October 24, 2014 | 1008 users online

Body Scrubs - L'Occitane - Amande Delicious Paste

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by yokojoano

Part of a very expensive gift set (shower oil, candle, cream, and scrub). I like the smell, although its a bit strong. I love the way this paste leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth. I've saved it and only use it for a special treat because its so darn expensive. Packaging is gorgeous. Scent sticks around. I think I'd buy again, but not completely sure because there are a lot of less expensive scrubs that I like just as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2007 9:35:00 PM More reviews by wintercookie

Absolutely love this product! My skin felt so soft and smooth after i'm done with it, not to mention that a little goes a long way. Don't mention that my husband loved the smell of it.. Absolutely delicious :) Will definitely be repurchasing again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2007 9:00:00 PM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Highly disappointing, more so because I absolutely adore most things L'Occitane, especially products from the Almond range. The word 'paste' is operative here: this scrub does not contain any rough exfoliating granules whatsoever, which is perfect if you're looking for a super-sensitive exfoliation session. But if like me, you really want to feel your skin has been scrubbed clean and glows with health and vitality afterwards, then the Amande Delicious Paste is not for you. The walnut shell particles in this scrub are far too gentle for me to feel that any exfoliation at all has taken place. My skin looks no different from before I slathered the paste on and massaged it over my body. No noticeable glow, no toning or firming effect, nothing. It does however do a good job at moisturizing but that's about the only redeeming thing I got out of using this in the shower. The scrub is contained in a beautiful old-world type glass jar. L'Occitane packaging is usually a winner in the aesthetics department but fails to satisfy the more practical utility aspects. The paste smells truly delicious and if you're a fan of almond scents, you will definitely appreciate this. It is extremely expensive though, retailing for AUD 55 in Australia. If you're tempted to splurge on a luxurious French bath product, I would definitely recommend the Amande Shower Oil or any of the Almond body products. The Almond Milk Concentrate is divine and although it's priced the same as the Delicious Paste, the former is far more value for your money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

The only part of the amande line that I don't like. I'm a scrubbie addict and this just didn't cut it for me. The scent isn't anything like the others in the amande line. It's just off and pasty smelling to me. The consistency is too pasty and the scrubbies aren't concentrated or scrubby enough. Doesn't leave my skin silky like the other scrubs I use and love. Great disappointment as I'm totally addicted to the rest of this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2006 9:49:00 AM More reviews by makeup_chick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just adore this product!!! I have a graveyard of scrubs in my linen closet, but this one just stays in my shower. I used this on dry skin, then showered afterwards and when I dried off, my skin was truely amazing. I never ever rave about any cosmetic/skincare product, but this one deserves it! The biggest compliment I can give to this product is that my husband commented on the softness and silkiness of my skin. When followed with the Amande Milk Concentrate, I just cannot stop touching my legs!! It is not the most inexpensive scrub on the market, and there are substitutions I am sure. However, none of them are as effective or smell as devine. My absolute favorite beauty product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2006 9:40:00 AM More reviews by northender

Argh. Why am I rating this a 5 but can't see myself buying it again. This stuff is, indeed, delicious - it's refined, high quality, gentle yet effective, and smells amazing. My skin soaks it up and feels butter soft afterwards. Two problems: one, the idiotic jar packaging (pumps people!) and two, Booth's makes a comparable product - a yummy smelling walnut scrub- for $6.00. The Booth's scrub's texture is definitely less refined and not as luxurious, but at $6 I can afford to use it every day and no longer have to wait for a special occasion to scrub. Once I discovered Booth's, I can't justify my $32 for an equal amount of ADP. Loved it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2005 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Melody_bb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Execellent body scrub!!!! So smooth and soft after scrubing. The price tag is really high but still worth. Will definitely purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2005 3:52:00 PM More reviews by ISatinxSheetsI

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Granted I just tried this product today but I thought I would still share my raves for this scrub. The SA suggested I apply this before entering the shower (using on dry skin) and rinse off after. So I tried that and let me tell you, I got great results, and after just one application. I was concentrating the product on my elbows, knees, and feet but next time I'll use it all over. It's so luxurious. My skin feels so soft and I smell so yummy! I followed with the Amande Firming and Soothing Milk Concentrate that the SA gave me samples of. Super soft and silky skin. Yes it's expensive but I'm happy with the results and will most likey purchase again. I'll look into more of their products as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2005 11:49:00 PM More reviews by liliant_888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice enough but definitely not worth the price tag. Also feels a bit weird - imagine using flaked almonds and goo rubbed over your skin. Seems really overpriced for the product and result. Got much better results with the Gingerbread Man. didn't like the glass jar; a tube would be more hygienic.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2005 7:59:00 PM More reviews by jennifer36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all this product is a bit pricey. Having said that I only use this particular scrub on Sundays along with the milk concentrate. The word that comes to mind is DEVINE. I feel like Im at a luxury spa while using these. Shrugs probably all in my mind but I love them. The smell grew on me!