December 22, 2014 | 1660 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - ColorStay Stay Natural Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by chechi

own this in medium deep, it has no sunscreen, but otherwise it's an alright powder with chic packaging and it provides a matte finish (few touchups required). I often get revlon at rite aid, CVS or walgreens on BOGOF (i would never purchase this at regular price).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by love4chanel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For a drugstore brand, this is not bad. There are only 3 shades, I use fair and it definitely oxidizes during the day, becoming darker. The compact "MAC" like packaging is good, except the mirror is too small. The morning's application is nice and sheer, but it definitely can become cakey after a couple mid-day touch ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by kangarookaren

I bought this product at walgreens when they had a Revlon bogo sale, and I use it with the colorstay foundation.

I like this product. It helps provide a flawless finish with the colostay foundation. I will say that when I over applied, it made my skin look very chalky. When I used less, it gives a nice matte finish and helped control oil and shine.

The packaging is alright, but the puff they give you is laughable. For $10 they could give you a nicer puff...even the cheaper covergirl stuff has a nicer one. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by JMIC

This was a pretty good powder that lasts a reasonable amount of time. My slightly oily/ acne prone skin tends to turn oily after a full day at school no matter what, so I have more realistic expectations now, and I only get considerable shine after working out. The colour (Light) is a little dark for me, but works well during the summer. The packaging is pretty good and the compact hasn't broken on me yet. As with all powders I use a brush and not the sponge. It hasn't caused any breakouts as far as I can tell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this along with the foundation, but since i started using acne medication, i dont need foundation anymore. However, i did want a little coverage for my dark spots and uneven patches.
This stuff looked like chalk on my skin. And yes, it was my right color. It looked very powdery and fake. It took the shine away, but only for half an hour. I still need to blot every hour.
So overall, this powder doesnt give me any coverage and only takes away shine for a little while. Not worth the $12 price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 1:24:00 AM More reviews by DDmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been on a search for my perfect powder and so far this is it. It sets my makeup very well, in one night I only have to powder my usually oily skin one time and it does not break me out or clog my pores. I apply with my tarte kabuki brush, never with the puff, it makes my skin look flawless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by rutgutpoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This makes my 90 year old mother's skin look flawless. I am 55 and it does not do as much for me as for her for some reason. I can tell when she has this on because her skin looks peaches and cream smooth and even toned. She fell and had a horrible bruise on half her face and suddenly it was completely gone and I knew she had put this on.
I put it on and it looks like I am not wearing makeup at all. My skin is slightly more even toned and any blotchiness is gone, but on her, it is a miracle.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2007 10:37:00 AM More reviews by tabbk99

I have combination skin and this powder makes my face really oily at the end of the day. I've used covergirl before and revlon is a step up but if you have acne prone or oily skin i don't suggest this product at all. don't get me wrong though, it's not terrible just not for certain skin types.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by sweet_cake

i'm a teen and i have pretty much concluded that revlon is for older people (no offense to anyone). although the packaging was super cute and super thin in a matte black color, the product inside it was far less satisfying. i'm not sure what happened but after brushing a small bit of powder over my face, my face looked extremely fake. it had a weird white cast and seemed to cover up the natural glow of my skin-- much like how many older people look when they put on makeup. i wiped it all off immediately and took it back to the store... a sad end to a very nice packaging product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2007 1:39:00 AM More reviews by ksbkd00

This is a perfect powder to set a foundation. I use it with my colorstay active foundation and the two products work beautifully. It blends so nicely with my skin and gives a soft matt finish, never dry or cakey. It has not irritated my sensitive skin and does a good job of controlling oil. No product can entirely control oil but this one is worth trying. Coverage is not too much but I was not looking for coverage. I love it and will definitely repurchase.