October 1, 2014 | 1312 users online

Hair Treatments - LUSH - Henna - Caca Noir

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by ejole

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This CaCa is the Shizznits!!! For reals...i would walk thru a storm to get my hand on this caca ...haha !!! ok maybe not but u get the idea how much i heart this treatment. This product nourishes my weak prone to breakage hair. it adds body to my limpy hair and it covers my grey hair. If your suffering from hairloss like me you can add aloe vera,2 tbs of apple cider vinerger and rosemary tea infusion if u want. I will NEVER go back to using damaging hair dyes ever again. Thank u lush for making quality products for us and the enviroment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by bunnymug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product thinking I would use it on myself, but instead I opted to use it on my best friend who needed a color refreshment.

Her hair was a medium auburn to start out with. We mixed three blocks of Noir (ground very fine) with some lemon juice and warm coffee - enough to make a yogurt-like paste. It smells like... well.. something illegal, haha. And it looks like, well what it was named after! They were not kidding about that.

Anyway. I caked her entire head with the stuff, making sure I got all the roots, etc. We then wrapped her head in saran wrap and THEN tin foil too. If you want more of a brownish tone from the indigo, let your hair air dry. My friend wanted more reddish tones, so we opted to trap as much body heat as possible. Poor thing, she looked like an absolute weirdo for a few hours! Haha. We made her some foil alien antennas though, to keep it professional.

We left t on for three hours, occasionally attending to some drips of noir from the foil. Clean up was no messier than any other hair dye, just smelled different.

The results were amaaaazing! Her hair went from a regular auburn to a dark brown with beautiful coppery red highlights. Looks like autumn leaves, as corny as that sounds. My hair is already black, otherwise I would have done it too just seeing her results.

And, it conditioned her hair like you wouldn't believe. Her hair is extremely heat damaged and overprocessed, and the Noir made it super soft, shiny, healthy, and just effing beautiful.

Highly, highly recommend this product! Can't wait til I lighten my hair and I can use it myself :)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by wws1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used this recently to dye over my dark blond hair and highlights. Even if this did nothing for my colour, I would continue to use it for what it has done for the condition of my hair. It's like I have someone else's hair on my head! It's super glossy, soft, and silky - something no conditioner has ever been able to do to my hair. I had to do the entire process thrice to get my hair as dark as i wanted it. Indigo loses efficacy when it's heated so DON'T follow the instructions on the package for best results. Skip the bain marie routine and just use hot water from the tap or brewed black coffee (still warm, just not boiling). I added a tablespoon of amla powder as well to push the colour towards brown and a teaspoon of salt to make the indigo stick. I covered my hair with a shower cap and scarf and left it on for about six hours. I washed it with a cheapie conditioner - it took ages, but it was worth it. Love, love, love this stuff!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 3:10:00 AM More reviews by DNS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have done all th Lush No Cacas except Marron. I loved the rouge but when my hairstyle changed I changed to colour and gradually kept getting darker. I started with chemically VERY damaged - I did A LOT to my hair - med-dk brown - similar to my natural colour. The indigo is the blue/green colour everyone talks about - in the Noir. I have done both wrapped and non wrapped and I have also did it with a bain marie and just hot tap water. I found that I didn;t get much out of the colour if it was wrapped but unwrapped made it a gorgeous VERY dark colour. I leave mine on 6-8 hours. Also, I found that if you are having a hard time rinsing - let the water run on it as you mush it into your scap as you rinse or hang over a tub full of water and swish your head back and forth helps a lot too. Cleaning it up gets easier as you develope the desirable consistency and as long as you wipe it right away you are fine. It is definately worth not having a chemical reaction and for myself - worth the fact it is one product not tested on animals. The hair dyes you buy in the store ARE tested on animals. You can always add clipins for highlights later. It layers on itself so as you layer each time you apply teh colour becomes richer or more vibrant. Don't judge it right after either - it DOES take about 4-5 days to fully oxidize and deepen - no matter what colour you choose.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by ishq88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have shoulder length, dark brown hair with blonde highlights which are growing out. I uses 3 blocks of caca noir( 2 would have been enough) I grated it and added hot tap water and 1tsp of salt to make the indigo/henna stick. Applied it, by talking globs of it and putting in in my hair,just like you would shampoo your hair( wear rubber gloves) wasted very messy.Takes about 10min.

Left it on for 2.5 hrs, unvovered cuz i wanted a more black /brown colour. Cover it in saran wrap if you want a reddish undertone. Rinsed it out while in the shower. Shampooed and conditioned with a sulfate -free products so that it wont strip the colour.

RESULTS

DAY 1- same day after i blow dried it, my hair was a jet black, but when i went out in the light , it had a greenish tint( the blonde highlights turned a mossy green) I was freaking out and thought that since my hair was previously color treated, thats why it turned green ( even though that was over a year ago) but then read that sometimes indigo does this to hair cuz the indigo has to oxidize which may take 48hrs. so i decided to wait it out.

DAY 2- the next day,, my hair was a black with deep brown highlights. the green tint was gone! But my hair was sooo dry, it felt like hay. That evening i put on a Morrocan hydrating hair mask.

DAY 3- the final colour was a dark chocolate brown with caramel highlights in the light. My hair was soft, shiny and lots of volume. I love the colour and would defiantly use caca noir again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by sunflower22

This is my go-to hair color. I started with the Caca brun but I have found that Caca Noir mixed with boiling coffee and vinegar and 8 hours in saran wrap gives me the deep, rich black with dark brown highlights I had originally envisioned. Before the henna, I had highlighted blonde hair that the drugstore chemical dyes couldn't cover. Henna keeps my hair dark and reacts well with my highlights (ie the highlighted parts are the dark reddish brown). My hair is smooth, shiny, and not ruined by chemical dyes! This and Wen cleansing conditioner are all my hair needs from now on!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by ALF1969

I have baby fine thin dark dark brown hair with no greys (yet) and colour my hair to get extra body and shine - I like my natural colour. Have been using Casting colour for this, very effective(!) giving more texture, body, shine, and more depth of colour. Problem is, even though this is a semi the condition of my hair was deteriorating with each colour application. I read the reviews (thanks girls!) and decided to try the Lush henna (over buying henna and indigo separately). So I was prepared, I knew it would be messy, I knew it wouldn't be as easy as a squeezy tube of gel. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I grated 2 squares (I have a short bob) and mixed with freshly brewed coffee until it was like cake mixture and heating gently over a bain-marie. Left mixture over low heat until colour changed from green to almost black and then applied. I applied in the kitchen in front of a massive mirror (taken off the wall) using just gloves and a towel around my shoulders. I am not sure that I applied it terribly evenly but it turned out even. I didn't want to wrap it as I didn't want red in it but I put a shower cap over it to stop the shedding. I had to put a hat on in the end as I needed to go to B&Q before my 4 hours was up.
Rinsing was a bit of a chore but not as bad as other's experienced. I have a powerful shower and think this helped. I washed twice using my normal shampoo and conditioned and that was it. When I dried it my hair was dark almost black with a tiny bit of red. It did get darker over the next 2-3 days but only slightly. The shine is just incredible, like glass. I've never had hair this shiny. It doesn't feel soft and baby fine anymore but feels thicker with more texture and body - Yay!. Some people say that their hair gets drier, if you already have thick coarse hair that might be a problem but not for me :-) I will definitely do this again when it needs it and won't bother with chemical dye (unless this stuff doesn't cover grey when I need it). Also, not sure how this will fade, hope it doesn't go reddy, but if it does I will just do it again. What will I do differently next time? Well I won't use coffee coz I got a bit of a headache, I won't heat it as many of you say it doesn't need it but I will wait for the mixture to go black, I will make the mixture a bit thinner to make it easier to apply (might be messier though), I will rinse my hair with conditioner and not use shampoo until the next morning as this may give the henna a bit more time to do it's thing. Highly recommended but took off 1 lippy for inconvenience.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by xAysha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

(ignore the rating coz i havent had the results yet!)

my boyfriend kindly grated and melted down 4 cubes of Caca Noir for me and added half a tsp of salt which makes the colour take to the hair better, i told him exactly how earlier! (with hot but not boiling water) in pyrex bowl, inside a saucepan full of almost boiling water to keep it hot -double boiler- while i applied it to my hair (which is down to my butt and normal thickness, dark brown, i usually use commercial dyes to dye it jet black but wanted a natural change!!), it took a while and was hard to apply coz even though i did it in tiny sections i still felt every single strand wasnt coated, it smelt like a fresh cow pat eww (but suprisingly, boyfriend said it smelt "nice n healthy" lol), im gonna sleep with it on, uncovered for a darker/blue tint coz i dont think red would suit me, using an old black towel and sheets/pillow case tonight!! will update with the results and post an after pic.. see profile for how my hair WAS x

i wanted to sleep with it in but my bf made me wash it off after 4 hours which im disapointed about but o wel..think my hair looks a tiny bit darker and shinier but wasnt worth all that hassle coz its not noticeable to anyone else but me. it still looks greasy but thats because i aint gona use shampoo for 24 hours (so the colour can adhere better..) i washed it out with just water and a good conditioner til the water ran almost clear.. will update on my hair wen its dry.

*update*
super shiny soft black hair. could almost see a reflection in my hair not even kidding lol, an more body. was gawjus. BUT not worth the hassle. it washed out so quickly literally less than 2 weeks n left me with a red tint (an i dont use harsh shampoo or wash it everyday), i did it again since using 2 blocks NOIR 4 blocks BRUN, gave me silky chocolate brown hair for a week.. but now its a faded light brown with REALLY red tints which i hate but cant dye over it coz 1. i dont wanna use henna again and 2. cant use chemicals over it! grrr

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by thelonelyraindrop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using caca Noir for years and it is amazing! Leaves hair well conditioned with brilliant color and shine! My only advice would be that you need to be patient in not only letting it sit for a long time, but also by allowing it to build up over time with a serious of applications. These will give you the best results.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by ArretezCharlotte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, what is it that those of you who say that the amusingly named Caca Noir had no effect whatsoever have been putting on your hair? Surely it cannot be this stuff! I hennad and then indigoed my dark golden blonde hair, hoping to achieve a rich, neither warm nor cool, chocolate brown . Result - very warm, gingery light to medium brown hair and me very pissed off. Bought some Caca Noir a few days later, whacked it on for 5 hours with low expectations and suffice it to say that my hair is now not only dark brown, but so dark it is virtually black, admittedly after an unfortunate 'settling in' 48 hour period of it being coal black with moss green tints under artificial light. But useless it certainly ain't.

Indigoing your hair is one of the most horrificially messy processes known to humanity. Henna is more unpleasant, because it solidifies without drying into a sort of toffee-like cement, and your neck aches like a bitch after 10 minutes, but it fastens itself to your hair and so doesn't tend to drip. Indigo on the other hand clumps and pills into evil clusters, little and large, that tumble all over you and your floors and your furniture and your family members. A fortnight later and the dead skin I scrub off my neck in the bath is still jeans blue, and I am still finding little dried pebbles of the bloody indigo all over my house. They're not lying when they admit that it stains everything, either. Since Caca Noir is mainly indigo, all this applies to it as well to the powdered indigo that I used prior to it.

I grated mine, which took forever but saved me from having to stir it for centuries. I'd heard that boiling water can ruin indigo, so used hot water from the tap. I've deduced that it's very important to achieve the recommended yoghurty consistency - if it's too thick, you'll miss big patches of your head and end up with spotty hair and embarrassment and people laughing at you. I've also deduced that it's vital to let the colour settle for a few days before you decide that it's a disaster. Mine was a fetching shade of dark green for the first 24 hours and jet black with algae-coloured highlights for the following 24. Less than a day later it was deep, dark brown and the highlights were red, presumably from my previous henna session.

It takes forever to rinse, you have been warned. My hair comes halfway down my arms, and 35 minutes after I begun the rinsing stage I was still standing hunched over with my head under the tap, pulling hunks out of my hair like a complete and utter twat. Even when you think it's all done and dusted, you will probably find the water is slightly tinted when you next wash your hair. And you'll need to be wearing clothes that you don't mind ruining forever, and you'll need to scrub the skin on your hairline, ears, neck and shoulders so hard that it nearly comes off. But it will in the end.

When my colour needs a top up, I'll definitely repurchase. The process itself was so messy and exhausting that I surely came within inches of death, but the end result was, is, worth it. I never believed the stories of henna products bettering the condition of hair but after a round of henna, a round of indigo and a round of Caca Noir, my hair is in better condition than it has been since I was 9 or 10 years old. Click continued for pictures.

Natural colour:

After henna and indigo, blowdried straight. It didn't look it in this picture, but it was still very light and gingery, only slightly darker than my natural colour.

After Caca Noir. In natural light it's a little less black and a little more brown. It's a lot darker than I wanted it but I'm getting used to it, slowly.

continued >>