Prada Prada EDP

3.7

Amber, Bergamot, Orange, Mandarin Flower ,Mimosa, rose, Schinus Molle, peru balsam, patchouli, rasphberry, Sandalwood, Labdanum, Tonka bean, vanilla, musk.

on 10/16/2009 10:41:00 AM

I adore this scent. I really do. This is right up my alley. Prada has everything i love about perfume and I may have found my signature scent with this one, But... im not leaving L de Lolita Lempicka yet. I have to sniff about it... And BTW im pretty sure there are no rules that stops me from loving both scents :-) YaY...!

on 8/30/2009 2:47:00 PM

This smells like winter in a bottle! I wore this in New York, and the smell takes me straight back there. It's a warm, heavy scent that is not for everyone - but I think is very sophisticated.

When I smell it in summer I don't like it as much, it's definitely a scent for velvet, tweed-y coats and woolly scarves!

What an elegant and mature fragrance this is. When I say mature, I am not suggesting it's for "old" people, but ones that appreciate a more mature scent than the light fruity florals. I think this fragrance is very sensual, but in a very classy way. I've seen it classed as a woody oriental and that pretty much sums it up in my opinion. I get a very woody, spicy musk fragrance that has excellent lasting power. In saying that though, I don't find it at all overpowering (although could be if you overuse!). I find this in the same league as Chanel fragrances, which to me just scream classy and expensive and really exudes feminine strength and confidence. This is also one fragrance that I don't think I could ever get bored of. I never have a 'signature' fragrance, mainly because I get too used to the smell and then tend to overdo it because I can't smell it anymore......but if I was to ever have one, Prada would be way up there in my choices as it's just so beautiful!

on 4/18/2009 11:36:00 PM

I was really on the fence about this fragrance so I decided to wear it to work. Within minutes, two co-workers started asking what smelled like moth balls. Since there really wasn't anything else that may have smelled like moth balls, I decided it must be this perfume. So, now I know what people mean when they describe a fragrance as "old lady" or "musty". Needless to say, I won't be wearing this again.

on 4/14/2009 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

On me this smells like a mixture of petrol and Victor & Ralph Flowerbomb! I much prefer the Prada tendre one. My skin tends to literally eat up perfume, I'll spray something and 20 seconds later it's gone! This does have good lasting power - 1 spray 7 hours later I can still smell it. I should however point out that due to the industrial strength of this one I got a bit of a headache later on, this is what may have caused it! A friend of mine wears this and it's pure inscense sticks on her, which I like, alas it just doesn't work on me.

on 2/28/2009 9:51:00 AM

My new holy grail perfume. Love this cannot express how much. I get the sexiest patchouli out of this, soft amber and hints of vanilla. Sexy and Soft, creamy. Love this and want to stock up incase they do something drastic...

on 1/31/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm not 100% sure I'm reviewing the exact same product, as the liquid in my bottle is a light green, rather than the pink in the picture. But the descriptions sound about right! I'm a little disappointed by how many people are repelled by this scent, but it sort of makes sense in a world of fruity florals--this WOULD be a decisively "different" scent if you've grown up your whole life with nothing but whiffs of Light Blue or Happy and the like in the air. According to the Sephora Web site (which, on a side note, I think offers the best descriptions and categories of dept. store perfumes), Prada EDP is a "woody oriental," which I think is fairly accurate. I don't like super-strong scents, and I most definitely don't want to smell as if I've doused myself in perfume. Instead, I prefer scents that mesh with the body, that linger on the skin, clothes, and hair. That smell warm and inviting and interesting, and for me, this fits the bill perfectly. I LOVE amber, as well as labdanum, tonka bean, sandalwood, and--my absolute favorite--vanilla, so this is my perfect scent. While I'm not the greatest fan of patchouli, I think that Prada offers I decisively "tamed" version that I actually quite like. I think this scent is classic, yet still unique. The lasting power is excellent, and I also love how this transforms into its own softer, "fuzzier" version throughout the day, with a softer amber and more vanilla coming out. I love this, period, and my only regret is not buying the refillable bottle from the get-go.
Notes, from Sephora.com:
Bergamot Oil Italian, Orange Oil, Bitter Orange Oil, Mandarin Flower, Mimosa India, Rose Absolute ABS, Schinus Molle ABS LMR, Peru Balsam, Patchouli Oil LMR, Raspberry Flower, Labdanum Resinoide LMR, Tonka Bean ABS LMR, Vanilla Absolute, Musk, Sandalwood Oil.

on 12/23/2008 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Prada is my signature fragrance, especially for fall and winter. I first tried it at a duty free shop in Frankfurt when I had a 3 hour layover. I spritzed some on and kept smelling my wrist. After an hour I knew I had to have it. For me, Prada is a true classic perfume, sophisticated and slightly seductive. Its spicy, warm, and slightly powdery in the dry down. The amber makes it warm and lush. Its sweet but not in a cloying juvenile way. On me this is incredibly long lasting, one spritz lasts the whole day. The bottle is absolutely gorgeous, I love the silver plate with the main perfume ingredients in French on the top of the bottle. I have been wearing this for 4 years now and I can't imagine I will ever grow tired of it!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is a heavy, sophisticated scent. In my teens and twenties I probably would have hated this. However, now that I am forty and have spent many years appreciating fresh, light, citrusy scents, I find myself attracted to this powdery, sexy, wintery scent. It reminds me a little of Shalimar, although I really do not like Shalimar at all. I would put this fragrance in the same category with Opium, and Coco. An evening/winter very sultry, exotic kind of perfume.

on 12/7/2008 12:24:00 AM

I like this and it smells good on others but a bit too strong for me at times.

Popular Fragrances