April 16, 2014 | 2037 users online

Cleansers - Korres - White tea fluid gel cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT: with continued use this did become drying. :-(. it's still a great cleanser, esp for someone with oily skin, but it's not for me.
Original Review:
It is so hard to find a refreshing gel face wash that is not drying at all and has no sodium lauryl sulfate - I finally found it - this is the perfect gel cleanser! It is refreshing and cleans well but does not dry skin out at all; in fact I feel it makes my skin more balanced, calm, and supple. It must be because it has some moisturizing properties (like the fact aloe vera is the first ingredient- my skin loves aloe- and the oat amino acids.) the white tea scent is really refreshing and energizing, and white or green tea does always make my skin feel refreshed! I feel this cleanser is breakfast for the skin :). I use it in the a.m. so it is perfect. I also use it in the evening to make sure all the residue from my oil cleanser is gone. I won't say it's my HG cleanser *yet* as I have some more I want to try first, but it is certainly on its way to being HG!
p.s. - to all those reviewers who complain b/c it does not lather: it is not supposed to, and lathering face washes are usually bad for your skin! they are way too drying. this one only used gentle ingredients. it does not use harsh lathering detergents (like SLS) and that's a GOOD thing - you do NOT need lather to clean you face!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by theodoradb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, this is a cleanser not a make up remover and imo it should not be judged as if it were.(yes they can be two seperate things). I love it as a cleanser as it does not irritate my skin which is quite sensitive. I don't mind the fact that it doesn't produce ungodly amounts of lather since I agree with another reviewer on that I'd rather have a cleanser that makes less foam than one that uses disputable chemical substances which create foam just for the sake of it. It leaves my skin feeling clean and not dry. I've been using it for some time now, and I'll keep on using it in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this facial cleanser. It is very light, the gel texture is pleasant and easy to wash off and the smell of white tea is refreshing. I usually just use this in the morning, rather than at night to wash off my mu. I got this in one of the regiment kits but, for the price, I'm not sure this is something I would repurchase. I think there are cheaper and more efficient cleaner/mu removers out there. I am glad I got to try this and if this seems interesting, I recommend you try it, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know with this product, I think it's ok. I rinse off all makeup with another product before I wash my face with this gel and it seems to remove the left overs. Not as drying as many foaming gels tend to be. The smell is fine, it's fresh and light, like lime tea or something.
On the NEGATIVE side: I don't expect much from a cleanser, but all I can say is that It didn't prevent some serious breakouts that I got after having used this for a while on my sensitive skin. I don't say that it caused the breakouts, but it was not able to prevent it or calm it afterwards and it continued for weeks untill I changed my cleanser. To make it foam the wather needs to be very hot and you must rub it between your hands, it can be a difficult to achieve the foamy consistency instead of a watery running liquid. The package could be alot better if it had a pump and the very short cap is quite unpractical and unhandy as well. Close the cap carefully to avoid spill in your baggage when you travel! I have also had problems with the inside cap that fell off! I think it's possible to find a product as good as this or better for a cheaper price and with a better package, and I'm not sure if this made my skin worse or just couldn't do anything for it, so I will not buy it again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Elzbt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So many people give this product bad reviews and I can't understand why. I wear light makeup, mostly mascara and eyeliner. For me, it does a good job of removing the makeup. Sometimes I use makeup removing oil first.

This face wash is very mild, without much lather. That does not mean it is not cleaning your face. Cosmetic companies put chemicals in products to produce lather to give you the illusion that more lather = cleaner. When I'm done I never have that tight skin feeling from the cleaner drying out my skin.

The smell is so great too. I love anything tea-scented so I may be biased, but it is such a subtle and soothing smell. I love this stuff. I know the price is kind of steep but you don't need to use that much. I've had this since April (it is now June) and I have used about 1/4 of the bottle (using twice a day). The bottle is the only bad part about it. It's like a shampoo bottle with a very short cap. It makes it very difficult to get back on for some reason. I often knocked it over when the cap isn't on tight and cause some of the product to spill :( I'm considering getting a re-usable pump dispenser so that I don't have anymore accidents.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by kimichka

Love, love, love this cleanser! Since using this and the Korres pomegranate moisturizer, I have seen a dramatic improvement in the quality of my skin...which is super sensitive/combination (I'm a little oily in my t-zone, and dry through my cheeks/chin/mouth areas). My skin had been breaking out badly in the dry areas so I decided to switch from my current face wash products and I wanted to try something natural (I was using Neutrogena's oil free acne wash, and Mychelle's fruit enzyme cleanser).
After washing my face, with the Korres white tea cleanser, it actually felt soothed and by the next morning with this and using the moisturizer my skin was calmer... less redness... irritation... and even a little bit smoother. Now it's been 2 weeks and I'm only more pleased. No new blemishes and my old ones cleared quickly!!! I have converted to Korres.... they make a quality product (everything I've tried by them has been awesome... I purchased the "Pomegranate" kit which has little sizes and includes a small white tea cleanser and I also tried their "Cinnamon & Natural Clay" mask which I used 1x a week).

Pros:
Soothing
Natural ingredients
Smells nice!
Removes makeup & cleans your face without stripping your skin

Cons:
A little pricey
Could be considered a con... it doesn't get super foamy like other face washes.... but it doesn't contain harsh chemicals like Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate (which are added to many face/body washes and make them foam up a bunch)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by glitteraya

Based on its reviews, I decided to buy it. I liked its scent, but no matter how much I try to make the foam thick, it just won't be... sort of watery.
I don't really recommend this product, cos I won't repeat it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by fyamaguchi888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have combination skin...oily T zone & with dryness around my cheeks/chin/mouth.
I use this cleanser at night and in the morning. It doesn't foam up so it takes a little while getting used to that. It does clean your face really well & removes all of my makeup with no problem.
The smell is pleasant...not too overpowering. I don't get that tingling, burning feeling like I have had with other cleansers. I take that as a good sign!
It does leave my skin feeling just a tad bit dry but I moisturize immediately afterwards so it's not a big deal. The twist cap sometimes doesn't go on very easily, I wish it was a flip top lid to make it easier to handle in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Miratira

Removes really anything from my face, masks, make-up, eye make-up leaving my skin fresh and soft. I think its cleasing power is amazing, it still might not be considered a deep-cleanser for oily or acne-prone skin types but excellent for the daily face wash, as it's very nurturing. Not five lippies because of the price. Still recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Wy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well OK, after using this cleanser for a longer period, I am going to downgrade this review -- at least for my skin --sensitive and dryish. It does a lovely job of cleaning and for the first few weeks it was great. Then for some reason, even though it didn't explicitly *feel* irritating, I started noticing changes in the skin on my nose -- my most sensitive area due to former "issues". So...there's obviously some sort of cleansing ingredient that is not bringing joy to my skin. :(

I've had to now use this only very sparingly, like maybe 3 times (total) a week. I think for a different skin type, it would be fine, but not for me. Sorry Korres!