October 25, 2014 | 1350 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I have been using this for years. It is by far my favorite mask. It smells great and really calms my skin. I will repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lovebeautyox

Have done a review on this product on my blog, check it out:

LOVE this face mask. Smells divine and can notice a difference in my skin as soon as I wash it off. Very good for acne-prone skin. Already re-purchased.

x

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by catletter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I want to start my review by saying this: LOVELY SMELL! I didn't read the whole ingredients, I only know it has berry and clay in it, but whatever it is mixed in it, it smells really beautiful. This mask has the most beautiful smell among Love Lettuce and Brazened Honey.
If I talk about the effects on skin, there are some problems.It is hard to apply and it dries immediately after you put it on. While wearing this mask, I felt tightened and dry so much. After washing,the feeling was better. It really controlled the extreme oil, relieved the acnes and reduced the redness. Also it has no rigid particles in it for peeling, so it is safer for acne prone regions.

edit: not so beneficial in the long term for me. It dries the skin so much and after washing I decided that I didn't like the feeling actually. Also I didn't like the application, because it easily peels off while waiting. Among the masks I have used, I would prefer Love Lettuce or Brazened Honey not this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this face mask, hands down. It makes my skin really soft and helps to reduce redness and swelling on my smaller pimples. For a face mask that is supposed to expire in two weeks, it is a little expensive, but I do find that I can get a months use out of this before it goes bad. It smells just like blueberries. Even when I use this at night, the next morning my face still smells really nice.

This is a great product for either a treat or for those looking to pamper themselves. My fridge is always stocked with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by iamgracey

I just bought this product this evening as I was looking for a face mask that can calm my pimples. A few of them just popped out near my temple and cheek area after using Lush's Herbalism for a week or so. So I needed something that can calm and smoothen my skin.

Lush is quite expensive in Singapore, but that wouldn't stop us Lushies from getting their nice smelling stuffs.

First Impression: Mask felt and looked so good to eat, like ice cream in a tub. Smells delicious as well - Blueberry with a tinge of rose fragrance.

Application: Easy to apply. I left it on for about 5-7 minutes and wash off. Easy to wash off as well.

Today's the first time, so I can't really comment as to if I should buy it again although I am in love with the smell. My skin feels so good and soft now, it also has a matte finish and a soft glow that I like. I hope it doesn't break out on me!

EDIT: I gave this product from a 3 to 5 lippies as it is really awesome. After trying so many masks, this is the only one that can combat acne, oily skin, dry skin - everything! Plus, it gives you a bang for your buck because it is so gentle to use it everyday. Also, it is one product that will give you a velvety complexion and super smooth skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by adrianamelie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily and sensitive skin, and I'm still looking for the go-to Lush mask. I decided to try Catastrophe Cosmetic because the saleswoman said it was good for reducing redness and calming the skin (it has calamine powder in it, I think). So I bought it.

Reviews here said that it would leave a talc powder on my face but it did not.

Consistency: By far the easiest Lush mask to put on. It goes on so smoothly. No patches. No mess. And it hardens after 10-15 minutes.

Smell: It smells like blueberries and roses, and to be honest, it smells absolutely divine. I almost didn't want to take it off!

Taking it off: Easy. Unlike the Mask of Magnaminty! This one doesn't take a lot of elbow grease.

Aftermath: This is not a miracle product. I still prefer other Lush masks. Afterwards my face feels hydrated and smooth but I see no difference in my overall appearance. It's just a face mask for the sake of being a face mask. I would not repurchase, but good for a light weekly face mask to give the skin a break.

***********

EDIT! I started breaking out with small red dots and small pimples all over my cheeks! Gah, my face has never been in a worse condition. Catastrophe indeed! Thank god Lush can trade for another face mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

I have used about 3 of the lush masks several times now and this one is my absolute favourite! It's such an amazing face mask and really soothes my skin. I have hyper pigmentation, scarring and redness all over my face . I usually put this on before having a shower and because it's so cold it just calms my skin down immediately! I take it off and my skin actually looks better. I love this stuff and would seriously recommend it if your prone to break outs !

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by RoxieHeart

This mask smells nice and didn't do my skin any harm but that's about the best I can say. I didn't feel like it did my skin any good. It dried it out a bit and left a white chalky coating that was a nightmare to wash off. The bits of blueberry in it seemed pointless and just made it more difficult to apply and wash off.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by AFellowMakeupNewb

So I get really bad inflammation all over my cheeks/nose/chin and red, irritated cysts on my jawline during the week before my period begins. This time it got worse than usual. To the point where I didn't want to even go and buy a product to try and help my skin.

I bought this based on the reviews in here and on the Lush website. But mostly the reviews in here, because obviously people on the Lush website are obsessed with the product already :)

I used it once last night. I will definitely review again when I use it after a couple weeks. It smells lovely and feels great. I've got super super sensitive skin and this did not tingle or make my skin feel weird or parched while it dried. It dries nicely and smells fantastic the entire time. Washing it off is a bit of a pain in the butt because of the talc. I rinsed it off, dried my face, and realized I had the powder alllll over my face. I ended up having to use my regular cleanser and giving a little oomph to scrubbing the crevices around my nose and on my chin to get the stuff off. It was still there! I put on my usual moisturizer and the talc kind of ate it up but when I woke up this morning I didn't feel dried out. I was balanced! Not too much shine either.

Soooo the results: I can't say it's super life-changing. It calmed my skin a little bit, but my acne is still super inflamed and mad (but this isn't an acne mask). I am mostly impressed that it left my skin feeling balanced. I have combination skin and mild rosacea. My skin freaks out about pretty much anything....but not this mask! So, I will give it props there. Usually when I use a mask I have whiteheads the next day. Only one little bitty teensie weensie white head and that could have been form me touching my face in my sleep (yeah, my skin sucks). Like I said before, I will give this another review once I've used it for a few weeks.

Side note: the container was 11.50 euros (I'm in France) and it lasts a month. She said to toss it after 30 days. Also, it can be used up to three times a week. And it must be refridgerated!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by secondlaw94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive, oily, spotty skin, and OMG THS IS AMAZING. It's so PERFECT for my skin.
It smells sooooo good - and this is coming from someone who doesn't really like blueberries (lol!) I apply it with clean hands, wait around 15m and wash it off. This can be a little messy.
The results? Clean, refreshed, clear skin that looks and feels amazing.
If you've got sensitive skin, then don't worry about this. Mine is super sensitive, and loved this mask. YOU HAVE TO TRY IT :D