August 29, 2014 | 1725 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

oh it has... Petrolatum... great

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by patticat68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This review is for the Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion Fragrance Free version. I have this in the tube version so it's easier for traveling. I love this lotion. It soothes my itchy dry skin without stinging or burning like other lotions and creams for itchy skin. It sinks in fairly quickly without being sticky even in the summer and leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized for more than a day. It's thicker and creamier than usual lotions and being fragrance free means that I can use it all over without triggering fragrance-induced headaches.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have found this to be the best moisturizer for itchy skin! The oatmeal in it really works to calm down the itch. I have purchased this over and over. I think Aveeno's products are really great quality. I live in Las Vegas, and it's great to have this lotion. Sometimes if I have bad allergies, and my face gets itchy, I will apply this to my face. I have never had any problems with breaking out when using this as a face lotion. I cannot live without this stuff here in the desert! Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to my dermatologist to get a rash looked at and she sent me home with a sample of this lotion, and an oral medication. I found her really annoying vowed to never go back to her again. Then I used this on my rash only to have soothing sigh of relief that I nearly melted. I went straight to Ulta and picked up 3 bottles, one from home, one for office, and one for travel. I love how this spreads and doesnt leave streaks on the legs, really soothes dry skin, it doesnt moisturize like I imagined, but its not sticky or drying, its very inbetween, so this can be a HG for summertime. In summary, this is a great non-eczema body lotion, of course, if you have eczema you will need steroid based eczema prescription.

Its incredibly confusing to buy aveeno, there are alot of lotions by them, with slight difference, if you are wondering the same thing, here is the breakdown of their offerings
---Moisturizing Cream Oil > for normal skin > that want a really light moisturizing lotion with a fully-absorbed matte finish. This smells amazing! and the cleaniest feeling in the aveeno line. however on me, I have to reapply this more often than not. If you are breakout prone or cannot stand the sticky feeling from a lotion, this is truly the cleanest moisture.
---Daily Moisturizing Lotion > for normal skin > provides moisture with oatmeal formula and dimenticone. Absorbs quickly but leaves a satin finish (not like cream oil), and also offers spf 15. SPF 15 is not the same texture as the regular version. The SPF 15 lotion leaves white streaks since its sunscreen. I actually like the regular version better.
---Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion > Dry to Extra Dry Skin > This also has dimethicone to stop the irritation combined with oatmeal. This is longer lasting on the body than cream oil or daily lotion. This is probably the best tetxure out of all aveeno lotions because it provides a very soft supple finish without the greasiness. Very multipurpose: Thick enough to moisturize hands, but thin enough to provide slip to spread on body. I like this alot.
---Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion with Menthol > Dry to Extra Dry > this treats as above but with menthol, which is soothing but in the long run not recommended since menthol is an irritant. I actually didnt like the smell of this, but hey if you want some temporary relief, knock yourself out. I know how annoying itchiness is. The large size is being discontinued, but I think you can still find this in the smaller size.
---Eczema Therapy Cream > already Comprimsed skin > this has oatmeal 1%. This has a thicker base than Skin Relief lotion so this is sits on the skin. Of course, cream will always be thicker than lotion. This has no steroid so it will not treat your eczema, only protect the skin's natural barrier.
---Anti-Itch Concentrated Lotion > already Comprised skin > itch relieve with medicication for non-eczema, weepy rashes and skin irritations. THis contains calamime, camphor and pramoxine. Works great as a spot treatment to serious itching. Works better than hydrocortisone.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by saedasajida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion with Soothing Oat essence...Hmm ... I've read about Aveeno being one among the few brands that has excellent skincare products for Sensitive skin, Dry skin ,Eczema skincare and of course Baby care ... And I also have heard about Oats ' natural power of moisturizing... A combination of Aveeno and Oats ,Good . I wanted to give this a shot on my daughter's very dry ,eczema - prone skin ..

The very first thing is , it moisturizes pretty good and controls the itchiness ... but NOT EXCELLENT , in the sense , of wintery , very dry skin ...

If her eczema flares - up , I can't apply this lotion wherever it's flaky or scaly ...( usually behind the knees , neck and arms ) ..But I apply it everywhere else on her body .. It works Okay ...( I use either hydrocortisone or Elidel ( Rx ) on the eczema prone skin...)

This lotion could be perfect for Dry - Very Dry skin WITHOUT Eczema ...So I've bought Aveeno's Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream for her ...It can go all over her body ...

I like this lotion in the pump form ...But the pump won't go all the way down ..I can see a lot of products , about 1 1/2 fl oz Out of 12 fl oz , settling down there and u can't pump to get it out. So I just open the lid and squeeze it on to my hands and apply it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great moisturizer for dry, itchy, and/or bumpy skin. I get free samples of this at work all the time, and it is like dry skin crack! It smells really nice too...not fragrancy or anything, but just smooth and natural smelling, kind of like oats. I love almost all of Aveeno's products. Almost.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by greeneyesies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this up at Boots on a whim last winter after finding my skin was reacting oddly to my usual E45 cream. I have dry, itch-prone, eczema-prone skin that needs twice daily moisturizing and is sensitive to fragrance. Most lotions are either perfumed and therefore totally unsuitable for me, just nowhere near moisturizing enough or contain something that aggravates my skin. I didn't hold out much hope that this would be any different but I was pleasantly surprised. This formulation, with shea butter, is heavy enough to hold in moisture and actually has the promised calming effect on my skin. The skin on my arms, legs, back etc has been much smoother, calmer and co-operative since I started using it. After a few months use, I ran out and had to wait two weeks until I could get my hands on new supplies, during which time I returned to E45 again. My skin's condition took a nosedive and only got better when I returned to using this product. I've gone through about 15 big tubes so far and will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by piggytoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Good staple. It moisturizes all day and is reasonably priced.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Just as with the other aveeno lotions this sinks in quickly and has no real fragrance however it leaves my skin with a floury feel on the surface. Although my skin looks moisturized, i don't like not feeling normal soft skin but another dry layer on top. Also I think the dimethicone might actually cause my skin to feel slightly itchy as my skin is very sensitive. I'm going to try ecostore's new body lotion next as their hand cream works a treat on my skin and it contains no nasties and smells fab!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by sherpa

Love love love this product! I've tried a lot of lotions but this one is definitely the best. I use it all over (except the face) after I shower, and it absorbs quickly and leaves my skin feeling great. It's not as heavy feeling as a lot of other lotions, which I love. Has a slight smell but I don't mind it at all. Would recommend!