Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation

3.7

active ingredient: titanium dioxide 2.30% ingredients: talc, nylon-12, silica, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, dimethicone, glycerin, polyperfluoromethylisopropyl ether, tocopheryl acetate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) unsaponifiables, lauroyl lysine, petrolatum, zeolite, ptfe, zinc stearate, eicosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid, magnesium myristate, lauryl alcohol, pca, laureth-3, tetrasodium edta, bht, sorbic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, [ /-(may contain) mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288)]

on 6/13/2011 12:07:00 AM

I love this powder! It gives a wide range of coverage, from light with a brush, medium with a sponge and heavy used wet. There is a wide range of colours to choose from, and the fact that you can buy refills means that it ends up being cheaper when you use the product over and over (also you can just buy a darker shade in summer). I can get quite shiny during the day, but this powder sticks around very well, and only requires a few little blots during the day with the sponge or brush (this is very acceptable for an ILLUMINATING foundation). Even though I am very conscious of my oiliness I keep going back to this, as it just goes 'glowey' during the day. My HG powder foundation for everyday use.

on 4/25/2011 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this in 60 Watts because it matches my skin tone perfectly. Unfortunately, after applying, it turned dark and orange. I tried using it a second time, this time over a primer. Again, it turned dark and orange. Even over primer it accentuated my pores and made them look huge. It does not cover imperfections at all, and I can't wear this without concealer. I thought about exchanging it for the 50 Watts, but after seeing how it bad it makes my skin look, when in fact I have really good skin for my age, I decided to return it. This cost a small fortune, over $40.00 for the powder and the compact. Also, I did not notice any illuminating effect at all, which is what convinced to pay this outrageous price in the first place. I do not recommend this product.

on 4/2/2011 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Looking for a replacement for Givenchy Prisme Foundation powder since it is no longer available. This is a nice light powder for dusting over foundation. But I couldn't call it a foundation powder. It doesn't last more than a few hours.

on 2/10/2011 11:00:00 PM

I was looking for a powder foundation a couple of years ago when going on a trip-- less chance of spilling, no need to take along a setting powder, and so on. I had tried Mac Studio Fix, but the lightest shade in my "color range" wasn't light enough-- besides, it was too heavy and mask-like. I tried this and loved it. Perfect color and coverage, and I also like the fact that the compact is refillable!

on 2/6/2011 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder foundation so much especially over my Stila TM. It gives a very radiant glow although not very noticeable at first as it needs time to sink it, but when it does, my face looks wonderful like so radiant and clear. You don't need too much either just a light dust all over your face will do. Make sure to apply this with a light hand, because one time I applied a lot because i was going out so I put more on. Well later on when I looked at myself in the mirror, my face looked weird and super shimmery. Maybe it was just me who had that problem, but yes, light hand. I don't like the smell of this powder though, it doesn't smell like a typical powder, and I can't describe it. Anyway, I would definitely repurchase.

on 2/3/2011 3:02:00 PM

I really like this powder. I use it over a foundation as I need a lot of coverage and this helps with coverage, and to set my make up. It gives my skin a nice glow too without looking sparkly or glittery, however I can see this maybe not being suited for someone who has a lot of wrinkles and fine lines considering this is an illuminating powder and may make lines and wrinkles stand out more. My only complaint is the packaging, the powder refill seems to fall out very easily and not stay in place. Would buy this again.

on 1/26/2011 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I found this chalky, flaky with horrible coverage. The colours were MUCH too warm for my skin. They made me look yellow and did not blend well into my NW20 skin. The illuminating made my t-zone shine, yet held onto my dry spots. No good.

First: IMHO this is not a powder foundation. I use this as a setting powder as the coverage is minimal.
But it works greats over Stila's Sheer color tinted moisturizer and is ideal for a natural daytime look. The price is too expensive for the quantity and the compact is separate. However, this combination does not cake and gives a no makeup look. Bonus points for the SPF but it could be higher. Also, it gives a glow but it is not shimmery. I still give it a 5 for the use as described above. As a real powder foundation this would be a 3 at best. If you need heavier coverage or want a more "dolled up look" try Mac's Studio Fix Powder.

I would suggest trying it if you already have good skin. My coloring: Mac C3 - Stila 30 Watts and Sheer Color tinted moisturizer in Light

on 1/10/2011 11:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Please let me explain my reasoning for bad reviews, because this "powder foundation" works GREAT as merely a powder. I am quite pale with blotchy redness. I got this in 10wats, minus the compact, for an absurdly cheap price. If I use a tinted moisturizer and/or concealer, this makes an excellent finishing powder. Usually I associate "illuminating" with "glittery". This powder gave me a dewey complexion and reflects light without making me look greasy and covered in glitter. As a foundation, this gives rather minimal coverage. I would never pay full price for this powder, OR purchase the stila compact, but would pick it up if I saw it on sale again.

on 12/10/2010 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love this stuff! I used to wear this in the mid 90's because I loved the subtle glow it gave my skin. The part that frustrated me though was the price so buying it was a treat since it seemed that for the asking price the small amount of product you got wasn't a fair deal. Fast forward to last week when I saw my shade (10 watts) was on sale and I snapped up a couple pans. I tried this powder out again today and I noticed a couple things. 1) it doesn't look as light and glowy as it did back then,it looks more skin tone now and adds a slight highlight to the skin and 2) the new compact I bought for it is plastic (!) now thankfully! The old Stila case I used back then was metal and what disturbed me about it was that the paint in the case leeched into the sponge and turned it grey. That leeching was another reason besides the price I stopped buying the foundation. A plus for me that my moody skin has not broken out at all so I have hopes. Also noticed that the coverage is rather sheer though I've not applied it with a sponge. Will work with this. So far great item and will update if the love fades in any way.