October 24, 2014 | 1689 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by toohautetohandle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only eye makeup remover I will use! I love it! It's the first eye makeup remover I ever used so I figured all eye makeup removers are about like this and I wandered to other brands a few times. Every time I've bought a different brand, I've used it like twice and went straight back to Neutrogena. It removes all my makeup and is so gentle on my skin. I have really sensitive skin that also tends towards dryness, and my eyes are sensitive as well. This doesn't bother my skin or my eyes. It doesn't have that feeling like it's tugging on your skin either; it's very smooth.
Even though it's oil-free it separates so be sure to shake it up before using it. It also leaves a residue so I have to rinse a few times after using it. Not a big deal. I love that it's oil-free but still has an oily feeling. It's silky but has never broken me out or anything. The skin around my eyes is the smoothest, healthiest-looking part of my face and I contribute that in part to using this over other makeup removers.
I actually buy the Target knockoff version more than I buy the real Neutrogena one and it works just as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I got this on clearance (I'm still baffled at why it was on clearance). It's AMAZING. I've never had a makeup remover get ALL of my eye make-up. Once I used it without shaking before and it didn't do anything so FYI: don't forget to shake before using!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

This product can remove stubborn water proof makeup well without feeling overly oily .

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Penguin789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You don;t need a lot of this for it to work, so it lasts a while. This is gentle & effective and I would repurchase. It's a little pricey though. It retails for around 11.99 CDN. I recommend getting this when it is on sale. I never use waterproof mascara, so I can't say how effective it is on that. But this removes waterproof eyeliner so I don't see why it won't remove waterproof mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by auntita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This makeup remover worked alright for me. Great for eye shadow and regular mascara but not as good for removing stubborn waterproof mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by xojlg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is excellent at removing eye makeup. It works fast and it's very effective, especially with stubborn waterproof mascara. I literally just put a dab on a cotton pad and hold it on my eyelid for like 2 seconds then wipe and it's all gone. I do find it a bit expensive as I can get the clean & clear one for a few dollars cheaper (also a very good option) but this one will always be my favorite. The only thing that bothers me with this type of remover is that it leaves that oily feeling you need to wipe off with a cloth and water afterwards. Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying sometimes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Wharerimu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hi everyone,

I purchased this as a last resort as I hate using brands that have a lot of chemicals in them. However, I have likes and dislikes about this product. Read on to see my full review.

Pros:

1. It does not burn your eyes. I was really surprised about this as Neutrogena is quite a commercial brand that puts a lot of chemicals in their products. I have really sensitive eyes as well and no burning or stinging occurred. So if your eyes are anything like mine, this is a product to consider.

2. My eye makeup came off pretty easily. I am not the best judge of this as I only wear mascara but I did not have to pull or tug at my lashes, it just slipped off really. Just make sure you shake it well before use otherwise you will be left with mascara, eyeliner etc. residue. By the way, I do not know how it removes water-proof mascara as I have never worn it.
Tip: Soak a cotton pad with this product and then hold the pad over your eye for about 15-20 seconds. This will help everything to break down and come off easier.

Cons:

1. Neutrogena claims this is an oil-free eye makeup remover but I found that it left a really oily residue around my eye area and I felt quite unclean. Rinsing with water helps slightly but ever after applying cleanser, I still feel a little greasy. Not happy with that part at all, considering that I have oily/combination skin.

2. The packaging annoys me as it has a screw lid and when you take it off, you could easily knock it over and spill it everywhere (as I have done before). However, this will not be a major problem for most people, I am just clumsy and very particular about my packaging. :p

3. The price is quite high for a little bottle also. I think I paid about $12 for this.

My final verdict:

All in all this is a pretty good product. It has some minor problems such as the price and the packaging but a big problem (at least for me) is the oily residue that you cannot get rid of. Everything else about this product though is pretty good. 6/10.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

This stuff really gets every last bit of makeup off of your eyes. You must shake the bottle well in order for it to work. I use cotton rounds to remove my eye makeup. It doesn't take much of the product to get the job done and it doesn't have a burning sensation. On the contrary, it is soothing to the skin. I don't expect any less from Neutrogena since their focus is making products with better and healthier ingredients. Really great product for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Edlovingirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this stuff this week... AND I LOVE IT.
it dose not take much to take off your i makeup just a couple of drops.
It does not have a wet feeling more like a dry oil feeling. And its not irritating to my sensitive skin at all! And you don't have to tug and drag the cotton pad across to get it of a few light passes of your eyelid should do the trick! Overall i think this is my new Holy Grail eye makeup remover!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I am super impressed with this product. I tried it a few years ago and didn't really like it but I decided to give it another try once I ran out of my Sonia Kashuk remover. This totally blows the Sonia Kashuk remover out of the water. It takes off my eyeliner and mascara so easily and quickly. It does leave a little bit of an oily residue, but that's not a problem for me because I wash my face afterwards anyway. I am so happy with this purchase and will definitely keep buying it.

I use cotton balls with this and I need only one, maybe two, for each eye. It's such a great product.