November 28, 2014 | 1694 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 More reviews by Inayah

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first mask from LUSH. It's a good mask if you have combination to oily skin. It helps with oil control and really makes the skin feel clean. It smells like chocolate mint. The mask is a little difficult to spread on my face and can leave lumps. It feels nice on the skin and has a cooling effect. It gets pretty messy when I'm washing it off but my skin looks better after I use it. As for it helping with acne, I don't notice it helping. I get pimples sometimes but when I use this mask when my face is breaking out it doesn't do anything to my acne. It's still a good mask though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by gunc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It's no miracle. Didn't prevent my oiliness much. Didn't prevent or cause any breakouts. Only, after using this i felt a little more fresh and clean than the times when I only use cleanser. It does smell amazing, but a little too solid so it is hard to put on.

I think it is overpriced for what it does, in my country at least.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Bethpag11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Whenever I go into Lush I always come out with something and a remembered hearing a blogger raving about the fresh mask in Love lettuce. So I decided to give the masks a try. The people in lush are so lovely and come up to you instantly and help you in a non pushy manner. The best way to describe my skin would be oily with the occasion blemish if I don't combat the oils. The lady recommended cupcake which is good considering its the one I was gravitated to due to my love of chocolate. She said its good for teenage skin. Oily and spotty however not brilliant for acne prone skin as the cocoa can irritate it. I have tried it three times now and every time my skin looks brighter, matter and any blemishes appear less red and large. When washing the mask off I recommend using large circular motions and using it as a light scrub. I use it three times a week. I wouldn't recommend it if you have acne bi for combating oily skin, it's perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The shopkeeper recommended Love Lettuce or Cupcake, and I chose to buy the latter because the idea of chocolate and everything sweet appealed to me. This mask however was disappointing overall. It helped a little with the oil, merely taking the shine off my face. As for blemish healing wise, there was no effect. The smell is really strong and nauseating. It doesn't smell like chocolate, but a rather gagging rubbery stench. I guess I'm not the only one since my sister always complained about smelling it from across the house. I guess I'll try Love Lettuce next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Lush masks are most definatly my favorite masks to use, and Cupcake is simply delicious. This was actually the first one I had ever tried and that was seven years ago! Still love it even though my skin has changed since then. It smells incredible, of course. When rinsed off, my skin is left clean, smoothe, and bright. I usually massage it in circles when rinsing for a bit of exfoliation. Just a perfect pick me up mask when your skin feels a bit congested. I'd highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by aed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mask. It changed my skin. I have oily/combo skin and it sucks up the grease, evens out texture and colour and makes you generally glowy. I live for this mask.

Plus, it smells like you could eat it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

This is the first mask from LUSH I've tried, and I thought it'd be perfect for my skin type (combination-oily / blemished) but it really didn't do anything for me. I loved the smell of it, and it made me feel like I was at a spa. It felt nice on, but that was about it. I didn't notice any changes in blemishes or anything.. I actually prefer my clay masks from the drugstore. I might try another LUSH mask, but I wouldn't repurchase this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

I used to live around a Lush store, so that we would always go in with my friend. They can be pretty pushy there on all 'natural' products. I have by doubts being that most of their bath bombs have glitter and face masks smell like additives. Anyway, it is nice to go in and feel pampered while the sales representatives go through the motions. No one can force you to purchase anything.

I used to get the face masks, as they are some of the cheapest store products. I like that the small tub will last you longer than one bath bomb for $6. I got the cupcake mask after requesting face products for acne prone skin with oily areas.

Cupcake mask looks like mud and smells like red velvet cake. I love the feeling of it on your face. And the smell just makes you feel like you are in a spa. I can say that it dried out my pimples and made my skin better. However, I don't find it works better than other face masks I reviewed. And it has more additives and 'flavors'. It is drying, which is what I was going for.

Lush says that the mask lasts up to 2 weeks. If you keep it in the refrigerator, you can use it for 1-3 months for the $5-6/tub.

Overall, this is not my HG product. I prefer Queen Helene masks more. But it is nice to switch it up. I would probably repurchase if I lived close by and felt like having a girl's night. I might get another so-called 'flavor' though. Just stick with the drying ones for oily or combo skin. Otherwise, most of them work very similarly.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by emilyjonesx

After a shower i applied this before bed, left for around 20 mins then rinsed off, skin felt beautiful and dry for once!.. but woke up in the morning with really oily skin :( so I've started using this 2 hours before I get ready to go out, do some ironing or whatever while you wait! but thats the way I get the best out the product! no having to use blotting paper when out, Great stuff! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by macprincess15

before I begin, i have a feeling i got a defective product

firstly, this does not smell like chocolate , maybe it was just mine but it smelled like honey instead.
also i have acne prone skin, and i did not see ANY results. i had high hopes for this one, im looking to try cosemetic warrior next. crossed fingers for this one !

once again maybe i got a defective one , but i would get a sample before purchasing