April 17, 2014 | 938 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

I used to live around a Lush store, so that we would always go in with my friend. They can be pretty pushy there on all 'natural' products. I have by doubts being that most of their bath bombs have glitter and face masks smell like additives. Anyway, it is nice to go in and feel pampered while the sales representatives go through the motions. No one can force you to purchase anything.

I used to get the face masks, as they are some of the cheapest store products. I like that the small tub will last you longer than one bath bomb for $6. I got the cupcake mask after requesting face products for acne prone skin with oily areas.

Cupcake mask looks like mud and smells like red velvet cake. I love the feeling of it on your face. And the smell just makes you feel like you are in a spa. I can say that it dried out my pimples and made my skin better. However, I don't find it works better than other face masks I reviewed. And it has more additives and 'flavors'. It is drying, which is what I was going for.

Lush says that the mask lasts up to 2 weeks. If you keep it in the refrigerator, you can use it for 1-3 months for the $5-6/tub.

Overall, this is not my HG product. I prefer Queen Helene masks more. But it is nice to switch it up. I would probably repurchase if I lived close by and felt like having a girl's night. I might get another so-called 'flavor' though. Just stick with the drying ones for oily or combo skin. Otherwise, most of them work very similarly.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by emilyjonesx

After a shower i applied this before bed, left for around 20 mins then rinsed off, skin felt beautiful and dry for once!.. but woke up in the morning with really oily skin :( so I've started using this 2 hours before I get ready to go out, do some ironing or whatever while you wait! but thats the way I get the best out the product! no having to use blotting paper when out, Great stuff! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by macprincess15

before I begin, i have a feeling i got a defective product

firstly, this does not smell like chocolate , maybe it was just mine but it smelled like honey instead.
also i have acne prone skin, and i did not see ANY results. i had high hopes for this one, im looking to try cosemetic warrior next. crossed fingers for this one !

once again maybe i got a defective one , but i would get a sample before purchasing

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by RaenaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore this mask. I'm a huuuuge fan of Lush and definately a loyal customer. With that being said, Cupcake is one of my staple items that I always have to have. I think I'm on my 5th or 6th tub by now, haha. Anyways, this mask is great for people with oily-acne prone skin. Since Lush has a variety of wonderful face masks for all different skin types, I would only recommend this to people with oily or acne prone skin. If that isn't you, then definitely try something else. Trust me, there's something for you! And if you're overwhelmed with all the choices just talk to an associate. Lush has some of the greatest and helpful employees!

For me, I've noticed a decrease in the oilyness of my skin overall due to this mask. If I have a breakout or feel one coming, I'll dab this on the spot and let it sit for about 20 mins. Or if necessary, I'll apply it to my entire face. Once it dries I then wash it off, apply a toner, and then my moisturizer. My skin always looks brighter, clearer and smoother afterwards, and my blemishes usually go down in size/redness. I use multiple Lush products in my skin care routine and this is just the icing on the cake! I don't use it daily though.

(If you use Lush's Grease Lightening on spots after this mask you will see an even bigger difference in the appearance of blemishes. Such a fantastic product!)

For the price of $6-$7 you can't go wrong! Oh and the sales associates at Lush will tell you that this lasts for up to 2 weeks, but if you keep it in the refrigerator like you're supposed to you'll easily get up to a months use out of it. Holy grail face mask!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by leafsgirl2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this mask, it really smelled great but I'm not sure if it did anything to clear my breakouts. I used this every single night for 2 weeks because I have extremely oily skin that never dries out, left it on for 30 minutes and when I rinsed it off my skin felt soooo smooth. Don't think I'll repurchase because like I said, it's just a mask that smells great and makes my skin feel nice but didn't do anything for my acne which is my main problem!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

This is one of the best smelling lush fresh face masks for sure. It did a decent job at removing oil from my t-zone but I'm not sure how effective it is at preventing or clearing up breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by shelbyclarke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of the best smelling masks I've ever tried! I'm not usually into "bakery" type smells, but this one smells really unique and delicious.

Would I buy this product again? I wish there was a "Maybe" option because I'm on the fence. Using the mask was a pleasant experience, but I don't think it worked wonders on my skin. For blemishes I think Mask of Magnaminty works better.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive tried every single lush fresh mask out there, stored them in fridge, used them exactly as im supposed to, thrown them out when supposed to, but i have an allergic reaction to every single one, every single time, i just cannot use them, theres something in them that dosent agree with my sensitive skin :( does anyone else get this with the lush face masks at all? Definately wouldnt recommend for those with sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Ewitts

Well I went to lush for the very first time a couple of weeks ago hoping to find the best face mask ever!! ..but sadly no, not at all! Since it was my first time there I asked one of the employees to help me pick out something that would work for my skin (I'm blackhead/acne prone and get oily in my t-zone) the employee suggested this mask. When I got home that night I used it right before bed hoping it'd help a few pimples I already had, unfortunately no it made my skin worse. More and more pimples were appearing and my skin started getting super red the more I used it, I wanted to love it so bad so I used it a few more times after that! I guess this mask just doesn't mix with my skin and if your skin is anything like mine I wouldn't buy this mask, try the cosmetic warrior one maybe :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by estellanutella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Cocoa butter is VERY comedogenic. Acne-prone gals beware!

Otherwise, this is a decent mask with a heavenly smell. I tried it twice and broke out twice, though not severely. I'm having some moral quandaries about pawning it off to any of my friends though because it's equivalent to giving away free pimples?

Anyway, I'm still giving it 2 lippies because even though it smells AMAZING and does helps with oil control, I think it is ridiculous of them to market this as something for the acne-prone. Wish I had checked MUA before buying...

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No