Philosophy Help Me

3.9

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Emulsfying Wax, Glycerin, C10-30 Cholesterol / Lanosterol Esters, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Retinol , Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate/ Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Peg-10 Soy Sterol, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylparaben, Triethanolamine, Disodium Edta, Bisabolol, Bht, Polysorbate 20, Propyl Gallate, Ascorbic Acid.

on 8/1/2012 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Having used this every evening for the past 13 months, I have noticed huge improvements in terms of pigmentation and size of my face pores.
I absolutely love this product - Its highly absorbent, the smell is ok and it does not leave a burning sensation like other retinol creams.
I use this on top of Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Serum and the combination has transformed my face from oily-acne-disaster into a beautiful and smooth young woman's face.
I do not have wrinkles so I cannot comment on the effect on wrinkles, but I had acne and high pigmentation and I swear by this product.

on 6/3/2012 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have been using philosophy help me on and off for about a year now. I first got it at sephora along with the purity cleanser and the hope in a jar moisturizer. When I first started using it, it gave me AMAZING results. I used it after cleansing my skin and before moisturizer.

The retinol in this product helped with my existing acne scars, it prevented break-outs and definitely smoothed out my skin's texture. My skin truly looked amazing, clear and very even-toned. It also helps in shrinking your pores.

I think this is a gentler retinol product than for example dr. brandt's overnight resurfacing serum. However, after about six months, I felt like this product stopped working. Perhaps my skin got used to it, I'm not really sure what happened.

I decided to use this for at least six weeks before reviewing it. The verdict is in and it really is a wonderful product. It shrunk my pores, banished my red patches and acne, reduces the appearance of fine lines and gave my skin back it's healthy, even glow! I can't say enough about this product and I will always repurchase it. I love the packaging and the fact that you can get out every last drop of the product. I wish it were a little less expensive but, a little goes a long way and I can see this lasting for probably about 4-6 months... I have used it daily for six weeks and have probably used less than 1/4 of the tube, so the cost per use isn't really high. if you haven't tried this, you should!

on 4/26/2012 3:59:00 AM

Amazing product,
I have huge and i mean huge enlarged pores on my cheeks, forehead and chin. This is the only product that i have used that really works !

I LOVE !
I just wish i was cheaper in Australia.

on 4/19/2012 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Can't believe I'm just now reviewing this, thought I did a long time ago. I've been using for about a year now and let me say this...this is the absolute best thing I've ever done for my face. I'm a skin care junkie, love trying new things and hardly ever repurchase b/c there's just so many fun options out there but this little gem I've bought 3 times now. I use it after I wash my face and if I want particularly glowing skin use after exfoliating. Seems to work best at night, when I wake up in the morning my skin is super soft, pores shrunk, no blemishes...I could go on. Do your face a favor and try at least a sample. Price is kinda steep but for me totally worth it.

on 3/18/2012 11:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have been using help me for almost a year now. I notice an improvement in my skin texture and pore size when I use this nightly but have not really noticed an improvement on the fine lines i am starting to get on my forehead. When I first started it did have a drying effect so now I just mix some moisturizer in with it or use it every other night. Overall a decent OTC retinol product but I am on the lookout for something that is more effective on my fine lines.

on 3/14/2012 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best retinol/ anti wrinkle/ wrinkle remover cream I have used. I worked at Sephora and have tried just about everything. Most products are too drying and seem to enhance the wrinkles prior to peeling the skin. I've also been through the whole olay line including the rx and the neutrogena line and Roc. Nothing worked like this or was a simple to use. I'm 29 and it's taken 5 years off my face. The most effected areas are laugh lines, eyes and the line I get between my brow from working in front of a pc all day. I'm amazed and think I'll never do without it.

on 3/10/2012 1:00:00 PM

I used a whole tube of this stuff, and I didn't notice any difference at all. Was pretty bummed out because it seemed make some interesting claims on the packaging. Perhaps this might do more for more mature skin since retinol is suppssed to do wonders for wrinkles.

on 3/10/2012 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This was recommended to me by another shopper in the store.. The woman suggested using just a small amount of the "help me" with a moisturizer (like a moisture cocktail), she liked the Philosophy "hope in a jar", I used Perricone moisturizer.. I have been using "help me" and "Perricone" for 4 days and nights (yes 2x daily) and I am experiencing slight extra dryness, but no irritation.. I cannot comment on any changes other than no breakouts and no excess redness.. I will give this another 2 weeks and see how it goes.. I will breakout within 1 to 2 days of using a product, have not with this so I am still keeping my fingers crossed that my skin likes this and improves..

on 3/5/2012 2:59:00 AM

I only use this at night time and only under my eyes i feel the tightness in the morning and my pictures come out really nice if i apply it the night before. I also simply wipe the papaya peel and clean my face one every 2 weeks and it works wonders.

Popular Face Skincare Products