December 22, 2014 | 1461 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Instant Cuticle Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by JordanGalore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the same bottle of Sally Hansen's Instant Cuticle Remover for over a year now and I'm just getting to the bottom of the bottle lol. It gets the job done, and is in a convenient squeeze bottle that's perfect for application, however, I don't think it's the best cuticle remover around. It removes a good portion of the cuticle but I would prefer a cuticle remover that dissolves all of the excess cuticle without me having to always cut them afterwards. It lasts for quite awhile but I can't wait to be done with it so I can try the Blue Cross one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Reemyn

Well this stuff won't dissolve your cuticles like they've never existed(if you want your cuticles to magically vanish you have to cut them, ouch!).
It will (only) make them behave! Which is a nice thing, I guess, my nails look polished, clean, I have no more dry, overgrown, cracked, disgusting cuticles.
The packaging is good, it makes easy to use this product. I don't think the ingredients are that bad either. I love this product, will buy it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

This did nothing but soften my cuticles. It did not dissolve them off. The same effect can be gotten by simply soaking nails in warm water for a few minutes. Even after leaving this on for 3 minutes and then vigorous scrubbing with a toothbrush, my cuticles that I pushed back were still attached to my nail. Even after a second application of this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by danapark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product didn't really help remove my cuticles; it did nothing. I would have gotten the same results simply pushing back my cuticles.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by LinDo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried many on my dry, thick cuticles, this one is by far the best. Works quickly to soften and loosen the excess skin around nails for me. I use a rough washcloth after wards to literally wipe away dead skin. Nail have never been better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Eternalsummer

I am still amazed by the speed at which this cuticle remover works, is this stuff magic?! Before I bought this my cuticles were pretty bad. Not only were they out of control, but they were dry and cracking and trimming them just left rough edges. I'll admit it, I bought this because it was the first one that caught my eye, so good on you, Sally Hansen for great marketing! Honestly I didn't know what to expect but when I applied it I was amazed at how fast it worked. I imagine anything that could dissolve skin cells like that could corrode your nails with too much use, so I try to apply it only where needed and twice a week maximum. This bottle is pretty large too, you get a lot for the price so chances are I'll be hanging onto this for a while.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an effective product, but it's not for me. I don't like how it loosens all the skin around my cuticle. It's hard to explain but instead of just dissolving the unwanted cuticle that's sticking to the nail, the healthy skin around it becomes kind of loose and "floppy." I very much prefer the results I get from pushing back my cuticles after a bath or shower and moisturizing regularly. This definitely works and I can see how some people might like it, but I'll stick to the natural way, even if it's a bit slower and more time consuming.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by imadesphousewife

Holy Crap on a Cracker, this is some good stuff! I picked it up at Walgreens for a few bucks. It works exactly like it says it will, my cuticles are now non-existent. AND....it made my nasty callouses on my feet disappear! My only wish is that I could use this stuff every day.

Buy it, I promise you won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few years and am fairly happy. Works also to thin calluses on feet. Occasionally I feel that I need to do a second application, but that's rare (hence the 4). I do feel that my nailpolish lasts longer after I've used this to prep the nail plate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

This stuff is the real deal. I was looking at Walmart months ago for a cuticle remover because I used to have horrible cuticles from biting my nails all the time. I've had luck with some of Sally Hansen products before and I like some of the nail polishes also so I decided to buy this. I put this on after I remove my nail polish and apply it to my cuticles and pat with finger to work it in a bit. I only keep it on for a minute before I start pushing my cuticles back because this stuff will do some damage to your nails if you leave it on for a long time. It's so easy to push back my cuticles each time I use this. I wouldn't suggest using this more than three times a week because it can take a toll on your nails, but that's what cuticle oil is for to help with the downside of this. I haven't found a product better than this to push my cuticles back. I think the packaging and price of the product is great. The product is a light blue and has a gel like texture to it. the cap is white and easy to take on and off. The product isn't sticky or runny, it is just spot on. It's sanitary and the bottle will last me a long time. Will repurchase when I'm finished with this bottle.