Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover

4.1

Water, Potassium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (Licorice Root)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I thought I was the only one in the world that this didn't work for! Like the previous reviewer below, this doesn't remove my cuticles at all. I left this gel on for more than 15 seconds maybe a few minutes and all I got was sensitive skin after. I even tried to loosen the cuticle, push em back and then massaging but no, still stuck on. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and why it works for almost everyone on here but me :(

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This just didn't work for me. I've left it on my nails for up to 10 minutes (and it's supposed to do the job in 15 seconds!) and it softened my cuticle a bit, but nowhere near removed them. I gave it quite a few tries and actually did better removing cuticle after a shower with just a wet washcloth. Maybe I just had a bad bottle? Don't know--fail for me.

I've been using this for years, I use it maybe 2 or 3 times a week and it works really well to help keep my cuticles neat and trim looking. I've almost completely eliminated the need to trim my cuticles with a cuticle clipper and risk cutting my cuticles due to weekly use of this product!

The packaging says it "dissolves cuticles in 15 seconds" but I've found I need to keep it on a bit longer than that* for it to work really effectively, more like 30 seconds to a minute or so. I also make sure my cuticles are nice and soft before applying, plus I push back cuticles and scrape the cuticle bed and sides of my nails with a metal cuticle pusher while the product is on my nails, that also helps. I follow up with an apricot scrub and nail brush to eliminate any lingering cuticle excess and that's pretty much all I need. This is an HG product for me for sure!

*This product really is strong, follow the instructions and don't leave it on by itself for longer than a minute or two or it will dissolve your nails too!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A bottle of this has lasted 2 years so far. I still have lots left, and use it weekly. No offensive smell, sturdy packaging. It is stronger than the high street products available in the UK. It works really quickly. I have really thick cuticles and this is the only remover that has worked. I use it with a metal cuticle pusher.

I've tried a lot of cuticle products and this one is really nice. It's cheap and will last you a while because you only need a little bit. If I get busy and my nails get neglected, this stuff is great for getting my cuticles back in shape fast. It is a little strong for my tastes so I only use it every other week.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

I've been using the same bottle of Sally Hansen's Instant Cuticle Remover for over a year now and I'm just getting to the bottom of the bottle lol. It gets the job done, and is in a convenient squeeze bottle that's perfect for application, however, I don't think it's the best cuticle remover around. It removes a good portion of the cuticle but I would prefer a cuticle remover that dissolves all of the excess cuticle without me having to always cut them afterwards. It lasts for quite awhile but I can't wait to be done with it so I can try the Blue Cross one.

Well this stuff won't dissolve your cuticles like they've never existed(if you want your cuticles to magically vanish you have to cut them, ouch!).
It will (only) make them behave! Which is a nice thing, I guess, my nails look polished, clean, I have no more dry, overgrown, cracked, disgusting cuticles.
The packaging is good, it makes easy to use this product. I don't think the ingredients are that bad either. I love this product, will buy it again!

This did nothing but soften my cuticles. It did not dissolve them off. The same effect can be gotten by simply soaking nails in warm water for a few minutes. Even after leaving this on for 3 minutes and then vigorous scrubbing with a toothbrush, my cuticles that I pushed back were still attached to my nail. Even after a second application of this.

This product didn't really help remove my cuticles; it did nothing. I would have gotten the same results simply pushing back my cuticles.

I've tried many on my dry, thick cuticles, this one is by far the best. Works quickly to soften and loosen the excess skin around nails for me. I use a rough washcloth after wards to literally wipe away dead skin. Nail have never been better.

Popular Treatments