October 22, 2014 | 2068 users online

Brows - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Brow & Eye Liner Pencil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I picked up this pencil on a whim in Taupe to fill in my eybrows. I am veeerry impressed with this pencil. I think I'll be purchasing more of these.

- the price of approx. $1.99 CAD is an amazing deal for the longest pencil I've ever seen.
- i tested the pencil on my hand and also to warm the kohl a bit before i apply on my brows, and it is very creamy! in a good way. a lot of drugstore eye pencils are too dry.
- i wish there were more shades of brown to choose from, Taupe isn't the best shade for my brows, but still looks natural
- the plastic pencil cover isn't very secure but hey, thats very minor
- i will definitely continue to repurchase these
** a makeup tip for pencils: I've learned that investing in a really good quality makeup sharpener has a great impact on your pencils, whether its for lip and/or eyes. I've tried all the cheap and average sharpeners and after a NARS MUA recommended I purchase their sharpener, I at first said no thanks. But then after trying to sharpen my lip pencil w/my cheap sharpener, I wasted so much product. SO, i made my way to sephora to pick up the NARS duo sharpener (regular & jumbo size) for $8.00 CAD, and this is one of the best investments, even though it might not seem so important, you could save money and pencil product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm absolutely obsessed with this kohl pencil from WnW in the "Taupe" shade. I use it for my brows. I'm 30yrs old and *just* started doing my brows, like, this year(better late than never? ;D) I have (&have always had) pretty full brows, I get them tweezed/waxed every 4-5 weeks, so never thought I "needed" to do my brows and thought it was only for people with thinning brows but I'm ready to say now that I was wrong!
I had the Taupe pencil in my cosmetics collection already, purchased it at my local CVS store for .99cents just to use as a basic taupe shade of eyeliner, but unfortunately I never really reached for it as an eyeliner so it collected dust until I saw a good amount of posts on the MakeUp Board about people with fair skin and dark brows using it as a brow pencil. I thought hum.. maybe I'll try that? Needless to say I did and have become a bit of a pro with it by now, and I've also tried quite a few other brow products along the way but always come back to this one. The ones I've tried thus far are all from drugstores but are: NYC's brow kit, ELF's brow kit, and Wet'nWild's brow kit. -I like them all, but don't find any of those as fool-proof and natural looking on me personally as the Taupe Pencil (which makes me happy because this pencil is HUGE, much taller than your average kohl liner pencil and is only $1 - it's a win/win)
As I said above my skintone is quite fair (In MAC I'd currently be between N10 & NC15) but I also have very dark brown eyes, and med-dark brown hair (as well as brows) -Taupe blends perfectly without looking like I've placed anything at all on my brow area which is the biggest thing for me, I don't ever want it to look like I've applied anything to make my brows look "done" (If that makes sense?) I typically top this pencil off with a little bit of clear mascara by ELF or Maybelline, just so my brows look tame ;) But the clear mascara part isn't even a "must" with this pencil as it smoothes my lashes down really well on it's own.
I've been using this pencil regularly (6-7 days a week) for about 4 months now and am still only about 1/2 way through it, so it lasts quite a while - regardless of how long it lasts though I plan to repurchase over & over again. I actually just stocked up on 2 more of them recently at a CVS BOGO WnW sale ;)
Wet 'n Wild has really impressed me lately and this is no exception, I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this. This is HG quality for me. I tried brow products from lancome, elf, and tarte- none of them compare to this pencil. This is waxy enough to keep my brow hairs in place and it looks very natural with my dark brown hair. No red tones what so ever which i cant stand. I am surprise that this taupe color works so well with dark asian hair and it does not look harsh. One of my favorite bloggers blogged about this a few years ago and recommended that I tried it and I am so glad I did. It lasts all day and it does not rub off. The best thing about this is how affordable and easy to find this pencil is. This is the only brow product I use and I do not need a gel to set it. I am still trying to finish the other brow products I brought.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by laplaisance

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great brow pencil. So affordable! and works well with my thin, light brown brows. I would give it a 5 if I didn't have to use a brush afterwards to blend or if the pencil had a suitable brush on the non-working end eliminating the need for me to hunt down my own brush. I have bought it twice...having completely used up the first one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by 123loverXOXO

I have dark brown hair but light brown eyebrows, so I decided to try out taupe. I LOVE it! It is the perfect colour for my brows (matches them flawlessly). I used to use eyeshadow for my brows, but they always ended up looking ashy, plus it took too long. This pencil (which is huge btw) gives me excellent control and a natural look (I only use it to fill in any gaps)... I would recommend this for sure. And it's only $1.50, how could you go wrong?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG brown pencil!!!! I have dark brows that are almost black and the dark brown pencil is perfect for them!!! just dark enough without being black. creamy pencil! I wasn't expecting that for something so cheap. my mom has lighter hair and I got her to get the taupe one and she loves it now too. great product. logged on here just to review it so others will get it cuz I don't want them to stop making it lol

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by irisng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product and it's cheap. They give a lot and the color is wonderful. I use this for my brows and it's a light color that makes my eyebrows look natural. I love this product and I will continue to buy it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Codeblue

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Being a blonde with brown eyes, it's hard to match my skimpy eyebrows with a soft color that's not too orange or an off-key shade of brown. I bought one each of Wet 'n Wild and NYC's charcoal, which I gently dab on (since it doubles as an eyeliner, too, so easy does it), then blend in with Maybelline's blonde pencil or brow powder. Works good! The blonde mixed with W&W (or NYC's) charcoal turns into a soft ash brown shade that's perfect for my light coloring and doesn't leave me with a Cruella DeVille look. With my fair Anglo-Saxon skin, it's a match!

BTW, I was thrilled to find that if I wash the eyebrow powder brushes with a gentle shampoo, they're as good as new - any waxy and/or oily residue is gone. No need to spend 10 bucks on a new eyebrow or blusher brush! Ditto for other makeup brushes. I've had some for years, and after I wash them, they come out soft, clean, and smellin' good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner!! I don't use it as brow liner since I have very full eye brows. It is very creamy so there is no tug and pull. The pencil is also very long so you get a lot of product for the 1.50$ that you pay for it. This is my favorite eyeliner and I will be repurchasing for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by lrigtnahpele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love these! They are very creamy so no tugging when you use them as liner. They are also very pigmented and they keep well so you don't need to use a lot of product at once and you save so much money.

They do smudge, but only if you run your finger over it. If you just press on it, it won't transfer. Should be good for people with hooded eyelids. Just don't rub your eyes and brows :p

I also have very oily skin, but that does not seem to affect the eyeliner.