September 21, 2014 | 1918 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe - Beauty Marked

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by bea2ls2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

my first mac purchase and it's a wonder i ended up being such a mac freak because this sucks. i only like this as a liner and that does not justify the price imo. it is hard to blend and the color is not as pretty as it is in the pan. i used to mix it with visine to get it to blend but it's too much hassle

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by carolynduffy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this hoping it would be a nice glittery brown crease color, sadly when swiped it comes off as black. A sad black that has horrible color pay off. I however do use this almost every day as liner, it is softer than a black and does stay on all day.

I would only buy this again to use as liner.

PROS:

Makes great eyeliner
Stays on all day

CONS:

Disappointing color pay off

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by LGel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like others have said, it's a beautiful colour in the pan. I have tried to wear this different ways, and the best result is with blotting/dabbing it on rather than swiping. But it still doesn't give me the look I want. The way it looks in the pan is very misleading. I love MAC but I really wouldn't recommend this particular shadow to anyone.
I've owned my Beauty Marked for over a year and it looks like I've never touched it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by gracyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

The thing with this eyeshadow is to pack it on the lid and not to swipe it. That way you are able to get the glitter as well and not just the black shadow. You have to use a red base with this if you want the purple/red/ payoff. I use Nyx jumbo pencil in cherry when I use this. I like it, but I understand it could be frustrating at first though...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInACasket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I want to like this eyeshadow, I really do, but it's very disappointing. I ordered it online without having tested first, and I was so disappointed when I put it on. It looks very pretty in the pan, but not so much on my eyelids. It went on black- I could not even see any glitter at all. It didn't go on smoothly though, it was kind of blotchy. I tried it with a black base underneath and got the same result. I'm kind of mad I spent my money on this when I could have bought a better eyeshadow. MAC usually does no wrong for me, except with this color.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by mariekcobain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This eyeshadow looks great in the pan but is truly desapointing when swatched. The glitters are rough feeling and the pay off is reaaaally bad. Even if you put a dark base underneath, it'll, unfortunatly, never be as it looks in the pan.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This black with burgundy/gold sparkle eyeshadow is deceptive in the pan as many have written. It looks like it might come out burgundy but really comes out black/red with slight burgundy shade which is barely noticeable. I wore it twice in 2 years because it is dirty looking and not a pure black.

I have been experimenting and realized it is useful. (1) Use a black base and swipe BM over it with a wet brush. The black brings out the sparkles and it's quite gorgeous. (2) Use a pink color on the inner third of the lid like Exp. Pink or even Jest, then a bright pink or purple in the middle, the BM on the outer third. It's quite beautiful. (3) BM also looks lover underneath Stars N' Rockets, which turns a gorgeous purple.

Layering BM over Groundwork didn't look so hot to me, but I don't care much for Groundwork anyway. I can't imagine who would need BM.

I just purchased MAC mineral shadow in Smoked Ruby and it has the red and black veining with the sheen. It is what I think most people would like BM to be.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by dzehnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

would def neva buy this eyeshadow again! it cost so much and as so many people have already complained, looks nothing like how it appears in the pan. was so upset when i got home and swatched it on my hand. was hopin to see a beautiful duochrome black and burgundy. it's nothing like that at all and when i tried to add more product on top of the swatch, off came the shimmer that i was straining my eyes to see (ok thats an exaggeration) but the shimmer did wipe off and i shall certainly wont be repurchasing again :D

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2011 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Paintspotting

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is the worst eye shadow i ever bought. Yes, I heard a few times that one should buy an extra base (red or black) to use this eye shadow properly, but then it was too late. I bought it already. There was no hint on the MAC website and the women at the MAC store didn't tell me anything. I can tell that this is the worst quality i ever bought. IF it is meant to be only for experts, so don't sell it in a regular store.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by LGranter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this product from a friend. We passed by the MAC store and I just happened to see this one and swatch on my hand. She had purchased this one, but it wasn't to her taste (she's more of a neutral base, black liquid liner kinda girl). I actually like this one. Goes on nicely, great as a powder liner. I actually used this one exclusively as my black liner for nearly a year. If I wet the brush first, I get a stronger, deeper line with a lot of dimension. The sparkles show up very subtly and just give an extra bit of pop to my blue eyes. I have not tried this as a whole lid shadow. I imagine it would be gorgeous if foiled! For those of you not seeing the sparkles, they are subtle. Try foiling and using it as a liner. I think you'll like it!