July 22, 2014 | 2113 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Well Rested

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using BE for 15+years. I always had horrible skin: acne prone, acne scarring, sensitive, OILY. This makeup changed my life. REALLY! I get compliments all the time on my "great" skin! If they only knew! And now that I'm 54, I have to be careful with what I use on and around my eyes. This stuff is great. I use it on my lids as a primer, under my eyes as a concealer and anywhere I want to brighten. The most important thing to remember about any BE makeup is to use it sparingly- a little goes a long, long way, and use the right brush. I highly recommend going to a BE boutique and have a pro show you how to use this makeup. The only problem with BE is the packaging......but it is so worth the trouble!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by herroyerro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My main complaint with this product is that it's not very long lasting. My under eyes look great in the morning(actually, it looks a little scary bc of the contrast with the redness on my face)

Nonetheless, it does make my eyes look brighter. And I will continue to use it in the morning. I'm thinking of buying the Face Shop's goodbye dark circles powder for touch up the next time I go to pacific mall(that one has lavender undertones which is better for Asian skin i think? also comes with a mirror and a little puff in a separate compartment underneath the powder). Hopefully that one will be longer lasting than this.

and I just have to say that I LOVE the packaging of this! I will defs put my other powders in this when I run out of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by ElektraS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing to cover up any blemishes, veins imperfections, for setting your undereye concealer etc. It looks so natural!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by lucidbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bad packaging, I hate how the loose powder flies all over.
Nevertheless,it is good under eye concealer,it is drying so I mix it with my eye cream before dabbing it on the dark shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Happythenjaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff... Use it under my eyes and on top as well. It instantly brightens up your tired eyes. I am fair skinned so it looks good and natural on me. When I do use my Dr. Dennis Gross glow pads on my face it does look a little light to be natural but I just add a little bit of the warmth by BE in it to make it darker. Great product. But it does burn and irritate my eyes if I rub.... kinda sucks....only reason it gets 4 lippies.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by joziel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this product, since I recently discovered and love the Bare Essentuals powder foundations and I've never used a powder under my eyes before (other than foundation/setting powder).

However, I've now tried using this product in many different ways and it just doesn't work:

On its own, it doesn't provide enough coverage. The light reflective properties are good, but the coverage isn't enough.

With a eye shadow primer underneath, it has great staying power, but it looks very artificial and like I am WEARING something! It also dries up the undereye area, causing fine wrinkles and creases.

If I use another product and then use this as a powder to set the other product, it falls into fine lines and creases and looks cakey.

Like many others have said, the colour was also too pale for me, which led to it again looking like I was wearing something.

Over all - bit disappointed. I had to throw it out, as it didn't even look good enough to wear on 'bumming around the house' days. Back to Garnier Anti-Circle roll-on or l'Oreal concealer (colour no 3).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this did not work for me because it gives me the reverse raccoon eyes or Kim Kardishian look. I think if you are fair then this will look lovely but for me it just looks made up. I prefer translucent powder like Laura Mercier or Tarte Amazonian Clay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

NC15-20 ladies with redness/acne marks, listen up! If you don't have this concealer, drop whatever you're doing and go get it right now. Forget using it under your eyes though, it's just ok. But it is phenomenal at hiding redness. I just buff this into areas that need it with a fluffy eyeshadow brush, and the scar is gone. GONE. And it looks so natural. A lot of times I skip foundation completely and just buff a little of this where I need it (mainly around my chin and nose) and it blends right in with my skin and doesn't look like concealer. When I'm trying to hide those bright red active pimples, I use my regular concealer on them, and then dust a bit of this on top to set it, and there is no discoloration peeking through whatsoever.

This is absolutely my secret weapon.

Bottom line, if you are pale a neutral to golden toned, this stuff might be just what you're looking for to hide redness on your face. Try it on your eyes too, a lot of people like it. I just prefer its coverage on the rest of my face.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

At first I thought this was the perfect concealer. Easy to apply, brightens...but then I noticed my undereye area looked horrbible! Dry, cakey, and with ines I didn't even know I had...definitely not the look I had in mind!
I kept it for use on my upper eyelids as a primer, seeing as I no longer had the receipt and couldn't return it.
Too bad- I would love it if I could find a nice, easy to use concealer like this that did not have those drawbacks!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS:
-excellent for an eyeshadow base
-not shimmery
-has spf
-great for everyday use

CONS:
-no sifter in packaging