September 17, 2014 | 2055 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Well Rested

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by ohsoglamorous

This is the only product I can find that will cover everything that's on my face that I'm trying to hide. It does not last a very long time, but I give it major points for being able to cover, since most products are horrible at this.

I use this as a regular concealer rather than an undereye circle concealer since Bare Escentuals Bisque in any shade is too dark for my skin. Even regular Bisque comes out orange on me. Well-rested is a little yellow but it's closer to my skin tone than anything else they have.

My main issue with this product, and I know they have changed this recently, is that it makes a mess. When you open it up the powder does not stay all in the middle section, so you end up with it on your vanity. Also, when you are running low on it it is nearly impossible to get the remaining powder out of the bottom section of the container. I've had to take the thing apart to be able to use it all.

I understand now they are making this product in a stick. Perhaps this is because of the issues I have described. I have not tried that yet but I am hoping that form covers as well as the powder does.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was pleasantly surprised by this product! At first I thought, there is no way a POWDER is going to make me look more rested.

Let me start by saying this WILL NOT make you look like you have had your beauty sleep if you were out partying all night! BUT it will make you look less like a hungover zombie xD

I start with eyecream (dry eyes urg) then some eye primer to keep everything in place throughout the day, and whatever amount of concealer I need (big fan of both the Maybelline lumi touch concealer and bare minerals correcting concealer). Then using my MAC 217 I lightly dust this wherever I put concealer.

This instantly sets my cream concealers and make it look more even. It also brightens more than you would think.

I think I like this so much because there is NO FRIGGIN SPARKLES IN IT. Sparkles do not equal brightening! It only makes people wonder why you have sparkly undereyes YUCK.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using BE for 15+years. I always had horrible skin: acne prone, acne scarring, sensitive, OILY. This makeup changed my life. REALLY! I get compliments all the time on my "great" skin! If they only knew! And now that I'm 54, I have to be careful with what I use on and around my eyes. This stuff is great. I use it on my lids as a primer, under my eyes as a concealer and anywhere I want to brighten. The most important thing to remember about any BE makeup is to use it sparingly- a little goes a long, long way, and use the right brush. I highly recommend going to a BE boutique and have a pro show you how to use this makeup. The only problem with BE is the packaging......but it is so worth the trouble!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by herroyerro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My main complaint with this product is that it's not very long lasting. My under eyes look great in the morning(actually, it looks a little scary bc of the contrast with the redness on my face)

Nonetheless, it does make my eyes look brighter. And I will continue to use it in the morning. I'm thinking of buying the Face Shop's goodbye dark circles powder for touch up the next time I go to pacific mall(that one has lavender undertones which is better for Asian skin i think? also comes with a mirror and a little puff in a separate compartment underneath the powder). Hopefully that one will be longer lasting than this.

and I just have to say that I LOVE the packaging of this! I will defs put my other powders in this when I run out of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by ElektraS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing to cover up any blemishes, veins imperfections, for setting your undereye concealer etc. It looks so natural!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by lucidbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bad packaging, I hate how the loose powder flies all over.
Nevertheless,it is good under eye concealer,it is drying so I mix it with my eye cream before dabbing it on the dark shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Happythenjaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff... Use it under my eyes and on top as well. It instantly brightens up your tired eyes. I am fair skinned so it looks good and natural on me. When I do use my Dr. Dennis Gross glow pads on my face it does look a little light to be natural but I just add a little bit of the warmth by BE in it to make it darker. Great product. But it does burn and irritate my eyes if I rub.... kinda sucks....only reason it gets 4 lippies.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by joziel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this product, since I recently discovered and love the Bare Essentuals powder foundations and I've never used a powder under my eyes before (other than foundation/setting powder).

However, I've now tried using this product in many different ways and it just doesn't work:

On its own, it doesn't provide enough coverage. The light reflective properties are good, but the coverage isn't enough.

With a eye shadow primer underneath, it has great staying power, but it looks very artificial and like I am WEARING something! It also dries up the undereye area, causing fine wrinkles and creases.

If I use another product and then use this as a powder to set the other product, it falls into fine lines and creases and looks cakey.

Like many others have said, the colour was also too pale for me, which led to it again looking like I was wearing something.

Over all - bit disappointed. I had to throw it out, as it didn't even look good enough to wear on 'bumming around the house' days. Back to Garnier Anti-Circle roll-on or l'Oreal concealer (colour no 3).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this did not work for me because it gives me the reverse raccoon eyes or Kim Kardishian look. I think if you are fair then this will look lovely but for me it just looks made up. I prefer translucent powder like Laura Mercier or Tarte Amazonian Clay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

NC15-20 ladies with redness/acne marks, listen up! If you don't have this concealer, drop whatever you're doing and go get it right now. Forget using it under your eyes though, it's just ok. But it is phenomenal at hiding redness. I just buff this into areas that need it with a fluffy eyeshadow brush, and the scar is gone. GONE. And it looks so natural. A lot of times I skip foundation completely and just buff a little of this where I need it (mainly around my chin and nose) and it blends right in with my skin and doesn't look like concealer. When I'm trying to hide those bright red active pimples, I use my regular concealer on them, and then dust a bit of this on top to set it, and there is no discoloration peeking through whatsoever.

This is absolutely my secret weapon.

Bottom line, if you are pale a neutral to golden toned, this stuff might be just what you're looking for to hide redness on your face. Try it on your eyes too, a lot of people like it. I just prefer its coverage on the rest of my face.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No