November 28, 2014 | 1475 users online

Eye Shadow - Annabelle - Haute Chocolate Trio Eyeshadow

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by anyeji

I got this product when I didn't know as much about makeup as I do now.
I need to say that I still use this product religiously
When I go travelling, this is what I always bring!
The lightest shade doesn't really do anything for me as it is darker than my skintone and makes my eyes look a bit dirty, but the medium brown shade is a wonderful crease colour for the day and the dark brown is awesome for night!
It also doubles well to set black eyeliner and to put under the eyes!
All of the colours are on the cool side for browns so it doesn't make my eyes look swollen like some other browns!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by XAmandaXSotherland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

the colors are great. and the color pay off is even better - would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Pinko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know why I hestitated for so long other than to say I am a color addict. I always thought e/s should have vibrant color. As I age, neutrals are much more attractive. I've been searching for a HG for years now with no luck : )
Until today. I finally bought this trio and was very surprised with each brush stroke. Alone, the lightest color could really do the trick with some mascara, but once I followed the others reviews and placed the medium shade in crease and dark as liner (which by the way, is the nicest liner I've ever come across)... I stood there in utter shock on how good my eyes looked! I'm talking "missing link of shadow".
I am very close to a USA state and never tried Annabelle because "why" when all the great products (Milani, SK) are just around the corner...but Annabelle actually is better than any I've tried, I hate saying this but "better than any high end e/s" too.
So Canadians...if you see it, and you are searching for something truly rich in color and quality... give this a try!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Shimmering_pink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Annabelle honestly reminds me of higher end expensive makeup for less. I love their lipglosses, blush, eyeliners, and this eyeshadow trio is no exception. I use the browns quite often for everyday lighter looks and out on the town darker looks. They are easily applied with almost any kind of brush and blend really well together. Will definitely buy again when this one is gone. I use it quite often compared to my other eyshadows and I have had it for almost 2 years with no sign of it running out yet. Recommend to anyone looking for a lovely brown trio!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Eva32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Now this is such a lovely trio! The colors are smooth, silky, and pigmented, and can make a great every day natural look, or a smokier evening look! The trio consists of a light beige, a medium brown with grey undertones, and a dark, rich charcoal brown with sparkles in it. The two darker shadows are cool browns, but the lightest shade pulls warm on me. All three shades are smooth and blend quite easily. They are well pigmented and don't fade throughout the day. They're packaged with a flip top case, and have three divisions for the three shadows.

Overall, I love this trio, as it's so versatile and can be used for all occasions. I use the beige all over the lid, the medium brown in the crease, and the charcoal brown as a liner, or in the outer corner. I don't look as good with warm browns, so the light beige is my least favorite color. But all three shades together do look good on me. I enjoy using the darker shades with other lid colors. For instance, I used a white shimmery shade on the lid with the two other shadows in the crease, which made for a lovely daytime smokey eye. A really great product and a staple to my collection. So far, Annabelle has not disappointed me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by ginger9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So glad I listened to the reviews - thanks ladies!

Picked up this baby when there was a sale at SDM. I own a number of the singles e/s but this trio really takes the cake. It's super pigmented and such a dream to apply. Not chalky at all and it's a no brainer on combinations since it's a set. I've been using it a lot and I have tonnes of makeup (mostly MAC). For reference I'm asian c35 but I think this trio is pretty universal for those who are fairer and darker than I. Use the darkest shade as a liner if you just want a subtle day time look, smudge, smoke or crease it out for a more dramatic look. This one is a must-have on my list.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by makeupcase

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Annabelle eye shadows!!! I have had them in my kit for years. For what you pay you can't get a better product. The colour payoff is excellent, and it stays all day. Definitely one of my top pics when it comes to drugstore eye shadows!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by junerose000

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't get over what great quality Annabell eye shadows have for the price that you pay. Haute Chocolate is another great value for your money. The shadow is creamy and so easy to apply and blend. The color payoff is excellent. I use the lightest shade as an all over eye wash, then the medium shade in the crease and the outer corners of my eye, and the darkest, shimmery shade as an eyeliner over my upper and lower lids. It gives the most gorgeous smokey eye look. The brown is a pure enough color that it would go with most skin tones. The lasting power is also very good. This is a definite staple in my eye shadow collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by mlit2384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to get this based on the reviews, it's a great addition to my es collection. The brown colors are very workable to create a neutral to a dramatic evening look. I find myself reaching for it quite a bit. The darkest color is gorgeous and makes a great eyeliner when foiled. On me this creased easily but that was easily fixed when I got udpp.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by jodee4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW... I am blown away by this trio. Highly pigmented, long-lasting. The perfect smoky eye.