Yves Saint Laurent Long-lasting Eye Pencil (Dessin Du Regard Haute Tenue)

CETYL DIMETHICONE . MAGNESIUM SILICATE . HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER . C30-45 ALKYL METHICONE . ALUMINUM DISTEARATE . C30-45 OLEFIN . CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE . SILICA.[ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE . CALCIUM ALUMINIUM BOROSILICATE . (CI 77861) TIN OXIDE. ] "7YY05-1 "

on 6/10/2010 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

so i think i have the weirdest eye area. everyone hates this eyeliner, i hate all eyeliners and all these years haven't really found my HG eyeliner ... til I tried this one at the counter in Nordstrom. I've heard and seen bad reviews on this one, but for some reason, my eyes are actually liking them. For the first time, an eyeliner that does not migrate on me. The only thing I don't like about this is I have to put eye drops on my eyes cuz right after I put this on, my eyes start to water and turn red like I have pink eye ! otherwise, after the tears and eye drops and all, the color is still intact, in my waterline. it's too bad it doesn't work very well for a lot of us beauty junkies.

on 5/12/2009 4:21:00 AM

I am extremely dissapointed in this product. On my quest for the right eyeliner i figured (stupidly) the more $$ = better and bought this in black.

Do you know what happened??? IT TRANFERED ONTO MY BROWBONE. WTF THAT is the degree to how badly smudgey this product is.

I must say that it goes on extremely smooth, lasts long and u only have to press very lightly.. but goddamn this stuff smudges like hELL. it lasts very long on the waterline but everythign else ends up all over my face.

the color is beautiful and rich, whish i guess is what i paid for and the only sign of "quality". i will use it up but will not repurchase.

on 3/31/2009 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Quite unimpressive for the price. I have #4 Indigo. The texture is quite stiff and the eyeliner does not apply smoothly. There is a crayon-like consistency. That being said, the colour payoff is poor too. Muddy and barely there. Mac is more highly pigmented. I did, however, like that YSL included a sharpener.

on 3/23/2009 4:10:00 PM

I got this eyeliner in black in a set as a GWP and I was excited to use it. But to my disappointment, it is not water-proof nor smudge-proof. Once I tightline my eyes and blink, the liner transfered to my bottom lashes. It smudges like crazy too. Maybe it'll stay put if I used a primer underneath it but I want something that stays all day long!
However, it goes go on smoothly and is very soft and easy to use, and the colour is very intense. But with the heavy price tag and the fact that it doesnt stay put, I will not repurhcase and might try some cheap Asian liners as they tend to be water, smudge, sweat-proof.

on 3/17/2009 6:52:00 PM

Out of all the eyeliners I have tried this is the best one so far :) It is not too hard and not too soft. It doesnt smudge so much it just smudges a bit at the corner of the eye but i dnt even think that counts since i have never used an eyeliner that didnt smudge a bit :P So i definitely recommend this eyeliner and it also comes with a sharpener so its a bonus :)

on 9/25/2008 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Oh my gosh i receive this in sample size (7cm maybe) and i still have it albeit using it everyday and it lasted till now!(from January)It's waterproof and it lasts whole day!!!Great for smudging too!!!doesn't smudge so much (just a little, a small dot)and it's great, what can i say more??:)

on 8/16/2008 5:08:00 PM

I love this eyeliner. I use it in black and it's very long lasting. First time I tried this was when i got a little sample of it when i bought the voulme... mascara and I love it! The only thing i really can complain about is that i want that soft "pillow" on the end so it can help me when i'm doing my smoky eye.

All YSL products seems to dry out very fast. From experience (mascara,foundation,eyeliner,eyeshadows) they all are wearable until a surten date. So I only use their products when they are "fresh" because otherwise they will do nothing but harm to my makeup.

I got a small size of this in my GWP from Nordstrom. The color I got was black. I had never used YSL liners before, though I am a pencil eyeliner whore and have used pretty much every brand, both high-end and drugstore. I THINK this may be my favorite. The point stays firm enough that you can draw a thin precise line, and even though the line is soft enough to blend, it doesn't smear and smudge and give me racoon eyes, like most other liners I've used. The pigment is nice, too. I definitely think I will purchase in the full size.

on 6/3/2008 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in black. I regularly use eye liner for a tiny (very tiny) wing on each eye because it really completes every look and makes me more polished and professional (my two new fav words to describe great cosmetics). This YSL pencil really stunned me with its precision and ease. I think it's worth the price!

on 5/11/2008 4:07:00 PM

Smooth? Richly pigmented? I got some other eyeliner :(
It smudges like crazy, it runs below my eye, and the (shade #1) black color looks like dirt on my lid. Besides, it's dry so it doesn't glide when applied, it tugs.

Top Rated Yves Saint Laurent Products