November 26, 2014 | 1281 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by nmutua

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the snap crackle pop. Enough said. Best. Hands down.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by reese17

I didn't exactly love this product right away as for the first few days, my skin seemed to react to the powder and would turn orange within a few hours. Thankfully, it adjusted to the formula and I've been reaching for this ever since.

Pros: no breakouts, keeps me matte for at least 6 hours (I have extremely oily skin and live in the tropics!) with minimal touch ups, scent-free

Cons: sheer coverage - it's not something you could use on its own to cover blemishes or uneven skin tone, packaging doesn't allow for refills, limited shade selection

However, I find that using this on top of emollient makeup such us the Bobbi Brown Long Lasting liquid foundation or Creamy concealer still gives a wonderful finish. Not terribly flat, but not disgustingly oily either. It's a good powder and I would repurchase, only I'm hoping for a yellow-er shade. I'm an NC25 with Mac and 3.5 with BB. The sales lady gave me Stay Neutral, which I believe leans more on the pink side and I need something with yellow undertones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Walko

This is a good powder, but I've had just as good results with drugstore products, Revlon colorstay for one. I have it in invisible matte and its a good match for my nw 15-20 skin.I have an oily t-zone and this is quite good at controlling the oilies.But I won't repurchase as I find the Mac blot powder better than this and as they're roughly the same price I'd repurchaes Mac.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

my mom just gave me this for my birthday. she knows I have oily skin. it most DEFINATELY causes a massive amount of oil rebound for me that I havent seen in years!

a lot of times oil control products do cause oil rebound,MORE OIL!!!

I use maybelline dream matte powder for years with NO oil rebound. everyone is different.
the color 01 Buff is pale yay, I am ppp and nc 10 and it didnt add any darkness to my face and is very sheer (no coverage that I could tell)
but it didnt do a thing for oil, coverage,setting. or finish that I could see.

high end powders never work for me. foundation do. but so far only origins silk screen powder was any good (out of business) and I tried even estee lauder matte powder (I did a review) and it was the worst thing I have ever put on my face.

I have to say when looking for oil control no one beats erno laszlo though.
and there is a powder.
he specializes in oil control and movie stars used to wait months for a $10,000 appointment for a reason. check it out cuz he has a whole expansive line for acne and oil control.
anyway on this powder:
no coverage
no special pretty finish
no oil control but CAUSED me a great deal more oil than usual
no break outs or sensitivity though.
01 buff is pale! (looks dark in container) is not pink. is not too yellow.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

pros-
great color selection, even an "invisible" option
does make you stay matte and not oily throughout the day
lasts the entire work day
does what it claims to do

cons-
can stick to dry spots
pricey for something so simple
if you're the least bit dry you will have a "powdery" mask on your face from this product

I purchased this a few days to go over my BB cream. I needed something matte because of my oil and shine throughout the day. I do like this powder and it has no broken me out, but I do think I will try something different after I have used it all up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by sweetheart519

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. I use it over my Even Better Makeup foundation, and it gives me a beautiful finish! It lasts all day too. My favorite powder. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by dee0219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to pressed powder that I wear over a bit of concealer. Because I don't need a lot of coverage, this powder in "stay buff" evens out my skin tone, and prevents the evening shine on my forehead.

However, for $23, I feel like I am paying a lot of money for a very basic, nothing special powder, that does nothing more than a drugstore powder could accomplish. The stay matte pressed powder is not bad by any means -- it does what it is supposed to do -- but it is not worth rave reviews, especially at this price point.

The packaging is very cute, albeit it a bit large, but would't sway me in purchasing or not purchasing again.

I've used this for ~3 months, and with daily use, I have hit pan in the middle, with more product on the outer portion of the circle. When I run out, I will save myself $10 and purchase from a drugstore. That being said, there is no reason I wouldn't recommend someone to at least try this product, and if I felt like spending $23 for a basic powder, I would probably repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Even though you can't tell by the pix and the order of the shades on the website, Stay Sienna is actually the darkest shade, not Stay Brandy. There's a huge difference so if Stay Brandy isn't quite dark enough, head to a local Macys to see the colors in person. For years, I blindly bought Stay Brandy thinking it was the darkest shade. I have emailed Clinique about this in hopes they will update their website.

This powder goes on grayish if u apply too much at once using the sponge it comes with...but as someone with skin that is so oily, words can't describe, this does the best job at keeping my face at least somewhat matte. For reference, I have chocolate color skin with reddish undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jennnn17

this is a really good powder to use as a setting powder, a mattifier, or a light coverage foundation. it keeps my skin matte for about 5-6 hours, which is pretty good. it looks a tiny bit cakey but if you apply it with a light hand and a good powder brush then youll be fine. the packaging is really durable and thin, so its easy to slip into a bag or purse. however, its a little expensive for the little amount of product you get and you end up hitting pan really soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by aliciaeriksson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder is too "hard" for my taste, almost too compact.
It gives the skin an OK finish, nothing special. I can't say the matte effect lasts very long so it's not ideal for oily skin.
I actually haven't got much to say about it, it's pretty average and not worth the money in my opinion (and I'm usually a Clinique-fan).