September 30, 2014 | 996 users online

Brows - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Brow Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this product is good for those with really really thick black brows because of how much product shows on the skin. It is very very opaque and is bound to look extremely dark on the brows. If you have very thick eyebrows and they only need some filling in in certain places this is the product for you because it will be fast and easy to use and will blend right in with the hairs. But if you have thinner brows this will be too much product for them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dark brown hair and black eyebrows, and I purchased this in 25, which is a good color match. There is a learning curve for this pruduct. Using an angled or flat brow brush doesn't work for me. I get best results with my Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush. I squeeze out a tiny dot of product and work it through the brush on the applicator tip. Then I brush it on my brows. I get nice full brows that last all day. Once I learned how to use this, I'm very happy with it and will continue to purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Jayyhoang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in #24 and it barely shows up.maybe i'm not using enough but I find it shear and it doesn't last long at all. I'm so disappointed, I was expecting so much and it doesn't perform as well as I thought... I now use it as a base for my brow powder but even then its not water proof... Will not be buying again due to my oily skin and sparse brows

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by songy67

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I took off one lippie only because this product can be tricky to work with. It is extremely pigmented and if you're not careful your brows can end up looking drawn-on and fake. However, if you use a light hand and a spoolie to soften the look, this is an amazing brow filler. It lasts all day on my oily skin and won't smudge easily unlike a brow powder or pencil. I don't find that it holds my brow hairs in place since I use so little product: my brows are already full and I only fill in minor sparse areas. I think girls/ guys who need more help with the overall shape of their eyebrows will find that this has a slightly waxy property as well.

My hair is almost black and very dark, as are my brows. I own MUFE Aqua Brow in #25 Ash and #35 Taupe. #25 is actually a deep taupe shade with slightly warm undertones while #35 is a cool-toned dark charcoal. Both match my brow color well, though #25 is easier to work with because it's lighter. I use a dual-ended angled brush and spoolie to get a defined, but natural-looking brow.

For $20 the little 6.8ml tube will last you absolutely forever. As I said, it's extremely pigmented! A tiny bit goes a long way. The tiny tip also makes it easy to get the smallest amount of product onto your brush. I will say though that sometimes when I squeeze the tube all I get is a clear liquid at first, which I have to wipe off before I can get to the pigment. I think this is normal and doesn't have any adverse effect. Overall, this is a fantastic brow product - I daresay the only one you'll ever need - and it's much more cost-effective and long-lasting than a pricey brow powder (Anastasia Beverly Hills) or brow pencil (Anasiasia Brow Whiz).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Gantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Lasts all day
-Acts like a gel by holding brows in place
-Gives you the ability to add arch if you have a straight brow shape
-You only need a very tiny amount of product
-Naturally fills in thin brows
-Naturally fills in gaps in brows
-Waterproof

Cons:
-For some this product may be too pricey

Overall:
My eyebrows are thin, sparse and have very little arch to them. I had experimented with powders and brow pencils for the longest time, but could never find a product that I loved. I browsed a lot of products at Sephora before I purchased this. I own Aqua Brow in the shade Ash and the color match is perfect, and never looks off. The primary reason that I went with Make Up For Ever and not another brand is the fact that this product will last longer than other products because you only need to use a small amount. I was worried how natural this brow product would look, because when I tested the color on the back of my hand it definitely looked intimidating. But to my surprise it looked fantastic, and not harsh at all. I first brush my brows, making sure that my hairs aren't going in any crazy directions. I then squeezed a tiny amount on to a brush (I use a cheap flat liner brush), and I simply fill my brows in using small strokes. I fill in any spaces and gaps. If I think that I used to much I just wait for my brows to set and I lightly brush some of the color out using a clean spoolie, but you have to be careful because you can end up smearing your brows with the spoolie. I've also found that if I brush my brow hairs at a slightly upward angle I can fill them in and give them a slight arch. I love that this product holds your brows in place like a gel. I can wear this all day without worrying that my brows will fade or smudge. I do however (if it's warm outside) set my brows with a cheap drug store powder. I plan on repurchasing this product in the future because it looked great and lasted all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by brighteyes22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried powders and pencils, nothing compared to this!!! It's awesome!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by jadyxo

This is the bomb! I have medium Brown hair and use shade 15 and it works perfectly! I've always had trouble with pencils looking to waxy and powders not sticking to my brows. But this product is a Godsend. It's so quick to use and will last forever!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good brow product but I wouldn't repurchase because I prefer powders and pencils. For reference, I have fuller eyebrows.

This product is a 2-in-1, it can shape/fill your brows as well as hold them in place. If you don't want to buy a separate brow gel, this would probably be good for you. I have the color 15 which works well with my dark brown hair; it's not perfect but it's pretty good- it's a cool toned brown which is a BIG plus. My main reason I'm not going to re-purchase is because it's faster for me to use a pencil/powder. This has a gel-like consistency and $20 is a very good price, this will last a very long time (compared to $20/month for the brow wiz) but it does take some extra precision and care to fill your brows with this which I don't always want to deal with.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Matildafitzreed

I love this product. My eyebrows look pretty natural still after it's applied and it stays pretty well throughout most of the day. I apply it with an angled brush and set it with a light brow powder. I have dark brown hair and I bought it in shade 30. The color is still pretty intense but I like that look. It does end up fading a little on the edge after a few hours of wear but I am pretty sweat prone on my forehead.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by applesforcheeks

I was born with thick coarse eye brows but after years of plucking (starting from my middle school days) they are stuck in a wannabe Linda Evangelista skinny brow shape. In an effort to look younger, I started to wear my brows in a thicker, natural shape without an arch.

Taupe #35 is a perfect match for me with my dark almost black Asian hair and pale NC20 skin. The shade is a cool greyish dark brown with no red/copper undertones. Taupe #35 is buildable from sheer soft brows to super stark/fierce brows. I gave MUFE Aqua Brow four lippies because it's not HG status for me. The formula cannot withstand the oiliness from my forehead or brow hairs and seems to fade at the end of the day.

NOTE: Buy this from a reputable retailer- not from a random seller on eBay! The closest MUFE freestanding store is a hour and a half away from me so I opted to purchase from eBay since it was more convenient for me and the local Sephoras don't offer the whole Aqua Brow line. Bad decision. The Aqua Brow that I purchased was old and the oil had separated from the gel/cream.