September 1, 2014 | 2158 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Agnes B. - Apricot Complexion Enhancer / L'Embellisseur Abricot

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2005 6:54:00 PM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is very rich. Do not use it if your skin is oily, or if you break out easily. I liked the color - they call it apricot, so naturally, it will be a shade of orange. It did tone down my ruddiness. Use a very little -- don't slather it on like night cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2005 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Vivaglam76

Um, I am so confused. Isnt apricot usually an exfoliant. I had thrown away the packaging with my free sample, and since it was kind of gritty, assumed it was a cleanser. I knew something was wrong when my face stung. My mistake, yes. But why did my face sting after washing it off???

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2004 3:49:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't love this stuff, but I do kind of like it. I am very light-skinned with warm/yellow undertones. I had been looking for something to warm my skin up a little bit in the winter other than my bronzer all the time. Sometimes I don't want that tanned look, but I'd like to look less pale. I got a small .5 oz. tube of it free with a CCB-Paris order, so I thought I'd give it a try. This isn't perfect for me, but fits the bill fairly well for what I had been looking for. I used just a very small amount dotted on my face, blended it in, & put my usual foundation over it. It does warm up my skin a little bit & make me look a little bit more alive without the browned look of a bronzer. You do need to use a really light hand with this or even mix it with another moisturizer if your skin of very dry. If you use this heavily you will look orange & ridiculous. This isn't foundation. As the name says, it's only a Complexion Enhancer. The main negative for me is that I have combination skin. This product is okay for me in the winter when my skin is dryer, but once the warmer weather comes I'm sure I won't be able to use this as it would be too heavy & make me oily. I do wish they made an oil-free version of this. I don't know if I'd buy this again. As I said, I have a 1/2 oz. tube of it, & I only use it very lightly & in the winter. I'm betting I wouldn't run out of this very quickly at all. It would also depend if I found something similar that was oil-free. IMO this item is pretty nice, but it's possible that I will find something to replace it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2004 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Schwanengesang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a free sample.
Now, I'm a PPP with pink undertones. I have very light, almost transparent skin. I thought that this would help me achieve a less scary, ghastly white look with a touch of color. But nothing too fake.

First I washed my face and toned it. Then i added my usual non tinted moisturizer. Then I opened up the package and smelled it. I expected an apricot smell, but it's more like... product. It's not a horrid smell, it just doesn't smell like apricots. I put some on my fingers and the texture felt like any normal moisturizer. I put it on one side of my face to compare with the other, just so i could see if it actually did anything.

I had expected nothing to happen, however, something did. But it wasn't something pleasant... the one side of my face was a horrid orange color. You know when you see people on the bus or in the super market with foundation on that doesn't match their skin tone... and it's not all rubbed in, either, and you can see that this color is just bad by the color of their neck not matching their face... and their face is a horrid color of beige and orange? Yeah, that's how I looked.

Would I ever buy this product? No! Is it worth your $18.00 (US)? No!

This seems like it might (?) work on a darker complexion. But i cant see it working on someone with carmel or brown skin. It would look just as weird as it did on me.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2004 2:55:00 PM More reviews by gracielet

I think I like it. Tried the sample in catalog on my PPP skin (on cheeks only, on top of foundation) - but only a teeny bit - passed a mirror and did a double take. I looked glowey and alive! Not exactly like a tan, but sort of?? What a shock! It makes me a little nervous that I actually look weird and just don't realize it so I bought it but haven't used it much. Am going to try it under my new Laura Mercier foundation. I think it will be super for summer and my upcoming winter trip to Hawaii!
If you have any interest in this, see if you can get it free in a CCB promo - they often let you pick a free product when you buy others (I recommend their liquid eyeliner, and also Cosmence "velvet touch" moisturizer if you have combo or dry skin.)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2004 12:55:00 PM More reviews by clamaciel

OK so here is my opinion: I have light olive skin and using the product alone is indeed very orange, however I found the perfect way to use this: mix a little bit of this product with your moisturizer (to soften the color a little) and it makes my skin look WONDERFUL! Glowy, even-toned and soft! It's a keeper!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2004 10:19:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

bwahahaha.....r u serious!! this is the most ridiculous product.....its supposed to enhance my face?? no..it turned it orange!!! waste of money........it glided pretty nicely on my face though....has an ok scent.....its like taking an orange paint and putting it JUST on my FACE....imagine this in photographs!!! boo this

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2004 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Tibbar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great if you have an orange complexion! What a terrible product - the color is hideous, the consistency gooey & the scent is awful, too. Yuck.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2004 7:36:00 PM More reviews by jmarie0315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used a sample on my very pale, oily skin. Not good. A bit dark and orange on me as well as too greasy. Probably quite nice for someone else, but not me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2004 7:25:00 PM More reviews by junglequeenjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm going to have to disagree with a lot of the reviews below...I'm an NC20, and this absolutely made my skin look glowy, fresh, and alive. The only thing I don't like is that it leaves my skin a little sticky. The smell is light enough that it doesn't make me break out (my skin hates anything scented). I really think that this product only looks good on a few skin tones.