April 19, 2014 | 1432 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - You Snap the Whip Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is very buttery with grains in it for exfoliating. The initial scent is nice, but after a while it smells weird and chemically. I don't know maybe it's just my nose. It's good for exfoliation. I take the bar in the shower and scrub. I like the fact that I can really concentrate where to scrub because this is in a bar form. I could probably get over the smell and keep using it. But the real downer of this product is the fact that it doesn't last at all. One use and it's half gone. I can see purchasing this for one or two occasions if you want to treat yourself, but it could get pricey as a staple.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by linseyp

Cost way to much for how quickly you go thru it. Every stroke on the skin melts off far too much product. Also this stuff claims to be super scrubby and it's not. There's a little scrub to it but it's very mild, wimpy even. It leaves a black/greyish residue on my skin that is really hard to wash off. When I smelled it in the store, it smelled musky and wonderful, but once I used it a gross fruity smell arose. I don't like fruity smells so that's the fianl nail in the coffin for this one. If you want a GREAT body butter try The Soft Touch (love it!) - it still gets used pretty fast but I love the smell and how soft it makes my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by MissKiyKiy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I've officially become a Lush Addict. You Snap the Whip Body Butter is probably my favorite product of all. It comes in a Black Square that starts to melt when you touch it. The body butter tin is essential. Made with powdered and bergamot and blackberry currant oils, this exfoliant is fantastical! When I got this bar, I was definately hesitant because of it's color, but the smell - oh my the smell!!! blackberry currant is so lovely, I can't help but to smell myself!! I started reading reviews from other users. They found that it didn't last long and had issue with the black sticking to the tub. So. I decided to cut my bar up into small pieces or cubes. I take a little cube, away from the water, and rub the bit on my arms, legs and bum. If I have any left over I rub over my other bits. Then I rinse. I have extremely dry skin and I don't I don't really need to put on lotion after using. (TIP: Instead of drying off with a towel, airdry so your skin absorbs the oils. The black doesn't stick to my tub, and I would suspect that the color won't stick to a clean tub but probably will still to bath scum - if this is an issue, try cleaning after use with Ajax. I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to my bath, and I always clean after every use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by xoxotoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was under the impression that this was an all-over scrub when i bought it. after using it on my feet for weeks, i checked the Lush Times and then figured out it was only a facial scrub. but now reading all the reviews, i guess it's ok to use all over your body?!

well, it works great on my feet, but it REALLY works amazing on my face. i tend to break out on my chin, those deep owie cysts from hormones or dairy or whatever. well, i've been using the stuff on my face for a week now and omgwtfbbq. it's fantastic stuff. i have oily, sensitive skin with large pores, and this YSTW body butter is THEE $*!%!! i've had very great results with this.

i leave it on for a minute or so after gently rubbing it around for awhile, getting the scrubbies to exfoliate. the charcoal in it will help draw out toxins, the lush lady told me. it's very cooling as well. it feels sort of cold on your skin.

it gives everything i touch a nice black wash, my sink, the faucet, the wall...but it rinses easily enough and does not stain, so that's ok.

it cleans my pores out so well that they're shrunk and my skin looks glowy and nice like it should. i don't wear half as much foundation because i don't need to. my skin looks great. it helped clear up my blemishes and scrubs away the little dry patches around them, too. it seems counter-intuitive to use a butter on oily facial skin, but i have heard people can break out from having dried out skin. maybe this was my problem.

i do not use it everyday, because i don't feel you have to exfoliate deeply everyday. i use it twice to three times a week and that seems to be enough for me.

and before i realized you use it on your face (not to mention the fact that it's $13), i had been using it on my feet every single night! and i LOVED it on my feet!! lol it made them so soft and moisturized!

while i would not use it all over my body (the price!! gah!!), i am extremely pleased with the results of using it on my face. i would suggest it to anyone who has sensitive skin prone to acne and would love to brighten up a dull complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by TheAscension

At first, I really hated this smell. To me, it smells like rubber and a vague fruity ish scent. It gives me a headache. When I tried this in the shower, the burnt rubber smell disappeared, and there was just this creamy, yummy fruit scent. The best thing is that it really does exfoliate, and how. It's not uncomfortable, but it works wonders. Everything feels so smooth and soft. The best part is that it layers wonderfully with lemslip buttercream, and I can't stop smelling my arms.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 4:07:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really don't see how people can say that this isn't scrubby enough! I felt like it took off my skin! (in a good way, I love a good scrub). However I'm thinking that there is a variation in the product between what is produced in the US, UK and Aussie. (mine was produced in Aus). I much prefer this over aqua miribilis (sp). The grains are much finer and give you a better scrub, plus the scent is a lot better - aqua smells like peanut butter (bleh). I cut mine in half and got about four uses out of the first half (just make sure you use it out of the stream of the shower otherwise it melts really fast). One irk I have with this is the mess it leaves stuck to the bottom of the bath.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I feel like YSTW could have had a better time of it if it were just made into a soap or a buttercream. The scent is lovely and fruity, and I think people would buy it just for that. Yes, it leaves messy purple water on your tub, but I don't mind that so much. I just use it in the bath rather than the shower.

But I felt a bit cheated that something which was billed as such a hardcore scrub has only tiny bit of scrub to show for itself. It was not up to the task of smoothing my flaky, gross feet, which is the main area I want any body scrub for. I also don't find YSTW to be that moisturizing, so it fails on the two main points of buying a body butter. Back to the drawing board.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this at the advice of the sales assistant as I was looking for something to scrub off the dead skin on my legs. I used it in the shower with the water pointing away as I used it.
I scrubbed using circular motions, rather gently as the pumice is a bit harsh. It did get rid of the dead skin... but dried out my legs like crazy. Works pretty well on feet, which I'd probably recommend it more for.
Bit disappointed that I only got about three uses out of it before it was all gone. It costs NZ$17.90 for 95g, which isn't exactly cheap for something with so little use in it. I think I'll stick to brown sugar and coffee grounds. It's not terrible, but I don't think it's fantastic at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by CocoMinx

This product goes perfectly with the comforter bubble bar and perfume if you love to layer scents. tropical berry flavour with fabulous little gritty pieces of charcoal which provide a gentle yet thorough scrub (moreso than ocean salt, but not as tough as aqua mirabilis or the sugar scrubs).
your body may look like you've been down the tar pits at first but just make sure its all rinsed off thoroughly =D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by tinathecookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love love love this! Yes it is a bit pricey for the amount of uses you get out of it (I only got 2 uses) but if you want a good scrub down with plenty of lather and awesome scrubbing power it's amazing! It's a lot like Aqua Mirabilis, but I like this one just that little bit better as Aqua can be a tad too harsh. The smell on this rivals aqua. I know a lot of people have been talking about how it is messy, and it definitely is (especially in a bath) but it can be washed away easily. I find this better than Buffy for sure!