November 25, 2014 | 1863 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - You Snap the Whip Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by belleringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ive literally just jumped out of the shower to review YSTW. it is honestly one of my fave lush products out!! gave a good scrub and didnt rip the skin from my bones off and is absolutely moisturised smooth and nomnomnom ^.^ i used it on my whole body after popping out of the shower ,air drying for a couple seconds and let rip. this is by far my favourite lush scent ever!! i wish theyd make it into a soap or gel or smoothie or something else more daily usable!! (the closest being sweetie pie). i paid $20NZ and it definitely is steep in price (esp since i used half of it in one hit! yikes!!) but i would buy it again in the future as one of those little treats in life... and attempt to learn how to use not so much of the flippn' thing :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by wws1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

ETA: My skin broke out terribly recently and while I'm not convinced it was this product that did it, I don't think it helped.

I've been using this product for two weeks as a facial cleanser and I love it! I have oily, acne-prone skin and decided to try this to remove my makeup on a whim. The combination of charcoal and pumice not only took off every trace of makeup but also left my skin smooth, glowy, and soft. I was worried that the nut oil and cocoa butter would clog my pores, but so far, so good! I was actually going through a breakout phase when I started using this and haven't broken out since. Maybe it's the charcoal?

I usually wet my skin, then rub the bar over my face. Then I use my fingers to gently scrub my skin in circles and rinse off. I'm left with perfectly smooth, clear skin.

I don't go for fruity scents and am not enamored by this one. It smells like sheesha/hookah tobacco to me...BUT my boyfriend loves it and for the results I'm getting, I'll overlook the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by myfacewithin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product. I know that people's main complaints were the [1] it leaves your tub black and [2] it melts too quickly. I read about these issues before I bought it, so I honestly walked into LUSH planning on NOT buying it. Then I smelled it. It's different than other scents at LUSH. It's a berry, vanilla, sweet scent. I was expecting a strong, licorice type scent, probably based on its color, but I was so wrong. This is one of my favorite scents of all time.

Before I used it, I made sure to come up with solutions to possible complaints. First, I usually smooth this over my legs after I shave for a non-greasy, moisturizing base for either lotion during the day, or a massage bar at night. The way I do this is to lift my leg out of the water, let it dry for a second or two, pick up the DRY bar with a DRY hand, and quickly rub it over my leg. You don't have to spend forever rubbing this on your legs, just swipe it over and you'll be good.

I tried doing what some others did and simply cutting off a piece, but I hated it. The small chunk was too hard to hold, and once I realized that it will last quite a while if you don't pick it up with a wet hand, I just ended up using the whole thing.

In regards to the issue of it turning your tub black, I figured out a solution to that, too. Since I use it in the tub after a bath, I simply rinse off my legs in the bath water, then let the tub drain while I put on lotion or use a massage bar. After it drains, you will see little black granules in your tub. I turn on the shower as hot as it will go, let it run for a minute or two, and the black is all gone.

All in all, I will definitely buy this product again. I love the scent, I love how it just rinses out of my tub, I love how moisturizing it is for my skin, and I can also make it last for quite a while. I've used it about 8 times, and it's only about 60% (or less) gone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

While I think this product smells amazing - and it does a great job of moisturizing...it is so so so messy! It turned my entire shower black and clogged up the drain. I'm gonna have to pass on this one for re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is very buttery with grains in it for exfoliating. The initial scent is nice, but after a while it smells weird and chemically. I don't know maybe it's just my nose. It's good for exfoliation. I take the bar in the shower and scrub. I like the fact that I can really concentrate where to scrub because this is in a bar form. I could probably get over the smell and keep using it. But the real downer of this product is the fact that it doesn't last at all. One use and it's half gone. I can see purchasing this for one or two occasions if you want to treat yourself, but it could get pricey as a staple.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by linseyp

Cost way to much for how quickly you go thru it. Every stroke on the skin melts off far too much product. Also this stuff claims to be super scrubby and it's not. There's a little scrub to it but it's very mild, wimpy even. It leaves a black/greyish residue on my skin that is really hard to wash off. When I smelled it in the store, it smelled musky and wonderful, but once I used it a gross fruity smell arose. I don't like fruity smells so that's the fianl nail in the coffin for this one. If you want a GREAT body butter try The Soft Touch (love it!) - it still gets used pretty fast but I love the smell and how soft it makes my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by MissKiyKiy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I've officially become a Lush Addict. You Snap the Whip Body Butter is probably my favorite product of all. It comes in a Black Square that starts to melt when you touch it. The body butter tin is essential. Made with powdered and bergamot and blackberry currant oils, this exfoliant is fantastical! When I got this bar, I was definately hesitant because of it's color, but the smell - oh my the smell!!! blackberry currant is so lovely, I can't help but to smell myself!! I started reading reviews from other users. They found that it didn't last long and had issue with the black sticking to the tub. So. I decided to cut my bar up into small pieces or cubes. I take a little cube, away from the water, and rub the bit on my arms, legs and bum. If I have any left over I rub over my other bits. Then I rinse. I have extremely dry skin and I don't I don't really need to put on lotion after using. (TIP: Instead of drying off with a towel, airdry so your skin absorbs the oils. The black doesn't stick to my tub, and I would suspect that the color won't stick to a clean tub but probably will still to bath scum - if this is an issue, try cleaning after use with Ajax. I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to my bath, and I always clean after every use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by xoxotoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was under the impression that this was an all-over scrub when i bought it. after using it on my feet for weeks, i checked the Lush Times and then figured out it was only a facial scrub. but now reading all the reviews, i guess it's ok to use all over your body?!

well, it works great on my feet, but it REALLY works amazing on my face. i tend to break out on my chin, those deep owie cysts from hormones or dairy or whatever. well, i've been using the stuff on my face for a week now and omgwtfbbq. it's fantastic stuff. i have oily, sensitive skin with large pores, and this YSTW body butter is THEE $*!%!! i've had very great results with this.

i leave it on for a minute or so after gently rubbing it around for awhile, getting the scrubbies to exfoliate. the charcoal in it will help draw out toxins, the lush lady told me. it's very cooling as well. it feels sort of cold on your skin.

it gives everything i touch a nice black wash, my sink, the faucet, the wall...but it rinses easily enough and does not stain, so that's ok.

it cleans my pores out so well that they're shrunk and my skin looks glowy and nice like it should. i don't wear half as much foundation because i don't need to. my skin looks great. it helped clear up my blemishes and scrubs away the little dry patches around them, too. it seems counter-intuitive to use a butter on oily facial skin, but i have heard people can break out from having dried out skin. maybe this was my problem.

i do not use it everyday, because i don't feel you have to exfoliate deeply everyday. i use it twice to three times a week and that seems to be enough for me.

and before i realized you use it on your face (not to mention the fact that it's $13), i had been using it on my feet every single night! and i LOVED it on my feet!! lol it made them so soft and moisturized!

while i would not use it all over my body (the price!! gah!!), i am extremely pleased with the results of using it on my face. i would suggest it to anyone who has sensitive skin prone to acne and would love to brighten up a dull complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by TheAscension

At first, I really hated this smell. To me, it smells like rubber and a vague fruity ish scent. It gives me a headache. When I tried this in the shower, the burnt rubber smell disappeared, and there was just this creamy, yummy fruit scent. The best thing is that it really does exfoliate, and how. It's not uncomfortable, but it works wonders. Everything feels so smooth and soft. The best part is that it layers wonderfully with lemslip buttercream, and I can't stop smelling my arms.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 4:07:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really don't see how people can say that this isn't scrubby enough! I felt like it took off my skin! (in a good way, I love a good scrub). However I'm thinking that there is a variation in the product between what is produced in the US, UK and Aussie. (mine was produced in Aus). I much prefer this over aqua miribilis (sp). The grains are much finer and give you a better scrub, plus the scent is a lot better - aqua smells like peanut butter (bleh). I cut mine in half and got about four uses out of the first half (just make sure you use it out of the stream of the shower otherwise it melts really fast). One irk I have with this is the mess it leaves stuck to the bottom of the bath.