August 1, 2014 | 1280 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by CupcakePetal123

I am in LOVE with these little guys. They make my skin look softer, smoother, evener (If that's a word lol), and they even give me a hint of sparkle. However, the little pearls always fall out when I swish my brush around in the container. They fall to the ground and burst and leave me with a big mess to clean. These Meteorites are also VERY expensive. I like the product on my face, but I don't like the packaging, the durability of the pearls, and the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by anarchotics

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

First, let's get the elephant out of the room... This is called Les Meteorites 'balls powder'. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Okay, and on to the real review! I bought this on an airplane to Hong Kong because my flight was delayed and the airline gave me 85USD to spend in the in-flight mall as compensation. I was flipping through the magazine and trying to decide between a set of 9(!) Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks which was 50USD or this powder which was about 80USD. Well, I went with the Guerlain and well, I'm not disappointed, but I'm not mindblown either. It is, in all aspects, a BEAUTIFUL, beautiful powder. Mine has green, pink, purple, beige and white balls (cough) in it. Maybe I should say 'pearls' instead ._. ANYWAY. It does have some shimmer, but it's not like, POW DISCO BALL glitter, it's shimmer, more like Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector shimmer. I use this on my good skin days, over some concealer. It is more of a setting powder and I expect the different colors to cancel out my fugly skin tone (although I don't know how it's supposed to do that when you mix all the colours together).

Anyway, I love this because it makes my skin looks really radiant and soft focus. Although, for the price, I must say it's really not that worth it.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i remember when i was a teenager walking thru department stores, these little balls ALWAYS intrigued me, and i would long for the day i had enough money to buy them! when i got older, i did some searching online, and was excited to purchase them after reading all the great reviews. and im kinda dissapointed!!!

the product itself is alright - it adds quite a lot of shimmer to your face. im not sure if i love that look... i rather get a nice glow from a good foundation rather than shimmery glitter from these balls. but it's still very pretty if you like that look.

my biggest complaint is the PACKAGING. o god, the packaging. a cardboard box? really?? for that amount of money?? the top can be VERY hard to open, sometimes it gets stuck and you really have to YANK it out, resulting in lots of glittery powder flying thru the air and landing on your shirt which hopefully, is not black. one time, i yanked really hard and it was seriously stuck... and the container fell apart on me. so now i have these pretty little balls in a ziplock bag. i just expected a better container for something that was so expensive and so hyped up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was lucky enough to receive these in a swap cuz I honestly could not dish out $59 for a high lighter. These are very pretty and have a lovely scent to them. I use these as a cheek highlighter as I don't really like to use all over my face, they give a nice sheen highlight, not amazing when compared to other highlighters especially with the price tag that comes with these but I will continue to use until I run out, def a lovely product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by mekwow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am not a frequent reviewer but this product is so expensive I thought I would help girls who are trying to decide whether or not to buy it. I am a South Asian NC 40 gal in her early 20s. I bought the Guerlain Meteorites in #3 Teinte Dore. After having used it for about five months, I've decided that I would NOT recommend this to girls NC40 and darker (and this is the "darkest" shade, usually recommended for olive/tan/dark skintones). It's hard to tell, but after months of debating whether or not this made my skin look a little dirty, I realized it did. It's just not dark enough for my skin color. I've found I look better without it than with it-- and that's not good. Otherwise, it's a lovely product, does last a long, long time, gorgeous packaging, is a little too heavily-scented for my taste, and the subtle illuminating sparkles, while gorgeous in person (when standing up close), ended up reflecting too much light in photographs. Not sure what I'll do with this in the future- maybe use it as an illuminating powder on my collarbones. If that.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by nekroze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It took me a long time to appreciate this product but I finally did.Before laying your $$$ on this you should know what you are looking for and what these colorful little balls will give you.I got this and expected to get a soft glowy highlighter effect.Well,It is pretty different from my vision so I threw it away for some time but for the last weeks I am using it religiously and it already became one of the essential steps of my make up,whether it is light or full.
I have Mythic(old name), and Perles Imperiales.
Step by step ,my thoughts about the legend:

1)Colors:Meteorites may look like they give no color but it is not totally true.They are hard to swatch but on face,the tint make a slight difference which is perfect if you choose the right color.The wrong color,however, may turn your well matched foundation into something not so perfectly matched.Mythic gives a neutral tint,while Perles Imperiales is pink.Both works well on my NC15 skin.Perles Imperiales uplights my dull complexion a little better but on a foundation that pulls pink I prefer Mythic.I wish I had a warm toned Meteorites to compare either but a third jar is not something I will buy in a near future.

2)Coverage:I saw some comments about coverage.This has zero coverage people.It is not subtle or something.The coverage factor just does not exist.

3)Shimmer:Well,I hate all over shimmer which is mainly the reason I don't use my Nars and Laura Mercier shimmery setting powders.The sparkle Guerlain gives is really subtle and tiny.It gets visible under strong artificial lights but no one will see a piece of chunky shimmer when they look at your face.

4) Effect: Radiant and slightly correcting.This will not work as a cheek/browbone etc highlighter.When applied all over your face,you see a really soft difference but once you realize that something doesn't have to be strongly visible in order to work,you can't live without that.Yes,radiance.Soft,healthy and invisible as if it is the effect that you skin(or foundation) has.So try it on your face if you has the chance to.Finger or arm swatch doesn't cut it.

5)Texture is what you would expect from Guerlain,it is totally smooth.It does a good job on my cheek pores,doesn't emphasize dry patches.
6)Powder duties:I have comb to oily skin and I wouldn't say that it works great as a setting powder but I don't always feel like using a real setting agent,especially on powdery foundations and prefer getting away with only Meteorites.On normal to dry skins,it will probably be working well as a setting powder.

7)Smell:The classic fragranced Guerlain stuff.I am rarely sensitive to smells but I can see this might be a deal breaker for some.

8)Price: Even though this looks really expensive,I don't quite agree since you get 30 grams of product which is simply gigantic.It really is a good invesment for your stash of course is you like it and not going to throw it away like I did once.

9)Packacing:Minus points.The ones I have came with the cardboard packacing.I adore the black sequin pattern of Perles Imperiales but still both look cheap and impractical.The cardboard is not well glued on the edges and I can see that at some point,I will have to move these balls into an another container and it is not entertaining me.The cardboard works for UD,Too faced,The balm but not for Guerlain.You can at least expect a sifter or a more puff that has a ribbon on it etc. but sadly,they are not there.

Application:Igenerally use Mac-187 for all over app,and some smaller brush for highlight areas If I want more radiance.The puff isn't terrible either.
One thing important that you probably should take the product with your brush from the balls,not from the lid if you want to control the shimmer level better.
My rating is actually 4.5/5
Will I buy it again? Definetely! I also really want the pressed version of this,but since it is so pricey,I will be counting on my not-so-travel-friendly jars until a future that doesn't look very close!

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!!!!!! I have it in Teint Rose and I'm in between NC 25 and NC 30 in complexion. First off, for everyone thinking that this is a highlighter, this product is NOT in the least a highlighter! This is a beautiful finishing powder that you cannot see at all. At first when you apply it, it looks very blah (not chalky at all), and you're like okkkaayyy, this is like every other finishing powder. But give it like 20 minutes and holy cow! It imparts this amazingly beautiful glow to your face that I can't even explain! All I know is that I've never seen anything like it before! You can't see the powder anywhere on your face, yet it brightens your face and makes it look so angelic. I'm constantly looking at myself in the mirror and I do notice that I get a lot of compliments when I'm wearing this. These tiny little balls are just magical! I usually apply this all over my face with my Diorskin Nude foundation and don't usually use any other powders. Once in a while I'll use some Dior shimmering powder if I want to highlight my cheeks and forehead. Or if I want a little more coverage, I throw on some Diorskin Nude Scupting powder, but since that powder is thick and definitely looks very powdery, I don't prefer to use that often and everyday. I would never pay $60 for a powder, but this stuff is a Godsend!!!! I would get it over and over again! I have a feeling that these tiny balls will last a while though. Oh yeah and no breakouts guys! And believe me when I say that I have the MOST sensitive, acne-prone skin ever to exist---I even breakout with the wrong detergent/drier sheets! One thing to add is that this doesn't provide any coverage whatsoever, hence why you can't see it on your skin as "powder." It's simply a finishing powder that makes you look like you have the prettiest skin in the room. I also notice that any other powder will make my skin matte at first and then oily as the day progresses (esp. the t-zone), but the meteorites NEVER make my face look greasy as the day progresses, not even my t-zone! I'm so so so impressed with this wondrous product, and everyone can stand to benefit with this IMO.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

This product is sooo overpriced and overrated. The meteorite balls are so annoying and keep falling out of the container and on the floor everytime I rub my powder brush on them. There are also too few color choices--I tried both the darker one and the brighter coral combination--and I felt like I was always in between colors. It's also pretty pricey, and in general I found the powder to be fairly mediocre.

Not impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by debussy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought the tiny set of three in paper "jars" a couple of years ago on Ebay. Came with a pink brush. Tried them -- saw very little difference. Put them away for a while and tried them again recently. Unless I layer them, I see very little effet. I'm quite fair-skinned with green eyes, so I'd expect to see some impact. Not.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by ECPienaar

I have recently just bought my 3rd set of meteorite pearls. The first I gave away as It didnt really give me that radience but since then I have bought the ltd christmas ones that come in lovely tins rather than the old card cases you see in the picture. I wear them pretty much everyday and I think they are a lovely way to set your make up while giving you a glow (but I think that the christmas ones are more illuminating that the everyday ones)