July 25, 2014 | 1911 users online

Highlighters - The Body Shop - Shimmer Waves in Blush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really nice highlighter, if I use the brush on the darker side a bit more heavily I get a really nice subtle pinky glow on my cheeks, it definitely shows up as shimmery and illuminated in photos rather than making me just look shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by silverlilly

Beautiful highlighter. HG for me. This gives a beautiful, ethereal glow without looking like you've highlighted (so ok for daytime, work etc). The product is very hard, so the strips don't blend together in the pan, and you can pick up targeted pigment - either from the darker strips or the lighter strips. Best highlighter!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 6:59:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this! It took me a while to figure out how to apply this since it is extremely shiny and shimmery. It's quite easy to overdo and you need a light hand when applying. But once I got it right I got the most wonderful glow on my cheekbones, perfect for going out. I also use this is a brightening eyeshadow for daytime. Really opens up my eyes and gives me a healthy look. Not too glittery but just the right amount of shimmer and glow. Good lasting power as well. Will buy more shades of these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

I love this product!
For shimmer waves bronze, i used each invidivual wave, but for this, i get a large brush, wet it slightly, and use it over my cheeks. It's awesome as a highlighter - although i find it too light for my skin as eyeshadow.

BUT ITS AWESOME. I've used it quite a few times, and it seems to never want to run out =D

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by franklyscarlet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this sooooo much,its really pretty and will last forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by marmark

I've been searching for a highlighter for years...this one is the BEST! I apply it after i've applied shimmerwaves bronzer and voila! Perfect glowy skin...the best highligher I've ever used. Definetly a staple!
Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Miss_January

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For those who claimed that this product was LE, that was only the Peach Shimmer Waves. This one is still available on The Body Shop website for $19.50 and it is listed as 0.3 oz Shimmer Waves 9921 02 Blush. It says Blush on one part of my packaging and rose somewhere else, so don't get confused! It's the same thing!

This is my HG of highlighters. I use this every single day. I don't feel right not putting it on. It goes with any pink or coral blush I have. For those who also claimed that it doesn't have enough color payoff, I thought that too, but what you need is a flat top blush brush, like the one by mark. I have a review on it and it is the best blush brush I have ever used. It picks up the color the way it's supposed to, I swear. This product makes my skin look very ethereal. I put it on my cheekbones above my blush, on my nose, and i use it in conjunction with my eyeshadows. I have had this for way too long.. almost 3 years and it's still all pressed together. The powder is starting to crystallize on the right side so I need to get a new one. It's not shiny, it's just.. glowy. I love it.

My only complaint is the packaging. Like one of the other reviewers, the hinge broke on one side and then came off the other, but thisproduct is so good I could care less. I like how it is silvery and not too golden or pink. It doesn't exaggerate flaws (like blackheads), but practically conceals them. It doesn't have flecks of shimmer in it either! Favorite makeup product of all time! Thank you Body Shop!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 4:03:00 PM More reviews by almost40

Love this! It looks great when Im wearing bronzer and just want to add a pink glow to the apples of my cheeks.Used it a lot and it still looks brand new :o)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2007 6:59:00 AM More reviews by purple_mist

love this product!!!
didn't use this for awhile, bec. i thought it was really useless!! it didn't show on my skin and i ended up using too much! looked horrible on my photographs, looked too greasy and shiny instead of healthy and glowy. after some time, i learned the art of applying it. use a big fluffy brush to diffuse the particles. do not use too much. can be quite hard to know what is too much because the color doesn't show. but now, i love it! subtle, not glittery!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2007 2:58:00 AM More reviews by frdz4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you are planning to use it as a blush, don't bother. It really IS meant only for highlighting. The darker pink tones on the pallet may look dark, but it is hardly noticeable when applied. I pretty much only use the white part to highlight my eyes. Also, if you have oily skin, this might actually just make you look more oily than to have the glowing affect. In my opinion, I think I can find better highlighters out there.
Staying power= pretty good
Quality= very densely compressed powder; it's going to be a long while before use it up