MAC Lustreglass - Spring Bean

4.3

on 4/11/2010 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It's green, which is super fun. As everyone has explained it doesn't come out green, it just neutralizes the red in your lips. So it makes my mauvey brown lips look a teensy bit more brown. Lustreglass is way smoother feeling than lipglass and I like the brush applicator, so that's a plus. But it just didn't wow me overall. I wear it occasionally when I'm just doing easy-breezy makeup and I'll pull it out on St. Patrick's day :), but won't repurchase.

on 3/18/2010 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i love this gloss alone and especially over some of my brighter pink and red l/s. as stated before - the green in this is mostly just the shimmer - and it works like a dream to mellow out brighter shades.

i wish there was a bit more product in the tube - but whatcha gonna do? :)
love love love. will def. repurchase.

This lip gloss is so cool! Of course I had to get it because it's green! It is kind of a yellowy green with shimmer colour in the tube. It has a brush applicator which I love. Lustreglasses are a good texture and consistency for me. Alone this is just clear with shimmer but over a red toned lipstick it looks like a caramel-y color, very pretty.

on 2/24/2010 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A very cool product...I would normally never try this because I am not a fan of green in general, but a MUA encouraged me to try this over Viva Glam Gaga in order to make it more wearable on my warm-toned skin...and it worked! The sparkle in it is beautiful, and not so pronounced that you couldn't wear it to work, for example. This is the ultimate loud-lipstick tamer - I have a feeling I have discovered a new makeup bag staple.

on 2/23/2010 12:49:00 AM

I'll probably be buying 10 more of these and hope they last forever. Honestly, they don't do that much for my lips because I'm not a huge fan of overly-glossed lips. Since I don't over-gloss, all it gets is a bit of green sparkles, almost impossible to tell. It warms up my lips slightly and that's it. Thing is? Green is my favourite colour, and the very IDEA of a lime green lip gloss is enough to win me over. LOVE IT.

I have loved this forever. Like many others have said before me, it looks amazing on pigmented lips. Very caramel-like...or otherwise known as pure awesomeness on me!

I will say though that my mom has tried to use this too, but her lips aren't as pigmented as mine and the color does absolutely nothing for her. I mean she gets a little sparkle but that's about it.

on 2/17/2010 9:24:00 PM

LOVE! Its so fun to put on since the tube is green, but on my medium pigmented lips, its a caramel color with green shimmer. Sring Bean is also super glossy. I go through tubes of MAC glosses super fast though, and they are kind of expensive. I would buy this again for sure though

on 2/3/2010 8:49:00 PM

I really wanted to like this, since I'm into blue/lavender/purple/green lip colors. However, this was just too sheer for my liking. I thought the pigmentation might be like Comet Blue dazzleglass, which shows up on my lips - no problem. However, Spring Bean is just a clear gloss with *some* green sparkle. I still give it 2 stars since it's really sparkly, but I could find sparkly glosses else where and for much cheaper. Pigmentation leaves a lot to be desired. I wished it would have *at least* shown up on my lips like the photo above, but it doesn't.

on 12/17/2009 11:43:00 PM

One might fear the bright green tube at the Mac counter,(or the sales persons with outlandish makeup designs), but don't- it is a wonderful product. It is quite neutral for looking so bright. It leaves my darker pigmented lips soft with a nice peachy, slightly glittery hue. It is superwearable. Even as an every day gloss. Mac has yet to make a product I am not the least bit satisfied with. Don't be afraid of the green tube of lustreglass

on 10/3/2009 1:47:00 PM

It looks fricken awesome in the tube, I love the green. On my medium pigmented lips, its caramel colour with green shimmer. This shxt is super glossy. I use this over MAC Creme Cup & it turns it a glossy nudeish colour. Wish the tube was bigger since I use a lot of this

Popular Lip Glosses