NARS Cream Blush in Penny Lane [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Talc, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Tricaprylin, Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides, Cera Alba (Beeswax), PEG 150 Distearate, Lanolin, Laureth 4, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75740), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Orange 5 (CI 45370), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 7/3/2012 5:09:00 AM

Love love love this cream blush! I dont tend to buy in to cream blushes but this cream to powder formula is honestly a dream! Blends very easily and creates a lovely glowy rosy sheen. Perfect for the summer months when I'm wearing lighter make up, I'm around a NC20 and it looks amazing on the apple of the cheeks with some contouring.

It is very light and pale but definitely well worth it for a natural Summer rosy glow. Couldnt recommend it enough!

on 6/24/2012 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I used this for a big daytime event, and in the photographs, it looks like ashy, dull pink dirt on my face! I'm a NW15-10 for reference, and I'm really disappointed in this blush. I kept trying to build up the colour for more colour, but no dice. The texture is thick and pigmented, it's just that this colour only works if I'm doing a more dramatic look on the eyes. I think I'll stick to MAC Something Special, for a pretty flush instead! You will not get close to rosy cheeks with this product!

on 4/18/2012 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Penny Lane is so pretty for a natural flush. It is a quite sheer pinkish-nude. Blends very easily with both brush or fingers. I don't know how it would work on darker skin tones but looks great on my NW15/NW20 fair skin. As with most Nars blushes, I would repurchase!

on 4/12/2012 3:21:00 AM

i'm nw10, cool tone, acne prone, dry -combi, redish -cheeks

i really wanna love this blush but.. the texture its too thick unlike the multiples.. and it has golden sheen which is make my cheek looks yellow, not pink..

but this blush will give a great blushing-cheeks for who having a pale yellow or neutral undertone

on 4/1/2012 5:43:00 AM

This is prefect for a no-makeup look on fair skin. I'm about NC-15, MUFE MatteVelvet #20 and this was pretty on me. It's not as highly pigmented as other Nars blushes, but if that's the look you're going for, this is a good choice. I used my fingers to apply and it blended smoothly. It's a really nice alternative to pinks for those who already have some natural flush to their cheeks.

on 3/30/2012 2:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Be still my heart! I was looking for a cream blush that I could wear when I do the "no-makeup" look. After receiving some advice from a Youtuber, I tried this blush out. It is exactly what I was looking for. I have fair, cool-toned, combination skin and this shade gives me a perfect flush. It goes on as a cream blush but dries to a smooth, powdery finish. It looks very natural. This is my new favourite of all the blushes and I will re-purchase it every time I run out!

on 3/26/2012 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Beautiful colour, great consistency! At first I had no idea how to use it, I tried to apply it over powered cheeks, but then I watched a Lisa Eldridge tutorial on cream blush and realized it went straight over foundation or moisturized skin, and wow, what a difference! Probably the most natural looking blush I've ever achieved. I have oily skin and find this great for summer! Great staying power and no cakey feel

on 3/22/2012 12:37:00 PM

This cream blush is beautiful! I was hesitant to buy because I wasn't sure which brush I could use to apply a cream blush and I didn't want to use my fingers. I found the best brush at Target - Sonia Kashuk Flat Top Multipurpose brush (http://soniakashuk.com/sk-MTA_prod.php?sk=141). It is fabulous for applying this and any cream blushes. If you are fair to medium skin tone, you will love this blush for a dewy, natural flush.
UPDATE: I think this has been discontinued (June 2013) - it is nowhere to be found on the NARS or Sephora websites. Can still be found at beauty.com SHOCKED!

on 3/9/2012 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am fair cool toned blonde with some redness in my cheeks and this is such a beautiful natural looking flushed color on me. Unfortunately this broke me out in little clogged pores and a few new blackheads. Probably because talc is the first ingredient? I don't know it maybe something else in there that is causing acne but I won't be using this again.

on 1/17/2012 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm NW20 and this blush doesn't show up on me, which is a shame because I fell in love with it when I swatched it at the store. *sigh* After applying, you can detect the peachy-pink undertones but that's about it. I like subtle blushes (since I have redness, so most highly pigmented, bright blushes make me look clownish), but not SO SUBTLE that you can't see it at all.

Popular Blush Products