April 17, 2014 | 1433 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Gentle Cover Concealer Stick (Yellow)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by silentyrs

This product blends well with my Italian, olive skin tone. I use it to take the redness out of pimples and to cover up my dark under eye circles. The texture is not a problem for me because I have oily skin. It's my go-to concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by albinonymph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

this probuct did the jod of covering my dark circles very well. Odviously the yellow colour is not ment to be apply on its own but as yellow is the coplimentary of purple it cancles out purples and blues. never rub the pruduct on eyes directly or any pruct for that matter. before you aply any foudation put a bit on your finger tips and gently dab on dark circles then completely cover with foundation ( i use one slightly lighter that my skin tone for best results. ITS ALSO NON-ANIMAL TESTED

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by thupham2

I use this over my foundation; I don't use it before foundation because this product has a rather dry, unnatural and cakey finish. That's why I prefer to go in small amounts and build up slowly so that if it begins to get too thick I know when to stop. If I did this before putting on foundation, the additional foundation will make it worst. Plus, as a rule, you're meant to apply concealers after foundation anyway.

This yellow concealer is bright & true to colour (not orange-yellow, not brown-yellow etc...), it is great for neutralising my sallow purple dark circles. However, my eye area is delicate & this concealer is thick & heavy...you know what comes next: blending becomes a REALLY annoying issue! What makes it worse is that this concealer is DRY (yep, even though it's cream formula, it is dry) so I need to blend EVEN MORE than normal concealers.

Plus, it creases in my lines & is not long-lasting despite being a thick formula. I would not like to think of myself walking down the street looking fresh and wide awake one minute then fatigued the next. The staying powder is ok to below average
I believe the one good thing about this concealer is the fact that it is yellow & DOES hide the dark circles, albeit in a drying, unnatural way...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by kaaaching

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

using the yellow one under my eyes was kinda drying for me but compared to normal eyes its more dry out the coverage medium but it didnt last all day and it kinda creases
green- i love putting this on my larger areas like my cheeks and my forhead then blending it out with my foundation it really conceals it i tend to bush alot its one of my inscurities this really helps id buy the green concealer again but not the yellow one

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by michyg

I've been looking for a yellow correcting concealer for a while and just picked this one up because I was in a drug store and it wasn't very expensive, plus I usually like Physician Formula makeup. First the good, the colour worked really well for my skin tone (I have medium-light skin with neutral undertones). I can definately see a difference when I don't were this under my normal concealer. I had to stop using it though because it was soooo drying. My eyes burned from being so dry from using this product. I tried moisturizing but that didn't work. I would suggest only using this if you have very oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by bubblewrap831

This is the first concealer that I have used that is specified for under eye use. I think it does an okay job covering my dark under eye area. I like the matte finish, and it does make me look more awake. Also I got this on sale, so it was a pretty good price. The big thing I don't really like is that it is a stick concealer, which I know it doesn't bother a lot of people, but I kind of find that whatever is on my face before I apply it can get stuck in the product. But I like the convenience of the tube. However, it is difficult to blend because it is chalky-seeming; I felt like I had to rub the product in pretty well before it started to look natural. I think that this product would look much better if foundation was put on top. But sometimes I want light coverage, so I just use it alone, which is fine, but I have to blend it a lot. Overall, it needs to be worked in to look natural, but it does brighten the eye a bit even if coverage is minimal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by BlueSkiesAbove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ive tried different concealers over the years but overall I am very satisfied with this one. It is the only physicians formula product that I use.

It comes in a tube, packaged like lipstick. I find that it makes it very easy to use.

The color is just right to hide my circles, and i find that the creamy and matte texture blends well with the other products that i use in my routine.

The color is best applied by dotting it on the skin, instead of drawing it on or smearing it on. After dotting it on you can pat it into the skin so that it has an even appearance. If you try and smudge it on it will drag on your skin. So for those who say they didn't like the formula, perhaps they weren't applying it in the right way.

If some say that it left their skin yellow perhaps its because they didn't completely blend it, maybe they caked it on like a paste, and maybe they thought that they wouldn't have to cover it with a foundation. Like any concealer, especially color correcting ones, they have to be covered up with foundation. The color correcting concealer corrects the color underneath your foundation. It does not act as a plain, flesh toned concealer that you can just paste on. It has to be fully blended, then covered so that when your foundation goes on you have an even, overall appearance.

Overall, I would re-purchase this product because it is the only one that I have used that is not irritating, not cakey, not oily, and it works! leaves my skin baby soft and prepared for eyeshadow application after my foundation is applied. A great product and a great price too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by vmaria

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I like this as a base for concealer. It covers my hereditary undereye shadows pretty well, and is a creamy formula. The trick is to use the edge, since it's hard to apply precisely, or your finger, then gently rub or blend it in. Then a light touch of concealer hides the yellow. And the price doesn't hurt my pockets like the good-for-nothing BeneFit Erase Paste.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by lifeislife

This concealer covers my undereye circles pretty well, but application is a bit harsh since the skin gets rubbed. I like that it blends in with my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

the only good thing about this product is the color. The texture is hard and pasty, making application a nightmare for undereyes... maybe someone could make it work on the face -- but even there I found it to be uneven and splotchy. Whatever waxes are used in the formulation of this product make it extremely difficult to apply and for it to do any good as far as disguising imperfections.. and after all that is what concealers are for.