LUSH Ultra Bland

3.9

Almond Oil , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Beeswax (Cera alba), Honey, Fresh Iris Extract (Iris florentina), Glycerine, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 12/13/2014 12:46:00 PM

Absolutely wonderful cleanser. So beautiful to use. I was worried it would be quite mild and I like a deep cleanse but I wasn't disappointed at all. The texture is really rich and creamy and it glides on to the skin. It removes all patches of make up (I sometimes use it twice when wearing really heavy make up). The scent isn't over powering and it leaves skin feeling refreshed, cleansed and moisturised.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Absolute HG product! I use this every single night as a make up remover, and it has completely changed my routine. I used to be really lazy about leaving make up on (ick I know) but now I look forward to my little ritual before bed! I was recommended by a drag queen who swore by it to take off the thickest of stage make up in a flash, and she was completely right. I can go from stage make up to my normal face in under 10 minutes without my face suffering. I sometimes use another product to buff off the Ultrabland for extra cleansing, I rub Dead Sea Soap over a damp muslin cloth and it works really well. I truly adore Ultrabland, fantastic value for money and a showgirl's best friend!

on 11/12/2014 10:17:00 PM

What an interesting product!
It comes in a pot. In order to use it, you must wet your face, grab a tiny amount, rub everywhere, wet a face cloth and remove the product using the cloth.
Honestly, when I first used it, I was disgusting. The amount of dirt that was in the sink after I rinsed out my cloth was nasty, and I was not wearing any makeup. A few days after, I went out with friends and put on makeup. At night, I used this product, paying close attention to the eye area where I had make up on. It took EVERYTHING off without the use of make up remover. It doesn't dry out your skin, in fact the honey in it helps moisturze and get rid of acne (honey is an anti-bacterial). An amazing product.
What I do not like about it is how it something feels like it's still on my skin. I make sure I get every nook and cranny of my face, but, especially on my eyes, it feels like I did not take it off.
I used this product once a week. It's good, but would I use it every day? No. Only on days I wear make up, or skin is sensitive from environmental factors.
If you wear make up often, have acne, have dry skin or a combination of the three, I would reccomend it.

on 9/19/2014 1:06:00 AM

I bought this in the big tub since I was experiencing a bit of dry skin (fall weather, ugh!). I normally reach for my fresh farmacy but I use ultrabland to remove my make up. I take a little (as a little goes a long way with lush products) and rub it into my face. I use a cotton hand towel soaked in hot water, wring it out and then wipe my face. Perfectly cleansed skin that doesn't feel tight or dry!

on 9/18/2014 11:36:00 PM

This product is amazing. I use it twice a day, and it's made the texture of my skin silky smooth. I can't say it's helped much with breakouts, but it's definitely my favorite cream cleanser. Great if you have dry skin, as the beeswax is super hydrating! Will definitely be repurchasing

on 9/10/2014 8:35:00 PM

I started using this while I was pregnant with my son. I couldn't use my usual benzoyl peroxide cleaners and my skin was going crazy. This worked to keep my skin clearer than any other cleanser I tried, and it doesn't have any ingredients that should be avoided in pregnancy. I'm still using it today (over a year later). Every now and then I try a different cleanser and I always end up regretting it and going back to Ultrabland. It's gentle yet effective, and it removes every trace of makeup. I don't have many HG products, but this is one for me.

on 8/30/2014 6:48:00 AM

I got this as I heard it was a great cleanser for all skin types, but I find it a bit too rich for my oily/combination skin. It removes makeup quite effectively, but that's all I use it for (and I don't wear make up that often). I have to follow it up with Fresh Farmacy to remove some of the shine it gives me.

on 8/4/2014 12:22:00 AM

I actually liked this product a lot more than I thought I would. I normally hate cleansers that you wipe off because I never feel they get me clean enough. Not this. I feel it wiped away every bit of dirt, grime and makeup left on my skin. It didn't really break me out either, and made my skin so soft. It left such a mess on my towels though. lol. But other than that, it is worth trying. Don't be daunted by the price. I've used Chanel cleansers which are twice the price of this and don't do nearly as good a job.

on 7/30/2014 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I really love LUSH.. but this cleanser is so thick, greasy, and difficult to remove. It leaves a film of beeswax on your skin and has to be removed with a washcloth or cotton pad. You have to really scrub to get it off--really inconvenient. I also tried to use it as an eye make up remover and the beeswax went in my eye. The worst part is I had an eye doctor's appointment and my vision was blurrier than usual due to the beeswax. I tried it because I saw raves about it on youtube.

on 7/29/2014 2:00:00 AM

After I had some sort of allergic reaction to something which I still don't know, my skin went crazily dry on my face. I did have combo skin with an oily t-zone, but with the reaction, my t-zone was the most dry, flaky, red and irritated it's ever been! I had been using Coalface which I found really good but was somewhat drying, and after the reaction I could not use it. My skin wasn't soaking up anything either and I needed something lighter and more moisturising. Was recommended this by the Lush lady, and the reviews all said it was good for dry, sensitive skin. I didn't notice a great improvement at first and it is a lot different to use having to remove it with a face cloth. My face has since cleared up from whatever it was that made it so dry and is back to normal, but back to better then before normal. It is so soft now and I can only attribute it to Ultrabland because it's the only thing I have changed. I have NO blemishes now, my skin is not oily or dry in any place, just normal even skin all over. It removes all my make-up so I don't have to pre-cleanse with coconut oil. It is just fantastic, smells nice, feels nice on the face. I don't have any film left on my face like some other users have stated, it all seems to come off when I rinse with the face cloth. The ONLY gripe I have is that it is so expensive for such a small amount of product and you have to use a good amount each time as it is so thick. I will get the larger size when I run out and will continue to use it however, it is worth it.