LUSH Ultra Bland

3.9

Almond Oil , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Beeswax (Cera alba), Honey, Fresh Iris Extract (Iris florentina), Glycerine, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 2/20/2015 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was very skeptical when I first tried this product about a month ago. However, my hormonal acne was at an all time high and I was completely desperate to simplify my routine and clear up my skin. Despite being on several topical acne medications my skin looked worse than it ever had. When I tried this on my hand in the Lush store I was still skeptical and worried that the waxy texture would actually worsen my acne. When the associate told me I could bring it back for any reason I was sold. I figured I had nothing to lose at that point and at $16 for the small jar it's not nearly as expensive as some other cleansers I've tried. Fast forward to now and this product has literally changed my life! My skin has almost completely cleared up and I've actually been getting compliments on how great my skin looks. I love everything about it -- the smell, the texture, the way my skin feels soft and moisturized after using it. I think it does a great job of removing makeup and mascara (although after reading other reviews I think I'm in the minority with this one) and I like using a muslin cloth to remove it after washing. In hindsight, I realize I was bombarding my poor skin with WAY too many products and that I was probably worsening my acne with all the cleansers, serums, creams, and masks I was using. I also didn't realize how dehydrated my skin was due to the prescription acne medications I use but I can tell a huge difference now that I'm using a cleanser that moisturizes as it cleans. I have been able to simplify my routine drastically and I'm saving a lot of money in the process so I'm happy!

on 1/20/2015 10:22:00 AM

my friend bought this for me after i tried at her house and really liked it. when i first bought it it felt very oily and was worried it would make my skin worse. after the first time my skin felt super super soft but still dry oily. after using this for a bout a month i cant say its cleared up or helped control my acne prone skin. i use this with a makeup removing wipe and is very quick to take off makeup easily. i probably haven't been using this properly but haven't been too impressed so far! i would happily carry on using this if it was bought for me again but wouldn't buy it myself. much prefer a cleanser with a deeper clean-this one does not feel like your face is thoroughly cleaned after you've taken it off! would definitely recommend for dry skin, but if you are looking for a deeper cleanser for acne, this isn't brilliant!

on 1/18/2015 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I purchased this product back in November 2014, and have been using it on and off since. However, I've been using it more over the last 2 weeks and it's amazing. After washing my face and toning I put this on, using it like a moisturiser (I was initially afraid to do this because it does say to wash or wipe it off) and it's working wonders for my skin!

My skin is now more youthful, hydrated, supple, plump and radiant. There is NO WAY I'm going to stop using this. We'll see how it works when summer comes along, but I can imagine I will still use it just in smaller quantities. Excellent product by Lush.

on 1/16/2015 1:31:00 PM

I actually liked ultrabland a LOT more than I assumed I would, I only picked it up because I had a gift card and one of my friends with the most perfect skin known to mankind swears by it. I have combination skin with awful hormonal cystic acne, and it's so easy to use if you use it right. This is NOT a melting cleanser so it won't emulsify with water, you need to wipe it off with a hot damp muslin cloth! The slight film it leaves on my skin is nicely moisturising so I don't have to add that extra step in the morning and moisturise- SCORE!

I'm a complete product junkie so when I initially started using this product I was determined to complete the Ultrabland challenge, but I broke around 3/4 days in because I don't like the way it removes my eye makeup. I have products that do the job better and quicker. I'm currently using the Garnier Micellar water to get rid of most of my makeup then using Ultrabland afterwards to ensure I've removed everything, but in the mornings I just use ultrabland alone. I'm also occasionally throwing in a clay mask every now and again.

My acne has calmed down significantly and my face doesn't feel as dehydrated and it looks plumper and more youthful. I am really enjoying this product, but I probably won't buy it again immediately when I run out simply because I want to try other cleansing balms and see what works best for my skin.

on 1/11/2015 10:11:00 AM

Okay, a lot of reviews are complaining about the "film" that's left on your skin after washing it off. If you are having this problem, you're not following the directions! The first time I used it I wet my face first, applied the product, and then rinsed it and I hated it, I could totally feel the beeswax residue on my face. But then I followed the directions and applied it to my dry face, took a warm wet cloth and wiped down my face and there wasn't a film. I honestly adore this product. Doesn't try me out, but still has natural antibacterials in it to combat the occasional break out. The one thing I don't think it's good for is removing eye mascara. So I usually go over my lashes prior to use with caudalies cleansing water. And then again after use. Ultra bland is great. It leaves you soft and clean and completely make up free!

on 1/3/2015 11:12:00 PM

This is a huge HG for me! I seriously love this stuff. I have very dry/ acne prone skin and this stuff does wonders for my skin. I use it once or twice a week, or when my face is really dry. It makes my face SO soft and hasn't once broke me out, not to mention it takes off makeup like you wouldn't believe. The only down side is that it makes my face feel a little greasy (i have oily skin too) but it doesn't stop me from using it. I use it most during winter because thats when my face is most dry. Buy far my favourite Lush product!

This is my HG! Ultrabland removes make up like a dream and is a part of my nightly routine.
There's no need to wet your face first. Rub a small amount on your face and really work it into your skin. Don't be afraid to use it on your eyes. It does a great job removing eye make up. I then use a damp cloth to remove it.

Easy, right? My skin feels smooth, soft, and very clean.

It is a very gentle cleanser. LUSH's website states that it is great for all skin types. I am normal/dry. It may be a bit too heavy for very oily skin. Just a word of caution.

The price is great. A large pot is $29.95. I've had my pot for 6 months now, and I'm only half way through it. So it may seem pricey at first, but it does last you a long time.

on 12/13/2014 12:46:00 PM

Absolutely wonderful cleanser. So beautiful to use. I was worried it would be quite mild and I like a deep cleanse but I wasn't disappointed at all. The texture is really rich and creamy and it glides on to the skin. It removes all patches of make up (I sometimes use it twice when wearing really heavy make up). The scent isn't over powering and it leaves skin feeling refreshed, cleansed and moisturised. Takes quite a bit of time to ensure it's all removed properly, but definitely worth the effort in my opinion.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Absolute HG product! I use this every single night as a make up remover, and it has completely changed my routine. I used to be really lazy about leaving make up on (ick I know) but now I look forward to my little ritual before bed! I was recommended by a drag queen who swore by it to take off the thickest of stage make up in a flash, and she was completely right. I can go from stage make up to my normal face in under 10 minutes without my face suffering. I sometimes use another product to buff off the Ultrabland for extra cleansing, I rub Dead Sea Soap over a damp muslin cloth and it works really well. I truly adore Ultrabland, fantastic value for money and a showgirl's best friend!

on 11/12/2014 10:17:00 PM

What an interesting product!
It comes in a pot. In order to use it, you must wet your face, grab a tiny amount, rub everywhere, wet a face cloth and remove the product using the cloth.
Honestly, when I first used it, I was disgusting. The amount of dirt that was in the sink after I rinsed out my cloth was nasty, and I was not wearing any makeup. A few days after, I went out with friends and put on makeup. At night, I used this product, paying close attention to the eye area where I had make up on. It took EVERYTHING off without the use of make up remover. It doesn't dry out your skin, in fact the honey in it helps moisturze and get rid of acne (honey is an anti-bacterial). An amazing product.
What I do not like about it is how it something feels like it's still on my skin. I make sure I get every nook and cranny of my face, but, especially on my eyes, it feels like I did not take it off.
I used this product once a week. It's good, but would I use it every day? No. Only on days I wear make up, or skin is sensitive from environmental factors.
If you wear make up often, have acne, have dry skin or a combination of the three, I would reccomend it.