October 21, 2014 | 1470 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Chili

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by aliceayres

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite red EVER. Perfect for my NC25-NC30 skin tone. I line with Brick. Easily my favorite lip look. Universally flattering shade. Just watch out- it is matte, so make sure your lips are exfoliated before and after.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by jocexdarlingg

i love this color because it makes me look like the old glamour hollywood Marilyn Monroe. the color itself is on the darker hue of red but it gives off this bad girl vibe when i put it on and its not too dramatic that it can be worn anywhere. i never really felt comfortable wearing the brighter reds since i always feel so pale underneath it but this color is perfect with my yellow tinted skin! Great for evenings out and just days out and about !

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by sabgarcia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to make this color work on me, but it just didn't go well with my skin tone. I still use it sometimes by rubbing lots of Vaseline over my lips and then applying the lipstick really lightly for a subtle red color, but using it as a dramatic red color doesn't work on me. Will be looking for a different go-to red lipstick...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I unexpectedly liked this lipstick. It's a burnt orange -red color, and it's a very wearable orange lippie for darker skinned ladies. I usually pair this with an orange- brown lipliner like Rimmel's 046 liner. Looks great in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I got this product when I went to MAC to look for an orangey lipstick. I was trying out Lady Danger and a couple of others but - even though I'm relatively brave with lip colours - those kind of drained my brown Indian skin and I knew I would have to wear a whole lot of make-up to make myself look alive.

The SA suggested Chili and it was a great suggestion. It's definitely quite a unique warm orange. I may wear it with a little brown mixed up to make it look more wearable. I would have liked it a bit more matte though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

An absolutely beautiful daytime brick or paprika red. I am a huge fan of red lipsticks, but have the misfortune to find that many reds pull pink or even fuchsia on me. Chili, I am happy to report, does not! It's also a respectable red for daytime, a very vintage everyday sort of lipstick colour. This lipstick has a matte finish and is packaged like all MAC lipsticks.

As with many matte lipsticks, this is drying. It is not a longwear and does rub off when eating or drinking. I wore it with a nude liner so I can't remark much about feathering on its own. I will definitely purchase again! I love this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by kristen20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Where has this lipstick been all my life?! I am very warm-toned, but quite pale (NC15) and this compliments me perfectly! I also have very dark hair, with an auburn undertone which the lipstick also compliments. This was truly an unexpected find. I walked into MAC with my B2M items, not really expecting to find anything since I already own all the high-drama reds. If you put Chili next to Russian Red, or Ruby Woo, it looks very dull, brownish, and not the kind of red you would expect to fall in love with. But after I applied it to my lips, I was shocked at how amazing it looked! It's a very sophisticated red, surprisingly quite difficult to dupe from other brands. It is a unique mix of red, orange, and brown which will compliment any warm-toned person beautifully. I also love the matte finish, it is creamy enough that it is easy to apply, yet it maintains that lovely retro look. I love pairing this lipstick with an ivory-colored lace blouse, and Blacktrack eyeliner. Truly a stunning color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by LipstickLove1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I think of this colour, I think all things autumn or a warm, spicy 'paprika' shade. I get a lot of compliments when I wear this colour, especially when it pair it with Auburn lipliner and use a bronzer and MAC's Gold Deposit to add an extra golden glow to my skintone! If you're warmer and want an elegant red, this is definitely a colour for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by NS10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a nice matte red lipstick with an orange undertone at the MAC counter, I thought Lady Danger would be the perfect option, however when I swatched it on my hand it was way too orange...barely any red visible infact, so then I swatched Chili and it was exactly what I had hoped Lady Danger would be, but maybe even better! It's matte, creamy, and definitely not drying in the slightest. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by RoxyRainey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I stumbled across Mac Chilli, before I discovered Make up ally, I would just go to the Mac counter look at colours and just experiment, I picked this colour up randomly, and I was pleasantly surprised, at this point I didnít realise there was different finishes, frost, matt ect so I genuinely was in the dark, but this lipstick is amazing, not dry, lasts ages and is a great shade its like a burnt chilli colour, great on a night out and great in the day too, makes your teeth look very white, I have loads of Mac lipsticks now and I have to be honest this and Ravishing have to be my favourite so far.
I ordered Rubywoo a few weeks back and considering itís the same Matt finish as Chilli its not as easy to apply as Chilli, Chilli seems to be more moisturising where as Rubywoo makes my lips rather dry, I have Siss on order so Iím hoping that becomes another of my favourites 
Least favourite so far is Girl About Town far too bright for me, so anyone considering Chilli I would highly recommend you wont be disappointed