MAC Matte - Chili

4.6

This is in my top three lipsticks - I love Chili. I read that Rachel Zoe wears this color as well, so I decided to give it a shot. My Macy's counter didn't carry it, but Nordstrom did. It's the most amazing medium warm brown red. It's a color that reminds me of spices - vibrant and earthy. I love the matte texture as well, and prefer my reds to be matte, because the product doesn't travel as much and end up all over my face. Chili wears really well when I pair it with a liner (MAC Red Enriched is my go-to) and doesn't exaggerate drier lips, like some mattes can. NC20s, this is your red!

such a lovely lipstick! Was going to purchase lady danger but got swayed by this one and pleased that I did. I have very pale skin and red hair and this looks perfect, a sort of orangey deep red. Not too drying either for a matte formula.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this when autumn came because I wanted something different to red but with the same effect. I was so pleased I came across chili. It's a really dark red with browny undertones, it looks red in photos but in person you can see the deepness of it more.
It's a really sexy colour and looks great with natural eyes or smoky eyes as I find bright red can sometimes look too much with a smoky eye but for some reason this works well with it.
I instantly feel good when I apply this no matter what my mood.

This is a really really gorgeous red. It's a bit dark so it is much easier to pull off on a daily basis than a loud bright red. This looks exactly like the red that Kate Winslet wears in Titanic and it is GORGEOUS. It is a matte and it is actually not drying at all, very wearable. Great red =)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I searched this randomly and FELL IN LOVE! why have I never heard of this color. I love reds and have been looking for a casual, workable orange red. Usually all orange reds can be so clownish and bright. This was such a surprise. It really is like paprika. And for being a MATTE , its not drying!. I'm nc45 dark black hair and its perfect.

Chili is a perfect orange-red for yellow undertones, not so much olive undertones. I have olive skin...and its a bit too orange. HOWEVER, if you apply the MAC lipglass in Shock-O-Late over it -- it will neutralize and tone down the orange to make it perfect for my skin. Brown is a neutral color and red-browns look good on everyone.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For me Chilli is a classic. It's new to me but I've worn it lots already. It's becoming an everyday lippy. Perfect if you want a red with no blue undertones. If you are looking for scarlet, post box london bus red then you will probably be dissatisfied with this this Chilli lipstick. But if you want an orangey red lipstick then I would recommend it. It's warm, not too flashy and harsh. Instead it is warm and soft. I'm an NC30-35 honey (benefit) with yellow undertones. :)
x

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a freckled redhead with brown eyes and warm ivory skintones (NW15). I'm also obsessed with red lipsticks. This is a very wearable red for day, and great for warm skintones. I don't see this color working well for cooler-toned ladies. It is a paprika-red: a muted, brownish brick red with *lots* of orange. It is a nice matte finish, and has great staying power, like all MAC lipsticks. I agree with whoever called this an "autumn red." I love this color and will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It's a little too orange for me on its own, but let me say I think this would be THE orange for me if I liked wearing a bright orange. Don't go thinking it's too garish. When Chili is paired with Auburn l/l it's a total 1940's red on me, which I never thought would be as wearable as it is. This combo is great for summer, especially with the whole nautical look. I also pair it with Cork to take it down a notch and make it an everyday red.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My favorite red EVER. Perfect for my NC25-NC30 skin tone. I line with Brick. Easily my favorite lip look. Universally flattering shade. Just watch out- it is matte, so make sure your lips are exfoliated before and after.

Recommended for Medium Skin