Alba Botanica Sugar Cane Body Polish

4.4

Not tested on animals

Certified organic helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil, certified organic saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) juice, silica, aleurites moluccana (kukui nut) and macadamia ternifolia oils, honey, tocopherol (vitamin E), and botanical fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this stuff. The smell is fantastic and I really do like what it does for my skin. I see that some of the reviewers complained that it wasn't "scrubby" enough. Keep in mind that this isn't principally a physical exfoliator. It is the sugar cane extract that does alot of the work and the effect tends to be cumulative. During the summer, I found myself reaching for this every day and really loving it. It's also very moderately priced, which is a big plus.

I guess I shouldn't expect tons of exfoliation since it's a body polish, not a scrub, but I don't think it did anything to polish my skin. I wanted to use it to buff up my legs but I don't think it did anything. As for the smell, it's nice and the oily residue didn't bother me either. I just wish the sugar didn't dissolve so quickly and scrubbed more.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It smells nice and scrubs okay but it leaves this gross, greasy film behind. It feels like sugary Vaseline. I'm sure I'll have better luck making my own sugar scrub. This is just not worth it.

Ingredients: Certified organic helianthus annus (sunflower oil), certified organic saccharum officianarum (sugar cane) juice, silica, aleurites moluccana (kukui nut) and macadamia ternifolia oils, honey, tocopherol (vitamin E) and botanical fragrance.

All the Alba products were onsale at the local hippie co-op so I decided to give this a shot. I really like the smell and how it lathers up kinda milky when you scrub it on. I really like scrubs with minimal or no oils, but haven't found any yet. This one is a good product until I come across my HG. There is some oil, but it's okay and really nice for elbows and feet and feels dreamy before and after shaving.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

DO NOT KEEP THIS IN YOUR TUB AREA. THIS WENT ROTTEN ON ME. I had only had this for like a month or so and I was in the tub prepped to use it. When I did it smelled like rotten milk. It has no preservatives in in and I think the hot steamy bath tub made it go rotten. I am not sure I really care, as I didn't like it much anyways. There are way better scrubs on the market. This was kinda like rubbing mucous with sugar in it all over your body.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ok - I admit it - I'm a SCRUB FREAK ! Yup - a total and complete scrub junkie! But, it isn't all that easy to find good ones. I don't like scrubs with artificial smelling or cloyingly sweet fragrances. I also hate to have to stir a scrub or body polish before using it, but the problem is that most scrubs that DON'T require stirring are glycerin as opposed to butter based. And then Alba Botanica came out with Sugar Cane Body Polish and made me one happy camper! I ADORE this stuff. The exfoliation comes from a combination of silica particles and sugar cane extract (which is very high in AHAs). It feels lovely, smells even better than it feels, and doesn't make a total mess in the shower! The effects last and it is gentle enough to use every day. It gets an unequivocal RAVE !!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After reading all the glowing reviews on this product, I went out and bought a tub at my local organic store. When opened, the generous sized tub revealed small sugar crystals suspended in botanical oils. There wasn't a thick layer of oil on the top like some other salt/sugar oil scrubs I've tried. The scent is very warm; like vanilla and brown sugar. And that's where the good part ends. The scrub did a mediocre job of exfoliating, and left a sticky, oily residue behind on my skin, even after washing it off twice. I felt like I was sticking to my clothes: not pleasant. I won't be repurchasing. At least it was fairly inexpensive!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I said to myself I would try this scrub next after the Hawaiian Sea Salt Body Scrub. The sugar grains are too small and fine and I feel like they are not doing anything, unlike the salt grains which are big and coarse - the results afterwards between sugar and salt are like night and day. This sugar scrub also leaves behind some kind of oily film, which I don't really care for. Both products cost about the same. This sugar scrub, which has a nice smell to it, will do for now, but once it's all finished I am going to go back to using the salt scrub.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this. When I first discovered it a few months ago, I used it almost every day, just because it felt/smelled so nice. Since I wanted to stop going through a tub a week (at ten bucks a pop - not bad but not dirt cheap) I switched to using it just for occasions when I want to look/feel realllllly fabulous. Then I slather this all over as my last step in the shower, rinse off, and then....gorgeous, smooth - feeling and smooth - looking soft skin with no oily residue. I've had so many compliments from guys (most of whom, as we know, don't know anything about cosmetical things) on my skin (which has never been my strong point, by the way, hence my OBSESSION with all things skincare). Even gay guys (I do theatre...I'm around a fair few of them) want to touch my legs and are in awe of the smoothness this stuff brings on. As am I - this is one of those products that I can't believe I ever lived without.

This is an awesome body scrub. It's not too harsh and not too gentle. The scent is super yummy, who doesn't like the smell of sugar?! I paid $10 for it at Whole Body which I feel is cheap, considering I feel it is a high quality product. I will definitely be repurchasing this scrub.