July 29, 2014 | 2001 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Megan6205

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It works so well for me! I have been using it over time and it really does help!! The only reason some people say it burns is because they are putting it on an open breakout or something. Just don't put it on open cuts and it doesn't hurt at all

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I have come to the conclusion that this product is built on false advertising. In the commercials, they show this to be the miracle zit zapper. In reality, this can only work minimally on those that have already tamed their acne with other products. Perhaps you can find use in this product if you have the once-in-a-lifetime pimple. Otherwise, stay away!

I felt like I was just applying this product into thin air. I got no results whatsoever. I eventually just became too lazy to even bother with this treatment. And I had it lying around my bathroom for a year until I decided to trash it.

Overall, I will not repurchase this. I do not recommend this. I would be surprised to see any difference after using this product in anyone that has used other acne systems.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I remember trying this product and similar salicylic acid products as a teen to treat hormonal acne. It was futile, cystic and deep acne did not respond at all.

Now that I'm older, blackheads and clogged pores on my nose, forehead, and chin are my primary issue. I was hesitant to try this kind of product again, but in this case, this product works. It significantly reduced in size and quantity the amount of blackheads and whiteheads I had, along with preventing or reducing the pimples that can sometimes occur with removing hair on the face.

I wash my face with a salicylic acid cleanser, let it dry, then apply the Clean & Clear treatment in a thin layer all over the areas in which I tend to break out. It took about 3 weeks of consistent treatment, but after 3 weeks, the pimples were gone. The blackheads were not as deep or as common, and any whiteheads I got healed very quickly. It can cause dry spots around healing pimples, but otherwise it does not cause my skin to dry out.

I am able to wear this under a moisturizer with sunscreen as well as makeup, and I have no issues. It actually seems to prevent the clogged pores that I typically get from most moisturizers and sunscreens.

I still have the occasional breakout around the time I ovulate, I'll get a really inflamed cystic pimple, and while this medicine does not prevent them, it does help them come to a head and heal.

After several months of consistent treatment (daily or sometimes twice daily application post cleansing), my skin is looking the best it's looked in my adult life. It's mostly clear, old scars are fading, and I am pleased. If you are older, and your primary skin issues are related to those tiny blackheads, whiteheads, clogged pores, and ingrown hairs, this treatment might work for you. Certainly worth trying in my opinion.

Note - I have very freckled skin, and it does seem to fade my freckles. I LIKE my freckles, so this is a complaint I have about this product. One more thing, each .75 fl.oz tube only lasts me about 3 weeks, so the cost can add up.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Piano34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for getting rid of pimples BUT it burns like hell and always leaves the part where i applied it red... now i have sploches of red all over my face :/

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A bit of history about my skin:
I have hormonal acne, not necessarily around my period but just in those areas like chin and around the mouth that would indicate it is hormonal. I never had skin issues throughout my teens until just before I was 18, when it really started to get bad. I'd probably describe it as severe. I was smoking at the time and I believed it to be the cause, so I quit. Still to this day, I'm not sure what role smoking had in the condition of my skin because I continued to break out pretty badly. I'm 19 now and it has slowed down a lot, but I am still getting that 'hormonal' acne around my chin which has been relentless ever since this whole ordeal started.

Anyway, nowadays, like I said, I'm only getting mild to moderate acne around my chin/mouth area, and spot treatment is an absolute essential for me.
This product is consistently average. It is not by any means a miracle worker, nor is it a bad product.
I find that this doesn't really do anything to prevent future breakouts - that's a comment on salicylic acid in general - but obviously preventing acne from occurring in the first place is basically impossible. But it does help current ones.
I find that it won't really help any hardcore/cystic spots, but everything besides that it does a pretty good job. For anything like little red bumps to smaller spots, this is basically all you will need imo.

I like that the gel is clear, and it also dries relatively fast, which means I can leave it on overnight.
The tube and packaging is pretty standard and user friendly, no complaints there, and it is a very affordable product that lasts a surprisingly long time.

I gave this a rating of 3 just because like I said, it's quite average and I haven't found that is has made any significant change in my skin for the better, but I would repurchase because it is still good, reliable and inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by emilyxchristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for five days now. I recently suffered a major breakout of pimples around my nose area, forehead, chin, and around my hairline. This product has improved the breakout majorly. I apply a small amount on a pimple and a gracious amount on problem areas, and I'm seeing improvement the next morning. It dries quickly, and doesn't irritate my skin. The breakout is almost gone now, and after trying everything, even oatmeal, this treatment was the most effective in clearing my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I really like this, which is surprising because I generally don't like salicylic acid on my skin. One night, I spent the night at my friend's house and forgot to pack my trusted Persa-Gel. She had some I this, so I dabbed a little on a giant pimple I had for about a week. Oh my gosh, the next morning it was gone, vanished!!!! That has never happened before. I was sooooo impressed that I went out an bought some the next day. I have been loving it so much. It gently kills even the most stubborn pimples without overdrying or irritating my skin in any way. I also love that it is clear, so when I go to the gym or the beach, or just don't feel like wearing makeup, I can put some on and it won't be super obvious.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Lexchanel

This product is absolutely awful!! I starting breaking out for the first time a few months ago (I'm 22) and used this product religiously to get rid of my pimples and I can say with out a doubt this gel made my zits 100x worse! I used this products for a couples months with the hopes that it would start to work but I finally decided to give up on it and only a few days later my pimples that I had for months started to clear up. I will never touch this product again, complete false advertising.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by katwiiinaD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I put a pea size gel on my acne spots for a month now. I saw the results did nothing and got even worse. It didn't work for me and I was ripped off. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

This gel works amazing!!!!!!!

I rarely breakout but during that fun time of the month I get some breakouts. This gel works really good as a spot treatment and also during the warmer months due to my skin getting oilier and sweat this works great for breakouts on the body as well.

This stuff imo reeks like a heavy alcohlic drink lol but it works so good that it makes up for the nasty scent.