November 24, 2014 | 2064 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Emmalovescats

I never had a problem with pimples until I was an adult- ironic, right? I currently have a terrible breakout in between my eyebrows and on my forehead. It had been driving me nuts for weeks so of course I eventually just had to pop them and make things 10 times worse for myself. I vaguely remembered using this product a few years ago on the random few spots I got and being pleased with results. In my desperation I ran out and purchased Clean & Clear Advantage Spot Treatment. I actually went to 2 stores because apparently the Rite-Aids around here don't carry it but CVS does? Anyway, I have used it for two days now and either my eyes are fooling me or it works. There were a few spots that immediately came to a head (again!) prior to using this product and now they appear to be flat. It also seems to have helped the redness a bit around the other popped pimples. It isn't perfect but I will take any improvement. I have high hopes for this product. I am hoping with regular use it will prevent breakouts from happening at all.
Oh, I took a lippy away because it is absurdly expensive for the amount you get. I feel like for that price my face shouldn't be red at all! At least it worked better than C&C's other spot treatment...Persa-gel? I think? It was made with benzoyl peroxide which doesn't seem to work as well as the salicylic acid in this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by vegovy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This has been a staple in my skin care for years. Personally salicylic acid is the most effective for my skin and I find that this product really reduces any spots I may get. The only downside is that it is drying (but that's to be expected) so I only apply it at night. I apply this on spots as well as any areas where I feel it is clogged as I find that it helps to clear them. There is an obvious scent but I have come to rather like it. Between this and the Neutrogena Rapid Spot treatment, I must say: Clean&Clear is much better hands down.

From my personal experience this spot treatment is only effective on whiteheads, it is useless for those under the skin cystic pimples (I use tea tree oil on these bad boys).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by ponc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This gel doesn't get rid of acne or reduce redness. It actually makes inflammation worse, maybe that is just how my skin reacts to salicylic acid. It is also causes peeling. Although it won't make pimples go away, it will make the "head" (the nasty white stuff that is inside the red bump that makes acne so painful) come up. It makes popping the zit (I know you are not suppose to do that, but who can resist?) much easier.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by rosalee87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before I went out and purchased Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion this is a product that I relied on. After washing my face at night I would apply this product on any noticeable zits and left it on overnight. Seconds after applying this treatment I felt stinging on the zit and I felt satisfied because my mentality is, "If it's stings, it's working." I've learned through the use of other products that, that's not necessarily true. The next morning I would wake up to flakes from the treatment gel and my zit reduced in size. This product does work to a certain extent; it doesn't overdry and it doesn't completely vanish the zit - it only reduced the size but the redness still remained. After using it for 2-3 nights it would eleminate the zit. I didn't give this product a 4 since I believe everything heals with time and this wasn't no miracle product - it did take 2-3 or even 4 nights to clear the zit which would probably be about the same time if I just used rubbing alcohol or nothing at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I agree with another reviewer on here, that this product continues to be around due to the marketing juggernaut behind it. The stuff is worthless if you have truly problematic skin. If you have occassional problems, minor adult acne, small patches of white or blackheads, or texture issues, this will probably be adequate. If you have cystic acne, large quantities of blackheads, or large/painful whiteheads, get something stronger (I really recommend Acnomel).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by LegitElizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like many people, I was a pimple-faced teenager once upon a time. I eventually got it under control, but I still get the occasional zit every now and then (oh well).
After I stopped using my Clean & Clear Advantage Acne cleanser, I still wanted something to treat the occasional zit- just notin the form of a cleanser. That's when I stumbled across the Acne Spot Treatment. I decided to buy it.
Combined with cleanser (any cleanser), this product helps a lot! It doesn't work overnight (but what product actually does that?), but after a couple of uses, it definitely worked. Any redness from a pimple goes away, and when I use this on a whitehead, it goes away soon.
I still use this now, and I won't stop using it anytime soon! This product definitely does the trick for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by chaumein

I've never had major pimple problems (knock on wood), but when the occasional spot flared up, a dot of the product on the pimple usually wore it down the next day.

I have experienced the red skin that other users have found with this product - only when I've put too much. Also it doesn't work on deep acne. Its' effectiveness is limited to pimples that have come to head.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Megan6205

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It works so well for me! I have been using it over time and it really does help!! The only reason some people say it burns is because they are putting it on an open breakout or something. Just don't put it on open cuts and it doesn't hurt at all

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I have come to the conclusion that this product is built on false advertising. In the commercials, they show this to be the miracle zit zapper. In reality, this can only work minimally on those that have already tamed their acne with other products. Perhaps you can find use in this product if you have the once-in-a-lifetime pimple. Otherwise, stay away!

I felt like I was just applying this product into thin air. I got no results whatsoever. I eventually just became too lazy to even bother with this treatment. And I had it lying around my bathroom for a year until I decided to trash it.

Overall, I will not repurchase this. I do not recommend this. I would be surprised to see any difference after using this product in anyone that has used other acne systems.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I remember trying this product and similar salicylic acid products as a teen to treat hormonal acne. It was futile, cystic and deep acne did not respond at all.

Now that I'm older, blackheads and clogged pores on my nose, forehead, and chin are my primary issue. I was hesitant to try this kind of product again, but in this case, this product works. It significantly reduced in size and quantity the amount of blackheads and whiteheads I had, along with preventing or reducing the pimples that can sometimes occur with removing hair on the face.

I wash my face with a salicylic acid cleanser, let it dry, then apply the Clean & Clear treatment in a thin layer all over the areas in which I tend to break out. It took about 3 weeks of consistent treatment, but after 3 weeks, the pimples were gone. The blackheads were not as deep or as common, and any whiteheads I got healed very quickly. It can cause dry spots around healing pimples, but otherwise it does not cause my skin to dry out.

I am able to wear this under a moisturizer with sunscreen as well as makeup, and I have no issues. It actually seems to prevent the clogged pores that I typically get from most moisturizers and sunscreens.

I still have the occasional breakout around the time I ovulate, I'll get a really inflamed cystic pimple, and while this medicine does not prevent them, it does help them come to a head and heal.

After several months of consistent treatment (daily or sometimes twice daily application post cleansing), my skin is looking the best it's looked in my adult life. It's mostly clear, old scars are fading, and I am pleased. If you are older, and your primary skin issues are related to those tiny blackheads, whiteheads, clogged pores, and ingrown hairs, this treatment might work for you. Certainly worth trying in my opinion.

Note - I have very freckled skin, and it does seem to fade my freckles. I LIKE my freckles, so this is a complaint I have about this product. One more thing, each .75 fl.oz tube only lasts me about 3 weeks, so the cost can add up.