Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

3.3

Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive: Alcohol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Capryloyl Glycine, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Cetyl Lactate, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Fragrance, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Laureth-7, Phenethyl Dimethicone , Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 20, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Sarcosine, SD Alcohol 40-B, Tetrasodium EDTA, Water

on 7/2/2014 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have acne prone skin so a spot treatment is always apart of my everyday skin care regime. I do not use this as a spot treatment all the time though. During the day I do use this as a spt treatment, but at night after washig and exfoliating I put a pretty hefty amont(about a finger legnths of product) on an area where I have a breakout and I can see that my acne has visibly gone down in two days time! I have never had a product that shows resluts in such a short time. Love it!

on 6/17/2014 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm not sure what is up with this product but for me, it just didn't do anything except made the area become a dry patch.

I gave it to my sister who was suffering some random pimples and it seem to have worked better for her. I noticed it was working to reduce redness, swelling & even the pimple itself on her face.

Perhaps it only works on teenager's pimples, I don't know but whatever it does, works best for my 16 year sister & not for me, a 23 year old woman.

It also have a pretty strong scent to the tube so brace yourself if you need to apply near your nose.

on 5/7/2014 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I used this product for three months and it had no effect on my skin, positive or negative. This didnt help clear up my acne or help pimples clear faster. This was just all around ineffective for me.

Very bad,its cheap,has weird texture,does nothing to me,but smell isnt bad

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I used the Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment before, and wanted to try this out. I apply it almost every day on all of my spots, but I don't really see a difference. It's been 3 months and no change. I do remember better results with the Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment, but I'll probably go find another spot treatment. I usually look on Paula's Choice and MUA for reviews and hopefully I'll find a holy grail.

Info on my skin: it's combination (very oily, dry flakes in the morning and sometimes after I shower), and has lots of stubborn, red spots that take really long to get rid of.

on 3/30/2014 11:44:00 PM

This little tube is a life saver! If I have a new zit on my face in the morning, I just put a little dab on it and it'll reduce in size significantly over the course of the day. Downside is I can't wear makeup over it, but that's alright, because it also reduces the redness of my pimples.

on 3/16/2014 2:36:00 PM

I've never really had breakouts in my life, but recently I've been having the worst skin of my life. I decided to give this a try. I apply it in the morning and before bed, and I did notice improvement by the next morning. However, I found that this was most effective with whiteheads, not the angrier, larger and redder bumps on my face, which haven't responded to the treatment (it's been a week since I tried applying this to these bumps). I'm going to try to lay off the treatment on these kinds of pimples for a bit and see if they heal faster without the treatment. In fact, I think this actually caused more pimples around the area where I tried to use it on a big red zit. So that's annoying. It's really good for smaller bumps and whiteheads though, it's less red and smaller the next day. I'd repurchase just for this reason. But for bigger zits, this hasn't worked for me.

on 1/17/2014 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the Target/up&up brand version of this. -it says "compare to clean and clear advantage spot treatment..." on it- and I only paid like, $4.00 for it. I thinks this really works. (for me) You just have to be patient with it. I bought it Monday afternoon and am reviewing it on Friday, and have already noticed reduced pimple sizes and drying off. I do have acne-prone skin and i'm so uncomfortable not wearing makeup, but im in the process of clearing my skin up so im just suffering through these ugly days of "purging" (or so i hope). I like to put dabs of this on any surfacing pimples(whiteheads and red bumps) and re-apply it throughout the day. The brand I bought dries clear, which is nice, but it's not a product to wear makeup over, as it tends to flake. I dab a nice blob of it on the area before going to bed too and my pimples have definitely decreased in size. I know It's very hard to resist the urge to pop the surfaced ones but I've come to the conclusion that that's basically the cause of why more acne shows up a couple days later in the same area, it spreads. This week so far I've applied this spot treatment on multiple bumps and still followed my same routine of washing my face and applying moisturizer, and follow with the spot treatment. I've been avoiding any picking and touching and have noticed no extra breaking out or pimples getting worse. While the process is slow, I can tell it's fighting. Inflammation has definitely gone down. If you're not willing to have this on during the day i definitely recommend applying a large blob at night on the spot for consecutive days/nights. You will not see immediate results, (i mean i noticed inflammation had decreased within the next day) but as hard as it is to suffer and feel confident with acne, you just have to give your products time and resist the urge to give up and pick at it!

on 12/25/2013 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Surprised to see this little miracle tube not getting better reviews! Holiday and work stress caused a big red under the skin hurtful sub-pimple to blazen itself on my chin. It was hard not to pick at it because it hurt! My other go to products weren't helping at all. I bought this because it said basically "relief in swelling in 4 hours. " And you know what? It did what it promised! Within 4 hours it was not hurting anymore! Still there but much much smaller and less red 24 hours later and able to be covered up with concealer. My skin is is extremely oily though so it may be that it might be way too harsh if your skin is more normal or dry. I just used it on the big bad zit though and not all over either. So I am happy to say that in my case it did live up to its hype and helped me get through the holiday with one less thing on my mind!

on 12/13/2013 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

If you have sensitive skin, this is not the product for you! It stings so badly, and I almost think this contributes to more breakouts! Every time I use this on a spot, a new one pops up! I have no idea why this is the case, and maybe my skin is just weird, but I will not be repurchasing.

Popular Treatments (Face)