Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

well, first off let me start by saying that this is MY FAVORITE LIP SHIMMER ! i bought this at tjmaxx in a trio that came in a cute little case. it came along with others (champagne and watermelon) . The shade is similar to a burgundy color. it stays on for a long time and i love the smell ! it doesnt have alot of shimmer to it though, but more color than shimmer, its also very moisturizing. when you apply it it gives you a slight minty taste/feeling on your lips. the only reason i didnt give it 5 stars is because it is kinda sticky :/ but other than that this stuff works great

on 1/3/2012 8:11:00 PM

This is my favourite lipgloss, hands-down. It's moisturizing without being sticky, and the colour is perfect for me. I have pretty red lips without any colour, so I like the slight amount of colour this adds to my lips without being overwhelming. I don't find it tacky/sticky, overly bright, bad tasting, or in a tub (I hate that!), so it covers all my bases.

I also like that it's all-natural and has a nice peppermint-y smell. The only downside to it is that it's kind of annoying package, but I'm willing to live with that. I actually received mine as a gift, so I'm not totally sure of the price, but I would guess that it's around $10, which I consider a decent price to pay for a good lipbalm. Other posters have said that they can only buy it at Sephora, but here in Canada (maybe it is a Canadian company) BB products can be purchased at most grocery/drug stores.

I would also recommend it for people who like Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. It reminds me of a sheerer, more daytime version of that.

Definitely a lifetime lipbalm product for me!

on 1/1/2012 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product has a high density color for a lip balm so I like that but I am not a fan of the menthol smell or the sting it leaves on my lips. The product does get a bit messy in the tube which can make for messy application. Just angle the product and that helps. Overall I am on the fence about this product.

on 12/17/2011 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favorite products!! I am a super minamalist when it comes to makeup(fragrance is another story: ) I use this as a lipbalm and as my blush! Such a great multitasker. Moisturizing on lips but it doesnt slide around too much. I need to be really careful with my sensitive skin, so many products make my skin react,this one never has. I have repurchased several times and will continue to do so until they stop making it. It looks so very natural and that is so important to me. I cant stand looking made up.

on 9/27/2011 11:48:00 PM

I have finally found a product that I've been looking for- natural, moisturizing, not sticky, easy to carry, and great color (rhubarb). I always find lipsticks to dry out my lips and by the second half of the day I notice small flakes on my lips. Glosses for me are too sticky. With Burt's Bees lip shimmer, my lips have not felt dry and I can see the difference in smoothness. The only gripe I have is that it doesn't last long and I have to reapply at least 2 more times during the day. But given its many benefits, I would definitely buy again.

on 6/14/2011 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
- very moisturizing
- contains many natural ingredients
- nice minty scent from peppermint (like peppermint gum)
- minty, tingly feeling
- wide selection of colours
- good texture, nothing too waxy, sticky or greasy, just really smooth
- small, sleek and doesn't occupy much space (I can fit it in my wallet)
- though small, there's a lot of product
- clean packaging and cap that doesn't pop off
- easily found at sephora

Cons:
- pricey (I got it at SGD15 which is about USD11)
- only sephora sells them (so I can't get any discounts)
- can't twist the product back down so I can only twist about 2mm up to use so that the cap will not break/ scrape the product

Not being able to twist down and stuff doesn't bother me. The product is definitely worth 5 lippies but the price made me -1. Will repurchase though!

on 5/18/2011 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The colour is beautiful & very natural.
On my lips it looks like i was massaging them for a while.
Reddish-pink with natural shine. Seem invisible so only you know it's there ;)

My go-to daily lip product. I love this because I feel like on me, lipstick is too much for everyday. I have fair skin and green eyes, I usually do subtle berry/plum eyeshadow and this lip balm compliments that so well. The only other lip product I have liked as much is Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, but that is more of a nighttime look for me.

on 3/31/2011 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this yesterday and so far I love it! On me, the colour is a slight berry-ish pink that I think could be worn day or night depending on how you wanted to dress up your eyes. It is a great one step product to cover all of your balm/lip colour/shine needs. It gives a nice sheer colour to the lips, it's really moisturizing, and provides a pretty sheen. I'm not crazy over the tingly feeling this gives my lips but it's definitely not intolerable. I haven't experienced the problems others had with not being able to get the product back into the tube so I still gave the packaging a 5. I think you can get these at Walmart for about 5.75CAD which is a teensy bit steep for the amount of product you get but I think they are worth it.

on 3/11/2011 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a lovely natural pink tinted lip balm made with natural ingredients. The colour is buildable and looks flattering for many skintones.

What I dislike about this product is that most of the lip shimmers do not retract back down into the packaging when you want to close it. You can use your lip/finger to push it back in manually which is a bit messy, but if you live in a warm country like mine, you will find the product will squash outwards instead as it is much too soft to press back in.

I also noticed that the product did not apply evenly after some time, and became flaky. This is only in this colour of lip shimmer. I do not have such issues with my other colours (Caramel and Raisin).
Update: I've had to push it all out into a small jar because the product would not go back inside even with me pushing it (after I took swatch pictures as shown above). I've melted it down and now its in a little jar, which I hate! I don't like getting my fingers into stuff!

Won't buy again despite loving the colour.