Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/3/2012 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my favourite lipgloss, hands-down. It's moisturizing without being sticky, and the colour is perfect for me. I have pretty red lips without any colour, so I like the slight amount of colour this adds to my lips without being overwhelming. I don't find it tacky/sticky, overly bright, bad tasting, or in a tub (I hate that!), so it covers all my bases.

I also like that it's all-natural and has a nice peppermint-y smell. The only downside to it is that it's kind of annoying package, but I'm willing to live with that. I actually received mine as a gift, so I'm not totally sure of the price, but I would guess that it's around $10, which I consider a decent price to pay for a good lipbalm. Other posters have said that they can only buy it at Sephora, but here in Canada (maybe it is a Canadian company) BB products can be purchased at most grocery/drug stores.

I would also recommend it for people who like Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. It reminds me of a sheerer, more daytime version of that.

Definitely a lifetime lipbalm product for me!

on 1/1/2012 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product has a high density color for a lip balm so I like that but I am not a fan of the menthol smell or the sting it leaves on my lips. The product does get a bit messy in the tube which can make for messy application. Just angle the product and that helps. Overall I am on the fence about this product.

on 12/17/2011 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favorite products!! I am a super minamalist when it comes to makeup(fragrance is another story: ) I use this as a lipbalm and as my blush! Such a great multitasker. Moisturizing on lips but it doesnt slide around too much. I need to be really careful with my sensitive skin, so many products make my skin react,this one never has. I have repurchased several times and will continue to do so until they stop making it. It looks so very natural and that is so important to me. I cant stand looking made up.

on 9/27/2011 11:48:00 PM

I have finally found a product that I've been looking for- natural, moisturizing, not sticky, easy to carry, and great color (rhubarb). I always find lipsticks to dry out my lips and by the second half of the day I notice small flakes on my lips. Glosses for me are too sticky. With Burt's Bees lip shimmer, my lips have not felt dry and I can see the difference in smoothness. The only gripe I have is that it doesn't last long and I have to reapply at least 2 more times during the day. But given its many benefits, I would definitely buy again.

on 6/14/2011 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
- very moisturizing
- contains many natural ingredients
- nice minty scent from peppermint (like peppermint gum)
- minty, tingly feeling
- wide selection of colours
- good texture, nothing too waxy, sticky or greasy, just really smooth
- small, sleek and doesn't occupy much space (I can fit it in my wallet)
- though small, there's a lot of product
- clean packaging and cap that doesn't pop off
- easily found at sephora

Cons:
- pricey (I got it at SGD15 which is about USD11)
- only sephora sells them (so I can't get any discounts)
- can't twist the product back down so I can only twist about 2mm up to use so that the cap will not break/ scrape the product

Not being able to twist down and stuff doesn't bother me. The product is definitely worth 5 lippies but the price made me -1. Will repurchase though!

on 5/18/2011 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The colour is beautiful & very natural.
On my lips it looks like i was massaging them for a while.
Reddish-pink with natural shine. Seem invisible so only you know it's there ;)

My go-to daily lip product. I love this because I feel like on me, lipstick is too much for everyday. I have fair skin and green eyes, I usually do subtle berry/plum eyeshadow and this lip balm compliments that so well. The only other lip product I have liked as much is Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, but that is more of a nighttime look for me.

on 3/31/2011 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this yesterday and so far I love it! On me, the colour is a slight berry-ish pink that I think could be worn day or night depending on how you wanted to dress up your eyes. It is a great one step product to cover all of your balm/lip colour/shine needs. It gives a nice sheer colour to the lips, it's really moisturizing, and provides a pretty sheen. I'm not crazy over the tingly feeling this gives my lips but it's definitely not intolerable. I haven't experienced the problems others had with not being able to get the product back into the tube so I still gave the packaging a 5. I think you can get these at Walmart for about 5.75CAD which is a teensy bit steep for the amount of product you get but I think they are worth it.

on 3/11/2011 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a lovely natural pink tinted lip balm made with natural ingredients. The colour is buildable and looks flattering for many skintones.

What I dislike about this product is that most of the lip shimmers do not retract back down into the packaging when you want to close it. You can use your lip/finger to push it back in manually which is a bit messy, but if you live in a warm country like mine, you will find the product will squash outwards instead as it is much too soft to press back in.

I also noticed that the product did not apply evenly after some time, and became flaky. This is only in this colour of lip shimmer. I do not have such issues with my other colours (Caramel and Raisin).
Update: I've had to push it all out into a small jar because the product would not go back inside even with me pushing it (after I took swatch pictures as shown above). I've melted it down and now its in a little jar, which I hate! I don't like getting my fingers into stuff!

Won't buy again despite loving the colour.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I can't believe no one has reviewed Rhubarb yet! It's the only Lip Shimmer shade I've tried but I'm already on my second tube. All pros:
- great natural berry colour
- hydrating
- nice minty smell
- in between a sheer lipstick and a tinted lipbalm
- affordable price
- 100% natural.
It's my everyday lip product and goes well with virtually any look. The only minor con I've found is the packaging, not very pretty and the label comes off easily. But the product itself is totally worth it!!

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products