July 23, 2014 | 1134 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Scarlethreads

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
- very moisturizing
- contains many natural ingredients
- nice minty scent from peppermint (like peppermint gum)
- minty, tingly feeling
- wide selection of colours
- good texture, nothing too waxy, sticky or greasy, just really smooth
- small, sleek and doesn't occupy much space (I can fit it in my wallet)
- though small, there's a lot of product
- clean packaging and cap that doesn't pop off
- easily found at sephora

Cons:
- pricey (I got it at SGD15 which is about USD11)
- only sephora sells them (so I can't get any discounts)
- can't twist the product back down so I can only twist about 2mm up to use so that the cap will not break/ scrape the product

Not being able to twist down and stuff doesn't bother me. The product is definitely worth 5 lippies but the price made me -1. Will repurchase though!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Ingaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The colour is beautiful & very natural.
On my lips it looks like i was massaging them for a while.
Reddish-pink with natural shine. Seem invisible so only you know it's there ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by pinkpointeshoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My go-to daily lip product. I love this because I feel like on me, lipstick is too much for everyday. I have fair skin and green eyes, I usually do subtle berry/plum eyeshadow and this lip balm compliments that so well. The only other lip product I have liked as much is Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, but that is more of a nighttime look for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by rararawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this yesterday and so far I love it! On me, the colour is a slight berry-ish pink that I think could be worn day or night depending on how you wanted to dress up your eyes. It is a great one step product to cover all of your balm/lip colour/shine needs. It gives a nice sheer colour to the lips, it's really moisturizing, and provides a pretty sheen. I'm not crazy over the tingly feeling this gives my lips but it's definitely not intolerable. I haven't experienced the problems others had with not being able to get the product back into the tube so I still gave the packaging a 5. I think you can get these at Walmart for about 5.75CAD which is a teensy bit steep for the amount of product you get but I think they are worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by naedyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely natural pink tinted lip balm made with natural ingredients. The colour is buildable and looks flattering for many skintones.

What I dislike about this product is that most of the lip shimmers do not retract back down into the packaging when you want to close it. You can use your lip/finger to push it back in manually which is a bit messy, but if you live in a warm country like mine, you will find the product will squash outwards instead as it is much too soft to press back in.

I also noticed that the product did not apply evenly after some time, and became flaky. This is only in this colour of lip shimmer. I do not have such issues with my other colours (Caramel and Raisin).
Update: I've had to push it all out into a small jar because the product would not go back inside even with me pushing it (after I took swatch pictures as shown above). I've melted it down and now its in a little jar, which I hate! I don't like getting my fingers into stuff!

Won't buy again despite loving the colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 6:21:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe no one has reviewed Rhubarb yet! It's the only Lip Shimmer shade I've tried but I'm already on my second tube. All pros:
- great natural berry colour
- hydrating
- nice minty smell
- in between a sheer lipstick and a tinted lipbalm
- affordable price
- 100% natural.
It's my everyday lip product and goes well with virtually any look. The only minor con I've found is the packaging, not very pretty and the label comes off easily. But the product itself is totally worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Caramelatte

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just bought it today. Love it. Perfect everyday color when you are on the go. I have caramel skin with neutral to golden undertones. I can't find a blush that I like and I just tried it on my cheeks and it looked good there too!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by VegasStar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Moisturizing and goes on smoothly. The color is flattering, a little dark on me so I use it for special occasions or at night, rather than for day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by NeufChatel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always loved the soothing feeling of Burt's Bees lip shimmers (it's the same as the beeswax lip balm, but with color. This is the most flattering for my skin (dark with golden undertone). It's my new MLBB shade. Just a little of this helps to make me look awake and somehow brightens my whole face.

It's a sheer plummy brown red, if that makes sense... Very little shimmer, more of a glow. I think this color would flatter just about any skin color. It's just one of those universal products I love to have in my stash. I see this being my go-to lip product since it goes with anything. I love that it doesn't make me look made up. Just natural but polished a bit. This is a HG tinted lip balm for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color, it's just a little bit darker than my natural lip color. I love the minty tingle it gives. It doesn't seem to be sticky so that's a plus. I will definitely repurchase and probably try other colors as well. =)