September 21, 2014 | 1077 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Fragrance Free Luminous Translucent Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For the summer I've switched to this and love the lighter coverage and very slight luminosity of this product. I was using the regular Airspun in extra coverage and found to heavy for the warm weather months. The packaging never bothered me, but this one has a slight issue with cardboard ring that holds down the plastic cover. It's crimped and allows the powder to come out, but for the price I'll deal with it.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by pauley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the Best Loose powder it make's your skin look like and angel,
I have used so many other's and this is the Best I have 3 different ones.
of the Cody Loose powders and they are all great.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Dspinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is AWESOME. I've never been a loose powder user because it always looked too chalky on me. This somehow makes me look matte where it needs to be matte and luminous where it needs highlight...weird, but I love it! I was able to find mine at KMart for $6.50. They hid the Coty powders over in the perfume (???).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by YouthInAsia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I'd been looking for this forever...the Walmarts in my town don't stock it and I only just located a box when I was out of town at K-Mart. (there's no K-marts in my city!) So I snatched it up. At first I just used it over my foundation, which worked out nice. Then I read the bottom and it said you could use it as foundation, so I figure I'd try to use it like a mineral foundation, applying it with a kabuki brush and all (leftover brushes from my failed attempts at using mineral foundations). Well....it was pretty amazing. It looked better by a long shot than any MM I ever used. (I've tried all different kinds...BE, EM, W'nW, Pur, Ulta Brand, L'oreal, Sheer Cover....just to name a few.) It has coverage out the wazoo, and yeah, it's highly luminous...which my skin seems to enjoy. I even snapped a few pics of it on my face with my digital camera expecting it to come out ghostly and chalky....but it did not. It looked good, better than with my usual Colorstay and powder, and that was WITH my SPF moisturizer beneath. I just have to exfoliate prior, it does accentuate any little dry spots, but as long as you take care of that...I gotta say, I'm amazed. Now I just have to find a store in my town that stocks it. :(

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by danceandrejoice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this powder, but I prefer to use it on my neck, chest, arms instead of my face. On the body it gives the very slightest radiance. I find it makes me look over done and kind of greasy on the face. Maybe I need to try it again, but it does make my face look "too much" for my liking. I do like the regular coty airspun for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by jenjen80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If I could marry a face powder, DH would be in trouble! I went into a Kmart that was going out of business last weekend and spontaneously bought this (for half price! $3.24) because I'd forgotten my regular Coty Airspun (we were away from home). Now I really wish I'd have gotten the last 2 they had! This seems to have even more coverage than the original Airspun, but that may be an optical illusion since it leaves such a pretty glow. It just leaves a soft, ethereal glow - it isn't the least bit glittery or sparkly. Just like the original, it is finely milled, and of course has that annoying plastic cover that you have to poke holes in (I found that a pointy pair of tweezers is perfect for this), and has a slight scent which I don't find to be cloying or lingering at all. I can't see myself replacing this with anything else in the near or distant future! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by nabahood

I just picked up some of this the other day at Walmart...I don't think this has been discontinued..maybe they reformulated it and then put it back on the market?? Anyway, I just found out that the powder that I've used for years and years (Sally Hansen Cornsilk powders = loose and pressed) have been discontinued and I needed something to take its place. My mom has always used this powder and the smell (which I love) and box design bring back memories of childhood and comfort, and I remembered how nice this powder looks on my mom. (Shes 81 now and still uses it!). I've tried other powders and they all seem to just sit on my skin and get gunky..like a layer of junk on your face that changes color as time goes by. So, I'm really hope this powder does better. Time will tell!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by trew

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I spotted this while on my holidays while in the US, It has adorable 50's style green/aqua cardboard box covered in white and gold facepuffs- tres elegante.

It is heavily scented- i could smell it through the cellopane. It didnt come with a puff which i was a little dissapointed about but it was cheap as chips. so i happily shrug it off.

I have highly sensitive skin and despite the scent i have no problems with itchyness or allergies.

The powder is very finely milled and shimmery pale peach toned.

I could see gettin in a mess if i removed the cellophane totally so
I pierced the cellphane several times with a thick needle i whirl around a face brush and apply ligerally and buff in well- i get a lovely dewey look from this not glittery or overly shimmery just fresh and smooth like my skin when i was 10!!!

WIll definaley rebuy next time im in the US- cant find it in the uk if you know when i can get it PLEASE LET ME KNOW :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 2:57:00 AM More reviews by perfumejunky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used the regular version of airspun powder and love it and have used it for years. When this came out I had to try it. It give you a very soft glow, for the days when you just need a little something extra.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Syrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, I haven't worn powder in years. I've got dry skin and whenever I've put it on in about the past 10 years or so, it just seemed to sit on top of my skin and make it look older AND drier--no matter the brand. Lancome, Clinique, Guerlain...the best of the bunch was actually Cover Girl CG SMoothers pressed. And it wasn't that good.

I've had my box of Coty Luminous for a couple years but never used it--I went through a stage a few years ago where I wanted to be all retro and have loose powder sitting on my "vanity" (which I don't have) with a giant powder puff next to it...I think I thought I was channeling Zelda Fitzgerald or some other 20's Jazz Baby type character I had in my mind. Anyhoo, I never used the powder because I tried a little over foundation one day and it just caked and looked crappy. So I've kept it because the green box is so beautiful, it sits on top of my Guerlain Les Meteorites that I also never use.

Recently I've been laying off even my stick foundation because everything--and I mean everything--except my tinted moisturizer seems to clog my pores. I thought I'd give it a break and see if the breakouts on my cheeks and chin cleared up. Well, yup, they did. Just on a whim I tried the Coty Luminous over my CG Smoothers tinted moisturizer. A light patting with a puff, then a dust-off with a brush. Nothing too heavy. Well, it looks great! I can't believe it! No caking, no buildup, and no clogged pores!!!! It gives my skin a nice dewy sheen, without being mask-like! Hooray! I think I'll go to KMart and get another box. And a big ass puff!!!!!

Oh, P.S., I punch holes in the plastic liner.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No