October 25, 2014 | 1499 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Sakura Bath Ballistic

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by CocoMinx

a very refreshing product, a cool fragrance that allows you too unwind without being overwhelmed by too many different, overpowering scents. simplicity at its best.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by nightvamp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not a big fan off lush products at all. There was barely any smell or color in the water. Would like one that smells great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 9:32:00 AM More reviews by LauraMichelle1515

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely bath bomb, maybe even my favourite. I wish i could cut it up to make it last two baths but its so damn hard lol. When i pop this in the bath the smell is amazing and i love how it kinda lets out oils into the bath and makes my skin supper soft!
Quite exspensive, i'd really only buy on a special occasion.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by cottoncandyzombie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice, neutral bomb, perfect for gift-giving. Some people that are not LUSHies would probably be freaked out by brightly-colored water and stuff in their tub but this will definitely (maybe) covert them to LUSH. It's a pleasant cherry blossom smell that leaves the water a whiteish color (completely non-threatening) and the scent lingers on the skin after tubtime. Worth a try for a beginner!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by bloodvsplastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love all the LUSH bath bombs I tried, but this one was my least favorite. It wasn't the same. The smell was light, you would barely smell it, the moisturizing properties where not the same - it didn't really moisturize at all. The bath water didn't even turn any special color either. That's another part of using a bath bomb - knowing you're using one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a clean smell. The mimosa is very refreshing. It was not as sweet as I thought it was going to be. When this came out I thought it was specifically for the Cherry Blossom Festival here in DC. And was excited that there was suppossed to be a Blossom inside. I have never had a blossom. And its just not for DC. Oh well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I love the smell of this bath bomb, but I wish it was stronger and lasted longer. I also wish it would add some color to the bath, but on the other hand, there is no colored ring around the tub afterwards either. I received this as a gift in a set called "The Fantastic Four" along with 3 other bath bombs. The package smelled so good with the 4 bombs inside that it took me months before I could bring myself to open it. I plan to purchase the Sakura solid perfume they now offer.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by starburstvixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this! It's such a pretty bath bomb, and nice flowery smell too. Those are it's good sides. The bad sides...it made me break out. Guess I might be allergic to the jasmine absolute in it. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by makeupisfunyeah

my favorite bath bomb. Very feminine, and floral, and slightly spicy too. I like it quite a bit, great for a relaxing bath. I will say that I feel lush has gotten ridiculously expensive lately, so I doubt i will be repurchasing unless I'm in dire need of this particular bath bomb.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This little beauty comes in at a princely £2.20 for a 200gm ball. The name Sakura is Japanese and means Cherry Blossom. This particular Ballistic was invented by Noriko at Lush. Noriko is responsible for making Lush products to suit Japanese tastes but fortunately for the rest of us, her delicate blend of Lemon Oil, Mimosa Absolute, Orange Blossom Absolute, Jasmine Absolute and Gardenia Extract tend to appeal to everyone world wide.

The Sakura is a large bath ballistic and is roughly the size of a tennis ball and is extremely pretty to look at. It has a white/cream background and is dappled with exfoliating sea salt which has been coloured in pastel shades of pink and green which is supposed to represent a Cherry tree in full bloom. It actually reminded me of pastel coloured hundreds and thousands on top of an iced fairy cake that had melted and blended together slightly and the over all effect was very delicate and pretty. The beauty of Lush products is that only the purest, freshest ingredients are used and the products are all hand made.

In the case of Bath ballistics they are made from an extremely effective mix of baking soda and citric acid which are liberally infused with deliciously scented, carefully chosen and blended essential oils to refresh, revitalise, invigorate, soothe, calm, relax or stimulate………there are hundreds of different mood altering ballistics…..the hardest part is trying to decide which to choose! Once dropped into a bath full of warm or hot water, depending on your preference, the ballistic will spin and fizz furiously in the water, releasing a beautiful fragrance, and depending on which bomb you are using, will colour as well as soften the water.

I tried Sakura after a particularly stressful day at University. I rang home twenty minutes before I left and instructed my mother to run a hot bath for me. Once home I dropped my handbag in the hall and, feeling rather mean spirited, headed in the direction of the bathroom without so much as a "how are you?" in mother's direction. Actually mean spirited is the wrong term to apply here, I was feeling extremely tired, tense and stressed not to mention badly aching bones, a stiff back and joints and swollen ankles also my head was thumping badly and I was borderline Migraine. Without further ado I stripped off my clothing and tested the water with my big toe. It was nice and hot so I eased my jaded bones into the water and immersed myself into the deep, steamy water before unwrapping my Sakura from its Lush wrapping and dropping it into the water.

Immediately it started to hiss and fizz loudly and whizzed around the tub like a mini tornado releasing its rich, deep fragrance into the air.
I was slightly disappointed that this ballistic didn’t colour the water as some of the other’s do nor did it contain any flowers, confetti, seaweed or glitter…….all those special little things that make a Lush Bath Ballistic such a special experience. So the only thing this one could offer me was its fragrance. As the ballistic took it’s finally dizzy spins around my bathtub it had already done one of its jobs and softened my water. I rested my head against the bath and slid downwards until I was up to my chin in steaming fragrant water. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply of the delicious scent. Within minutes my mind started to feel clearer and I could feel the black cloud of irritability that had loomed large over my head all day begin to turn grey, then white and then clear altogether.

The fragrance of Sakura is extremely uplifting, refreshing and invigorating. As I relaxed in my bath on that drab cold evening it was an intensely pleasurable experience when the Mimosa, Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Lemon and Gardenia assaulted my senses, running riot and conjuring up images of a warm, bright May Day. The refreshing smell of Lemon compliments the floral and other citrus perfumes perfectly and the result is a fresh, clean spring day. I imagined that I was laying in a lush green meadow with sapphire blue skies and white fluffy marshmallow clouds drifting lazily by overhead. I imagined light, soft rain falling gently onto daffodils, daisies, tulips and Lily of the Valley gently caressing and cajoling them to release their potent fragrances; I visualised light May winds nudging and teasing the delicate foamy Cherry Blossom from the haven of the tree and watched as the petals drifted down slowly like fragranced Snowflakes. Had it not been for my brother shattering my peace by hollering “Dinner's ready!” loudly I think I would have languished in my country meadow for hours.

I was really pleased to note that all my senses felt soothed and I felt as if my body had been given a calming massage, I felt re-energised and my aching bones ached no more. After my Sakura bath I felt at peace with the world and human again. Even after spending a good three quarters of an hour soaking in the soft, fragrant, hot water my skin was plump, soft and wrinkle free. As there was no additions to Sakura (no confetti, glitter, flowers or seaweed) the bath was easy to clean and just required a rinse and wipe down.

The smell of the Sakura lingered on my skin and I could smell it quite strongly the next morning and as is usual with Lush products the smell lingered for days around the house much stronger and nicer than any air freshener.

I would highly recommend a Lush Sakura Bath Ballistic for those days when nothing seems to be going right; or if you are feeling particularly tense or tired; or if you are achy or stiff; or if the sun isn’t shining or if it’s one degree to cold; or if your coffee doesn’t taste right or if you have broken a finger nail………………then again I would recommend that you don’t even bother to try and find an excuse to sample the delights of a Sakura a Spring day……….just do it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No