LUSH Lip Service Lip Balm

3.9

Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Apricot Kernel Oil (Prunus armeniaca) , Glycerine , Beeswax (Cera alba) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata) , Flavor , *Limonene , *Linalool

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've bought this several times; a tin lasts me about a year with everyday use (once in the AM). It's a very thick wax that you have to warm up, which can be a pain in the wintertime. I melt it with my fingers before applying. In the summer, I can apply with a lipbrush no problem. Lip Service is great for moisturizing the lips prior to lipstick application. I only apply once a day because I'm too lazy to carry it with me and it's annoying to apply on the go. The tin is not very sanitary. It does keep my lips very moist for hours, and it's one of the few things that prevent my lips from cracking and bleeding in the winter. If only it were cheaper!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So this was my second attempt at a LUSH lip balm since I loved Honey Trap, even if the scent caused issues. I really like Lip Service, it has a creamy feel to it that makes it feel like my dry lips are being healed. I like the smell of this, and no one around me has complained about it. But this also has it's drawbacks. The fact that it came in almost a hard disc within the tin was just odd to me. I had to scrape it off with my nails which didn't seem like the most sanitary thing to do, or literally heat it up, which made it a little too melty. As I wore it down it kind of looked more like a regular lip balm, but it would be nice if it had the same texture as Honey Trap. I will buy this again because it is one of the few lip balms I feel the need to use daily, but I still can't call it my HG. Maybe None of Your Beeswax will be it, I'll probably try that next.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

So I love this lip balm. I know alot of people find this a really hard lip balm, but the trick is to keep it close to your skin, in a pocket or something. The body heat melts it a little bit and makes it softer. A friend of mine keeps it in her bra, and it melts it to the perfect temperature for usage. It was about $7 CAD, which is reasonable. This lip balm moisturizes so well, which is fantastic because it is a handbag staple. It lasts long and is water resistant. It has this strange smell that I can't really describe but it isn't unpleasant (to me at least). Besides, the smell isn't even that strong. I love LUSH lip balms, and was really pleased with this one. Definitely repurchasing!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love the scent of this lip balm - tangerine and shea butter.. However it is very difficult to apply it - its so hard texture! I am using my nail for that, but then its stuck to my nail and have to clean the rest off. Also its fifficult to apply on lips, first its really thick and white, kind of matte and doesnt feel moisturizing at all. Anyways it melts afterwards and there is no more matte finish. Its staying on pretty well and I do not have to reapply it for about an hour or so. I am addicted to lip balms, so far I have my # 1 that I use for years (but they do not sell it in Canada or US) so I wanted to find something that can be easility found here. I am not sure if this will be my #2 - I wish it would have more glossy and silky finish. Another minus, pretty expensive - 7 USD.
Update: It did not moisturize as I thought so, so I returned it. The sales girl said - Oh yeah, these one are really hard.

I recieved this as a present im my stocking and i was VERY dissapointed by the product. It was so hard I couldn't use it!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I haven't actually been able to properly use this product yet, it's so incredibly hard I haven't been able to get any on my finger to put on. It's tempting to zap the damn thing in the microwave to soften it! Plus there's some weird watery stuff that comes out of the sides.
It's also a shamefully small amount for the price you pay for it. $10 for a teeny tiny tub?

This is a great lip treatment. The smell is unusual but I really like it, and it is so thick and healing. It really makes my lips smooth. It is hard, as other people have mentioned, and so it can be frustrating to use, especially when it's cold outside. I keep it in my pocket when I can, so that it warms up and gets a little softer and easier to apply.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This lip balm would be SO great if it wasn't for the consistency, it's too hard and grainy- the packaging makes this even worse. If it came in stick form, I would consider re-purchasing, as it's really moisturizing and healing.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff actually heals your lips!!! And it feels wonderful to boot. The only small complaint that I have is that you have to stick your finger in it...I really hate that.

Soft kissable lips! Best lip product I have ever used, better than Vaseline, better than MAC lip treatment...nothing beats Lip Service! A close second would be Apivita's lip care which sadly I can't find in North America...still LUSH's lip treatment has a nice texture.

Last January my lips were so dry and chapped thanks to the harsh winter. Snow, freezing winds had given me the worst lips I've ever had and I was using MAC lip treatment and it wasn't working at all. I was miserable, I tried Burts Bees it did nothing. My lips were hurting so much too. One day I went to LUSH and the girl gave me some of the lip scrub to use and then told me to melt some of lip service onto my lips...so I did. I liked the texture and it felt good but I wasn't going to buy it right there and then because I was sceptical. So I went to get my hair cut and 45mins later I realized my lips were still moist and actually soft. All the dry skin was gone. It stayed on pretty long and I always lick and bite my lips (nervous habit) and the product was still there. So I picked up a tin and am now onto my second tin! I love love love this stuff! I don't care that I have to use the back of my nail to get this out of the tin. I just massage the left over into my cuticle. Its all natural so you can eat this product if you like! I put this on at night before I go to bed and I wake up with super soft kissable lips!! Even my boyfriend who has super dry lips uses this...it has hardly any smell and no colour so it is gender neutral. As time goes by it does get a little harder but there is nothing wrong with the product keep diggin' in and melting it onto your lips. =) Best part is all natural, beeswax, shea butter, cocoa butter, olive oil and apricot oil... pick up a tin & enjoy!

Popular Lip Treatments