November 26, 2014 | 1800 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Lip Service Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by beautygal101

I recieved this as a present im my stocking and i was VERY dissapointed by the product. It was so hard I couldn't use it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Gillybby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I haven't actually been able to properly use this product yet, it's so incredibly hard I haven't been able to get any on my finger to put on. It's tempting to zap the damn thing in the microwave to soften it! Plus there's some weird watery stuff that comes out of the sides.
It's also a shamefully small amount for the price you pay for it. $10 for a teeny tiny tub?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by hether2783

This is a great lip treatment. The smell is unusual but I really like it, and it is so thick and healing. It really makes my lips smooth. It is hard, as other people have mentioned, and so it can be frustrating to use, especially when it's cold outside. I keep it in my pocket when I can, so that it warms up and gets a little softer and easier to apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by QuirkyFashionista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This lip balm would be SO great if it wasn't for the consistency, it's too hard and grainy- the packaging makes this even worse. If it came in stick form, I would consider re-purchasing, as it's really moisturizing and healing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff actually heals your lips!!! And it feels wonderful to boot. The only small complaint that I have is that you have to stick your finger in it...I really hate that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Soft kissable lips! Best lip product I have ever used, better than Vaseline, better than MAC lip treatment...nothing beats Lip Service! A close second would be Apivita's lip care which sadly I can't find in North America...still LUSH's lip treatment has a nice texture.

Last January my lips were so dry and chapped thanks to the harsh winter. Snow, freezing winds had given me the worst lips I've ever had and I was using MAC lip treatment and it wasn't working at all. I was miserable, I tried Burts Bees it did nothing. My lips were hurting so much too. One day I went to LUSH and the girl gave me some of the lip scrub to use and then told me to melt some of lip service onto my lips...so I did. I liked the texture and it felt good but I wasn't going to buy it right there and then because I was sceptical. So I went to get my hair cut and 45mins later I realized my lips were still moist and actually soft. All the dry skin was gone. It stayed on pretty long and I always lick and bite my lips (nervous habit) and the product was still there. So I picked up a tin and am now onto my second tin! I love love love this stuff! I don't care that I have to use the back of my nail to get this out of the tin. I just massage the left over into my cuticle. Its all natural so you can eat this product if you like! I put this on at night before I go to bed and I wake up with super soft kissable lips!! Even my boyfriend who has super dry lips uses this...it has hardly any smell and no colour so it is gender neutral. As time goes by it does get a little harder but there is nothing wrong with the product keep diggin' in and melting it onto your lips. =) Best part is all natural, beeswax, shea butter, cocoa butter, olive oil and apricot oil... pick up a tin & enjoy!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by mule84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The problem I've had with lip balms in the past is that they don't actually HEAL my lips. They soften, but if they're already dry and flaky and disgusting, they don't really correct the problem.

Lip Service corrects the problem. 2 days ago my lips were dry and disgusting. Now they are soft and flake free.

Lip Service applies matte, and has no white cast. It's great under lipstick/gloss or on its own.

It is a little hard in the tin, but some brisk rubbing gets up enough product to apply. The best is if you can carry it in a pocket and let the heat from your body warm the product up a little. I do this at work: carry it around in my pocket and apply it as necessary. I actually like that it is a more solid product, because it means that I don't apply too much or get my finger all mucky with excess product. And it doesn't get under my nails :-)

I'm not a huge fan of the smell, which is why I've knocked a mark off, but it doesn't hang around. I can only smell it as I'm applying it. I often have trouble with strongly scented lip balms giving me a headache, but this doesn't occur with this product.

The packaging is good. A sturdy metal screw top tin. It is nice and compact and fits easily in my pocket.

I will definitely buy this product again, especially during winter as it really heals and helps my lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by vintagepeople

Pros: goes on matte, smells nice. Cons: almost everything else. The formula is way too hard -- I have to scrape it off with the back of my nail before applying. I get that this isn't a typical lip balm, but it just doesn't stay on my lips and keep them hydrated, so I have to reapply a lot, and what's the point of using lip balm if it isn't going to keep your lips moist? Even my rosebud salve works better than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This looked interesting enough so I bought one and absolutely hated it. The container is near impossible to open when you first get it, then refuses to stay closed. It's opened in my bag a few times already. The formula is very dry, I actually thought I received an old dried out one at first. The actual product is very hard to get onto your lips since it is very dry, and then can leave a white film, which is not very attractive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by mrgee

My search for the perfect lip balm is finally over! Living in a dry climate with very extreme temperatures plus a lot of wind is a disaster for my lips, and having tried so many different products to keep them soft and moisturized, I can honestly say that Lip Service blows them all out of the water. Most other balms I've tried seem "addictive" to my lips... they would help for 20 minutes or so but then my lips would feel even drier than before, creating a constant cycle of re-application. Lip Service is so moisturizing, almost like a lotion for your lips that absorbs quickly and lasts for hours... although I do apply a bit more often than necessary because I love the light citrus flavor! The only cons of this product, as many reviewers have already mentioned, are the packaging and hard consistency. It would certainly be more convenient for it to be packaged in tube form, as you have to scrape it out of the pot with the back of your nail, but I don't really mind since it doesn't leave your fingers goopy or sticky like most other products. Others have mentioned the price as being a con as well, but I would disagree; at $7 CAD it's only a buck or two more than its competitor products, but lasts way longer and is far more effective. I understand not wanting to pay more than average for a product that you've never tried before, but I'm pretty sure this one will be worth your while!