December 20, 2014 | 1687 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is perhaps the most fantastic hot pink lipstick on the market! I am completely serious when I say I can't fathom who this wouldn't look amazing on. It is the most superb Barbie-esque pink ever and it makes my teeth look so white! I will go on with what I like about the product

It applies very smoothly with no patchiness or drying sensation. But it isn't so soft that it bleeds or seems to smudge (Im looking at you YSL RV). I honestly don't wear a lip liner with this because it doesn't bleed, which I am quite paranoid about typically. Like I mentioned before its the perfect cool hot pink which brightens the complexion and whitens the appearance of teeth. It has a glossier finish to it but the pigment is intense. After wearing this all day my lips are lightly stained a sassy darkened fushia which doesn't rub off on my boyfriend when I want to kiss him after getting home from work!

This also wears like a champ! Hours and hours and doesn't smear when I am eating. Serious this lipstick is HG quality and you should have it. You will look like a sassy diva and feel fantastic. If you love a high gloss finish I pair this with MACs Love Alert lip glass. Makes me feel like a drag queen! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by makeyourself420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My usual go to lipstick colors are light baby pinks (think Pink Plaid, Please Me) and I was getting pretty bored with these shades..I wear Rebel occasionally but I wanted something a little bit brighter. Today my friend gave me a tube of this and I love it! Nicely pigmented and suits my NC30 skin well. Stays on quite well for an amplified shade (I love my matte lipsticks) and leaves a nice stain after. Beautiful!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Makdrizz08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first fuchsia lipstick LOVE from MAC. Such an amazing color. A staple in my lipstick collection. Will be buying it again very soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Angelysabelle

I've always wanted to buy Girl About Town when I saw Beyonce wearing the color. At the time, my mum wouldn't let me wear makeup. I had to wait for years because the shade is not available here in the Philippines. During my recent trip to Chicago, I tried it on and I loved the way it looked on me.

This is a bold lipstick that manages to be wearable. It's bright and bold but very wearable. It's a bold look for day and it's beautiful for a night out. It wears for 6 hours on me. I have no complaints. I wore this when we were visiting Los Angeles and I got complimented a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by EmilyC17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this lipstick after being recommended it countless times from my Mac girls and I'm not quite sure why it took me so long to pick this color up. I have very pale NC15 skin and it looks so nice on me, not to mention it comes in my favorite finish which is amplified. I feel as though this can be worn year round as it is an intense color but not too bright or dark to only be considered wearable for a season or two

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Wow, MUA, you were right, this color does look stunning on me! I am NW20, almost black hair, brown eyes, rosey lips, this color is bold, confident, yet not overpowering or like my lips walk in the room before me. It is a creamy beautiful blue based fuchsia color. The amplified creme formula is amazing. This was much better suited for my skin tone (all year round) than Impassioned (thought that may have worked well in the summer). It is less in your face than a red & more girly than a red, but with just as much strength as a red. If I could find a way to wear this lipstick every day...I would. I feel amazing in it and the lasting power is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start out by saying I never wear bright lipsticks. Or opaque ones. I like my lip products on the sheer side and prefer MLBB shades. My favorite lipsticks are Chantecaille Lip Chics and I do prefer similar sheer(ish), moisturizing formulas such as those of YSL Rouge Volupte Shines, Chanel Rouge Coco Shines, Dior Addicts, and Burberry Lip Mists.

Well one day, I randomly came across Girl About Town when I was trying to help someone identify some lipsticks and...

Wow. I immediately fell in love with the color! It was so strange because I have never been attracted to bright lip shades. However, when I saw Girl About Town, I knew I needed it. It's not just that I like the shade itself, but I feel like it looks amazing against my skintone. Not necessarily the depth of my skin (I'm NC20-25, by the way), but the undertone. Specifically the yellow undertone. I know that sounds a bit odd and I have to admit I've never come across anything I felt inclined to say looked good against my yellowness, but there's just something about this shade. Even SO, who was against how bright the lippie is, admitted that the color looked great on.
And as someone who isn't used to wearing a bright lip, I really liked how fresh it make me look!

Now, while I love this shade, I do think it is a bit difficult to wear during the day because it is very bright. My workaround is to blot it down. It makes a great stain and lasts okay. I have to reapply now and then, but I can usually just lightly tap on a little bit and that'll do the trick. I don't wear a gloss on top, though that would be a nice addition, and I experience no dryness.

Overall, love love love the color, and the formula is nice too. If you have yellow undertones, I would highly recommend giving this shade a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by sarahkkelleher

My go to night out lipstick it's just an amazing colour and lasts all night

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by channelalice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a MAC Lipstick addict. Whenever i like a shade, i purchase 5 of them for backups (i know it sounds crazy but yes i do this).
This is one of those that i have backups.
I'm asian and asians don't typically go well with bring lipsticks, so don't even talk about magenta or some crazy ass colour with blue undertone.
But surprisingly, this colour looks soo beautiful on me! Everytime i wear this colour, i get compliments from many people. It's like a lipstick that just instantly boosts up my confidence.

I like to wear this lipstick with a soft eye colour and probably a medium weight makeup. I literally wear it when i go shopping, when i go to school (university), when i go out at night, or even when i go grocery shopping! i always feel those jealous eyes around me, screaming "thats some sexy lip colour"

I recommended this colour to my friends who are very dark and very fair, and they all loved it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Ladybetter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a really pretty lipstick. Especially when it dries up. Brings out my face but it starts to look really faded and smeared after a while. Anyone know how I can fix this I will really appreciate the help