July 28, 2014 | 1280 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start out by saying I never wear bright lipsticks. Or opaque ones. I like my lip products on the sheer side and prefer MLBB shades. My favorite lipsticks are Chantecaille Lip Chics and I do prefer similar sheer(ish), moisturizing formulas such as those of YSL Rouge Volupte Shines, Chanel Rouge Coco Shines, Dior Addicts, and Burberry Lip Mists.

Well one day, I randomly came across Girl About Town when I was trying to help someone identify some lipsticks and...

Wow. I immediately fell in love with the color! It was so strange because I have never been attracted to bright lip shades. However, when I saw Girl About Town, I knew I needed it. It's not just that I like the shade itself, but I feel like it looks amazing against my skintone. Not necessarily the depth of my skin (I'm NC20-25, by the way), but the undertone. Specifically the yellow undertone. I know that sounds a bit odd and I have to admit I've never come across anything I felt inclined to say looked good against my yellowness, but there's just something about this shade. Even SO, who was against how bright the lippie is, admitted that the color looked great on.
And as someone who isn't used to wearing a bright lip, I really liked how fresh it make me look!

Now, while I love this shade, I do think it is a bit difficult to wear during the day because it is very bright. My workaround is to blot it down. It makes a great stain and lasts okay. I have to reapply now and then, but I can usually just lightly tap on a little bit and that'll do the trick. I don't wear a gloss on top, though that would be a nice addition, and I experience no dryness.

Overall, love love love the color, and the formula is nice too. If you have yellow undertones, I would highly recommend giving this shade a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by sarahkkelleher

My go to night out lipstick it's just an amazing colour and lasts all night

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by channelalice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a MAC Lipstick addict. Whenever i like a shade, i purchase 5 of them for backups (i know it sounds crazy but yes i do this).
This is one of those that i have backups.
I'm asian and asians don't typically go well with bring lipsticks, so don't even talk about magenta or some crazy ass colour with blue undertone.
But surprisingly, this colour looks soo beautiful on me! Everytime i wear this colour, i get compliments from many people. It's like a lipstick that just instantly boosts up my confidence.

I like to wear this lipstick with a soft eye colour and probably a medium weight makeup. I literally wear it when i go shopping, when i go to school (university), when i go out at night, or even when i go grocery shopping! i always feel those jealous eyes around me, screaming "thats some sexy lip colour"

I recommended this colour to my friends who are very dark and very fair, and they all loved it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Ladybetter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a really pretty lipstick. Especially when it dries up. Brings out my face but it starts to look really faded and smeared after a while. Anyone know how I can fix this I will really appreciate the help

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by JennifeRx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't just "like" lipstick, I am a hardcore lipstick JUNKIE and Girl About Town is one of my all time favorites. I can't say enough about this color. There are many days were nothing but this will do. I try other hot pinks and they just don't look as perfect as GAT does. This lipstick prompted a lady to complement me by yelling, "Great lipstick!" across the produce section of a high end supermarket. I am fair skinned, blonde hair and blue eyes and this color really just brightens up my whole face and makes me look young and fresh. It's like a makeover in a tube. I love the finish (Amplified Creme) and it has considerable lasting power. I would definitely repurchase. I don't ever want to be without this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by screamstyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Awesome color!! amplified!! yes.. it goes glossy and after few hours it becomes matte and stains perfectly!! it just gorgeous in my skin!! just adds dimensions to your face!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by MissLilyRhiannon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this!
It is the perfect hot pink on my skin tone (NC15-20) and it just works an absolute charm!
Definatly recommend this beautiful shade to anyone looking for a magenta/fucshia/hot pink
It's super pigmented and stays on forever and leaves a beautiful stain to the lips when worn off. It stays on when eating and drinking as well!
Great colour xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great looking pink lipstick that should go well with most skintones, looks especially nice on WOC. It doesn't hurt that this particular color is in the Amplified formula, which is my favorite lipstick finish from MAC. I always use some type of lip prep before applying lipsticks (lately I'm using MAC's Prep and Prime) and I get fantastic wear out of this. IMO, this shade and MAC's Lickable are almost identical. If you have one you really don't need the other (unless, of course, you favor one finish over the other).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by damifund

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

at first I wasn't feeling this lipstick but every time I have it on i get a lot of compliments. Now am in love with it. am an nw45 for reference. this lipstick last and its amplified.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Rumz

Lovely hot pink lipstick, I highly recommend this for those looking for a bold but wearable lipstick.