November 23, 2014 | 1011 users online

Cleansers - Mary Kay - Mary Kay Deep Cleanser Formula 3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This removes oil off your face very well but for some reason it doesn't remove make-up at all. Try not to use this cleanser in the winter times as it dries out your skin to the point my skin started flaking. But for the summer months it was excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 More reviews by erin86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far one of my favourite products from Mary Kay. I am a self professed cleanser junkie and I could have only dreamed that a cleanser like this was out there!
It is a nice creamy, but not greasy, pearl like consistency that lathers somewhat like noxzema, and yet cleans absolutely every scrap of makeup I have on even after one go. I usually have to wash twice with any other cleanser just for my own sanity.
The bottle (and most MK products in general) is just so pretty and I love that it is a squeeze bottle ensuring you can get every ounce out of it. There is also a pump available for those who prefer that in a cleanser as well.
It has no fragrance or colors, and suits just about any skin type in my mind. I can see that it may be drying over time for someone who has quite dry skin already but for me, I swear this will be my cleanser for as long as I can buy it for. I know I sound kinda crazy but I have acne-prone skin and every deep cleanser I have ever tried either dries my skin til it cracks (Neutrogena Deep Clean Gel Cleanser) or takes more than one wash and isn't deep cleaning at all (Olay Deep Cleaning Face wash with Witch Hazel). I only use those examples as I'm sure most oily skin girls know what I am talking about!

Here are the ingredients as well, seeing as how it is impossible to find them online anywhere:

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamide DIBA - S t e a rate, Quaternium-26, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Chloride, Polysorbate 60, Diazolidinyl Urea,
Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Chamomile Extract.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by anesty

This stuff was horrible on my face!!! It broke my face out so bad and felt like it was burning it. I had huge cystic acne on my chin and tons of whiteheads after using this for about 3 weeks. As soon as I stopped using it, my face improved a lot. It took awhile to overcome the effects of it and calm my face down. I'm gonna have marks for awhile from this one. Horrible stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2007 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Silly_Girl

This is horrible stuff. My face was covered with small white heads after 2 days of using it, I stoped and got my money back.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 3:46:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

INGREDIENTS: water, sodium cocoyl isethionate, stearic acid, butylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, triethanolamine, cocamidopropyl betaine, acrylates copolymer, sodium chloride, propylene glycol, disodium EDTA, diazolideinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, anthemis nobilis flower extract, DMDM hydantoin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by davecarla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used Mary Kay Formula 3 products (Cleanser, Toner, Lotion and Mask) for about seven years now and I love them. I have oily acne prone skin and these products have done wonders for me. I started using them the summer I moved from dry Utah climate to humid Connecticut climate, and they cleared up my skin right away. I've tried others (Paula's Choice, Clinique) and have come back to Mary Kay. I don't use any other Mary Kay makeup products but I think the skin care line is terrific! I will keep repurchasing as long at they keep making it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2006 1:56:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

I like this cleanser because it's gentle and does not irritate or dry out my skin. I have oily skin and have clogged pores. This cleanser does not do any miracle, but it's an effective yet gentle cleanser that I can use in the morning or night. Fragrance free and foam up nicely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 8:27:00 PM More reviews by bluedestiny4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful cleanser! It has a wonderfully creamy, pearly texture. The smell is mild. It cleans thoroughly. It leaves my skin soft - not dried out. I agree with other reviews posted that it would be nice if it came with an optional pump or flip-top dispenser. It costs a little bit, but it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2006 12:15:00 PM More reviews by gingerc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this cleanser for years. I have very oily skin. This is a basic no frills cleanser. It gets makeup and eye makeup off. I still followed up with a toner to get the last traces. I switched cleanser when Mary Kay came out with Timewise. I would recommend this cleanser to anyone who wanted a basic cleanser. You can also buy a separate reusable pump for the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2006 12:29:00 PM More reviews by gemini36

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow a pleasant surprise! I ignored Mary Kay products forever but am glad I gave them a try.This cleanser is great no overdrying what so ever.A little goes a long way.Had to fight for this up on Ebay,but still saved alot, but worth the actual ten bucks through Mary Kay. Oh and by the way checkout their lipoutliner if you have issures with lipstick feathering and bleeding, another great product!(It has been replaced with a new product but you can find the original on Ebay for real cheap, paid pennies for mine why they discontinue a product that works perfectly is beyond any reasoning and worse replace it with something that does not even come close to the original.