October 30, 2014 | 1688 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Vichy - Purete Thermale Eye Make-up Remover Sensitive Eyes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 9:08:00 AM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Iíve been using this eye makeup remover for years and itís really a wonderful product. Itís water based, which means that there wonít be any greasy residue and itís extremely gentle so that it wonít irritate your eyes and since itís fortified with thermal water, itís also itís non-drying. I think the key to success with this eye makeup remover is two-fold. One Ė you have to understand that an eye makeup remover is not a face cleanser. Itís not supposed to take off your foundation, powder, blush, etc. Itís also not an eye cleanser. You should already be using a cleanser that is eye safe and not irritating. Eye makeup remover is like toner for your eyes; its function is to take off the last remaining bits of eye makeup that your cleanser might have missed. Also, if you are using heavy duty waterproof mascara or eyeliner, then you need to either use an oil based cleanser or an oil based eye makeup remover Ė this isnít going to finish the job. As for the price, itís very reasonable. If you are a fan of Lancomeís Effacil, this is a fraction of the price. Another winner from Vichyís skincare line.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 3:44:00 AM More reviews by cherrypie80

After reading the reviews here for this product I wasnt expecting it to work so well, yet it removed all my mascara no troubles and I used one cotton pad for both eyes! I use clinique mascara high definition and it totally removed it, hasn`t irritated my eyes either and no greasy film. I am very impressed with this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by starrysim

I like the beginning of my routine with this make-up remover. It has a nice scent and a water-like consistency, goes on well and does remove all my makeup. However, once I'm halfway through my eyes start to sting and I have to flush them with water for quite a while. That's unacceptable for an eye make-up remover, especially considering many others don't sting me at all (Nivea, Yves Rocher). This is my mom's, I should ask if it stings her and I'll report back. If it doesn't sting you, then you're lucky, it's a great product otherwise.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by rachelfc81

This didn't work for me at all. My mascaras didn't budge at all. Disappointing after i've read so many raves here.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2008 12:48:00 PM More reviews by pifamili

This is quite a great product for those with sensitive eyes. intially Lancome Bifacils worked fine, but if you are one those contact lens wearers who recently contacted conjunctivitis n dont wana aggravate your condition yet still wana put some eye makeup, at the moment this can help you remove it w/o worsening the condition in my opinion. The oil film in those greasy removers will honestly worsen sensitive eyes prob so since i haven found a better one, hope this works for those sensitive eyes peeps like me. =)

update: This really helped soothed my eyes and although i really do not know what it did. it in the least did not aggravate my condition and really helped a tiny bit. i have to comment that it really cant remove most mascaras =( BUT, i found that if i use my lancome bifacils and then i used this back. the greasy oil film in my eyes kinda diminished. so at least i wont waste my bifacils now. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 5:59:00 PM More reviews by abcx123

I got this full sized version as a GWP. This is one of my favourite eye makeup removers. It's so gentle it seems like water. It removes makeup easily and has a bit of a scent, but nothing offensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by alal

Bought this from CVS for $9.99. Its was a bit cheaper than the other 2 brands they have Avene and LRP. I wanted something cheap, but all the cheap removers in the d/s have SLS *(Lumene) or mineral oil (Almay).

Packaging is fine. I bought this because it has rosewater or rose scent in it. TBH, I don't really notice a scent at all, which doesn't really bother me either way.

I use this to take my makeup off and it really does a great job. I used to use Lancome's Bifacil makeup remover and it was soo oily that it would get in my eye, and my vision would be momentarily blurred, LOL. I really cannot tolerate that oily feeling some removers give me at all, and I think it feels gross. Luckily, Purete Thermale has none of that oily-ness.

It feels alot like water actually! Very nice and light. No residue left, no stinging in my eyes, very gentle.

Packaging is fine.

I'd prob buy again. I'm liking Vichy's line.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2007 6:24:00 AM More reviews by martinar82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the best and only remover i use, it's exactly like water but more soothing, i have very sensitive eyes which are allergic to all kinds of makeups and puff up if mistreated and this is the only product i will use! the best, i actually use it all over my face when i apply a full face of make-up and if you get some in your eyes which always happens when i use a remover.. you don't even feel it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2007 6:50:00 AM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This watery eye make up remover is really gentle on my very sensitive, contact lens wearing eyes, it doesn't dry the eye area and you don't need to rub although I don't usually wear a lot of eye make-up but when I do, it removes the concealer and light mascara easily, it didn't even sting when it actually got into my eyes, 150 ml is also generous for this type of a product, I like the blue of the bottle, it's reasonably priced, compared to a lot of the other Vichy products it has few ingredients in it which can only be a positive feature! a keeper, ingredients; aqua, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, poloxamer 124, hexylene glycol, allantoin, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, disodium EDTA, panthenol, centaurea cyanus flower extract, polyaminopropyl biguanide, parfum

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2007 12:20:00 PM More reviews by gabrielasmall

This thing do no take the waterproof make up out of your eyes.... the rest of I have to say is good... so what I did is put a little of baby oil to can still using it... Good luck with it.