April 16, 2014 | 979 users online

Treatments - LUSH - Marilyn Hair Moisturiser

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Sofia321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product DOES make hair super soft. But, blonde? No. It's a great moisturizer, but it's not worth the price. I'd probably not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2009 5:34:00 AM More reviews by suslik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Mmmmm - what a fantastic mask!! I have brown, thick and wavy hair and wanted to treat it.. this made it incredibly soft and the smell was amazing! Such a sweet, pleasant smell. I love how smells bring about feelings, and this one made me feel light, refreshed and girly.

I can't believe no one mentioned this - put it on wet hair! That way you need less product and it goes on easier, that's what the SA told me and it was so easy to do. I put this on and wrapped my hair in a towel and waited for about 2.5 hours, I figure that's as long as it'll need to penetrate the hair properly. Then, just rinsed it out and shampooed twice, and conditioned. I got this as a sample in a jar, and my hair is a bit longer than shoulder length and it was enough. Remember the wet hair tip!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Fairypants1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

A staff member advised me to buy this when I ravaged my hair with bleach. It just left a heavy build up on my hair that made my blonde hair look dirty, dull and brassy at the time- RUBBISH!!! Used Aussie 3Min Miracle instead- it is the best thing ever- cured my hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

man, i would buy this again if only for the smell. if lush has anything else that smells remotely similar to marilyn, i want to buy it. and i wouldn't describe it as lemon cream or any such thing. to me this smells exactly like the sweet tea you get in the south, maybe with lemon. kind of like how firefly sweet tea vodka smells! or an ARNOLD PALMER!!! consistency is a bit runny and it's a bit too expensive imo to use as anything other than a deep treatment. plan on leaving it on for another hour or two (it's on my head at the moment) and reporting the results.

fwiw i have dark brown hair that has been darkened with henna. i have heard good things about lemon & chamomile being some of the only things that will "remove" henna.

will update soon!

***

update! removed this stuff from my head and had a great shower w/ "the blonde" shampoo (also purported to lighten) and i have to say my hair feels AMAZINGLY soft. i'm really much more impressed w/ this stuff than the other deep treatments i've used from LUSH. i doubt i'll be buying it very often because of the exorbitant price. i imagine i'll only get one more treatment out of the pot, and i have barely shoulder-length thick hair.

as a natural brunette, i would caution anyone that this won't lighten your hair significantly, but it will give some nice brightening tones!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't really know why I bothered to spend the extra $3 on this, over LUSH's H'Suan Wen Hua treatment for instance. Hell, I don't know why I bought this when you can buy 5 packages of V05 hot oil and have an equally average, barely noticeable conditioning effect.

This does absolutely nothing to condition my hair. I didn't notice any significant difference when shampooing it out in the shower after the 20-30 mins it was in, or when combing my hair out afterwards. My hair still felt the exact same.

The smell isn't god-awful, but it's not very pleasing. It smells like a combo of egg whites, lemon, tea, and diluted cinnamon oil. Maybe all these things are fine seperately, but all together it was a very odd smell. It wasn't noticeable once on my actual hair.

As for getting it into my hair, that proved to be difficult as the product is rather runny. As for the photos on the website that suggest dumping it on one's head, that created unnessecary waste. Using a spoon and ladeling it out onto my head, then using a large fine tooth comb, distributed the product pretty evenly.

I have naturally medium blonde, dyed (single processed) light golden-blonde hair. My hair is quite fine and about shoulder blade length, straight. The pot got me 5 uses. I wasn't expecting any dramatic difference to my hair colour, and also wasn't looking to suddenly to go platinum or anything. It didn't alter my hair colour for the better or worse - no keeping the colour truer, between salon visits, though.

The idea is cute, but beyond that, this product is an overpriced hair mask.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I suffer from VERY dry hair and I've used an uncountable number of products over the years. I discovered Marylin completely by chance, I got a sample at a Lush counter but at first I was extremely doubful. As a matter of fact, Iíve red highlights and natural brown hair so I really didnít think this product was for me (a yellow treatment for blonde gals = what the hell?). But once tried, Iíve fallen hopelessly in love with it.
Marilyn is one of the best hair treatments I've ever come across: not only leaves my hair soft, but also moisturizes and revitalizes it with a gorgeous hi-gloss finish.
Iíve just finished my fourth tub - pretty self explanatory, isnít it?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

defintely moisturizes and helps to add some gold tones to blonde hair. Great for people who highlight thier hair and want to tone it down a bit by adding some natural golden tones. This will not really alter darker colored hair, as it is not a lightening product.

People always ask if this will ligthen thier hair. It enhances the golden tones in blonds, and will slightly change lighter brown tones. It is not going to make your hair look like Marilyn if your hair is darker. Get real.

I have found that the Chamomile line from Aveda works better though.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2008 2:50:00 PM More reviews by hestels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great treatment for me. It really makes my hair softer. It also feels softer when it's dry and not just when it's wet, and I feel many products lack in that area.

But when it comes to lightning up my blonde hair, this just doesn't do anything. Maybe because I should use it on a more regular base, but so far it didn't do anything noticable.

I might buy again but am not sure. Also because there's jus tnot much of this in one package.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2008 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Tinxabelle

I would say my hair colour is more of a dirty blonde with blonde highlights. I thought I'd try this to see if it made nay difference.
The application was messy. I expected it to be runny, but not this runny. I also expected to use a lot, and used about a third of a tub for one application. The pot is about £7, so 2-3 applications per tub is quite expensive.
I left this on overnight and I cant really comment on the lightening properties as I used this with The Blonde shampoo which also claims to lighten hair. I can say that my hair does seem a little lighter and it is very soft. I'll update when I use this product again and dont rinse it off with The Blonde.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 11:09:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have bleached platinum hair that's really dry after all the harsh chemical treatments I put it through. The Marilyn hair moisturizer is supposed to be put in dry hair, unlike many other hair treatments. The lady at Lush who sold this to me claimed that dry hair takes in a lot more moisture from the treatment. Don't know if that's true or not but this is working fairly well for me. The cream itself is super runny and I wish they'd put it in a bottle instead of a tub. A lot of the products get wasted and end up in the zink. There aren't too many uses to begin with - which is keeping me from giving this a 4 because it IS a good product. I leave this on for about half an hour before showering and washing my hair. Afterwards my hair is definitely a lot more shiny and not as dry as before.