LUSH Marilyn Hair Moisturiser

3.6

Linseed Mucilage (Linum usitatissimum), Chamomile Infusion (Anthemis nobilis and Chamomilla recutita), Saffron Infusion (Crocus sativus), Cetearyl Alcohol & Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum), Cetearyl Alcohol, Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Chamomile Oil (Matricaria recutica), Soya Lecithin, *Citral, *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

on 6/23/2010 5:52:00 PM

First of all I must say I looooove the smell of this stuff! It's one of my favourite smells!!goooood!
Anyway, this is an excellent moisturizing hair mask, it really does brighten my blonde hair! My poor locks have been through volountary hell: i'm a natural ash blond and have been all my life so in december i started experimenting with different types of blond (golden, platinum, darker with highlights...) AND I had a perm 6 weeks ago! So it really needed help. I stopped using harsh chemicals and now rely on oils and butters and honey and flaxseed gel to strenghen and moisturize it. As of 10 weeks I haven't done anything to my color so I'm using marylin to brighten everything up while giving it some TLC!
Needless to say I love it, my hair is soft and bright after I shampoo it out (I leave it on at least 30 mins- up to 2 hrs)
Have and will buy again!

on 6/11/2010 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Ive been using the Moisteriser for almost a year now. I love the smell and I love the effect it has on my blonde hair.

I leave it in for like 45 minutes, then wash my hair with any LUSH shampoo.
It leaves my hair soft, but not to soft and it adds an amazing shine to my hair and my hair is slightly lighter after using this product and it gives a lot of body/volume to my hair.

on 1/7/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product DOES make hair super soft. But, blonde? No. It's a great moisturizer, but it's not worth the price. I'd probably not buy it again.

on 12/19/2009 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Mmmmm - what a fantastic mask!! I have brown, thick and wavy hair and wanted to treat it.. this made it incredibly soft and the smell was amazing! Such a sweet, pleasant smell. I love how smells bring about feelings, and this one made me feel light, refreshed and girly.

I can't believe no one mentioned this - put it on wet hair! That way you need less product and it goes on easier, that's what the SA told me and it was so easy to do. I put this on and wrapped my hair in a towel and waited for about 2.5 hours, I figure that's as long as it'll need to penetrate the hair properly. Then, just rinsed it out and shampooed twice, and conditioned. I got this as a sample in a jar, and my hair is a bit longer than shoulder length and it was enough. Remember the wet hair tip!

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

A staff member advised me to buy this when I ravaged my hair with bleach. It just left a heavy build up on my hair that made my blonde hair look dirty, dull and brassy at the time- RUBBISH!!! Used Aussie 3Min Miracle instead- it is the best thing ever- cured my hair!

on 9/12/2009 2:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

man, i would buy this again if only for the smell. if lush has anything else that smells remotely similar to marilyn, i want to buy it. and i wouldn't describe it as lemon cream or any such thing. to me this smells exactly like the sweet tea you get in the south, maybe with lemon. kind of like how firefly sweet tea vodka smells! or an ARNOLD PALMER!!! consistency is a bit runny and it's a bit too expensive imo to use as anything other than a deep treatment. plan on leaving it on for another hour or two (it's on my head at the moment) and reporting the results.

fwiw i have dark brown hair that has been darkened with henna. i have heard good things about lemon & chamomile being some of the only things that will "remove" henna.

will update soon!

***

update! removed this stuff from my head and had a great shower w/ "the blonde" shampoo (also purported to lighten) and i have to say my hair feels AMAZINGLY soft. i'm really much more impressed w/ this stuff than the other deep treatments i've used from LUSH. i doubt i'll be buying it very often because of the exorbitant price. i imagine i'll only get one more treatment out of the pot, and i have barely shoulder-length thick hair.

as a natural brunette, i would caution anyone that this won't lighten your hair significantly, but it will give some nice brightening tones!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't really know why I bothered to spend the extra $3 on this, over LUSH's H'Suan Wen Hua treatment for instance. Hell, I don't know why I bought this when you can buy 5 packages of V05 hot oil and have an equally average, barely noticeable conditioning effect.

This does absolutely nothing to condition my hair. I didn't notice any significant difference when shampooing it out in the shower after the 20-30 mins it was in, or when combing my hair out afterwards. My hair still felt the exact same.

The smell isn't god-awful, but it's not very pleasing. It smells like a combo of egg whites, lemon, tea, and diluted cinnamon oil. Maybe all these things are fine seperately, but all together it was a very odd smell. It wasn't noticeable once on my actual hair.

As for getting it into my hair, that proved to be difficult as the product is rather runny. As for the photos on the website that suggest dumping it on one's head, that created unnessecary waste. Using a spoon and ladeling it out onto my head, then using a large fine tooth comb, distributed the product pretty evenly.

I have naturally medium blonde, dyed (single processed) light golden-blonde hair. My hair is quite fine and about shoulder blade length, straight. The pot got me 5 uses. I wasn't expecting any dramatic difference to my hair colour, and also wasn't looking to suddenly to go platinum or anything. It didn't alter my hair colour for the better or worse - no keeping the colour truer, between salon visits, though.

The idea is cute, but beyond that, this product is an overpriced hair mask.

on 6/21/2009 3:39:00 PM

I suffer from VERY dry hair and I've used an uncountable number of products over the years. I discovered Marylin completely by chance, I got a sample at a Lush counter but at first I was extremely doubful. As a matter of fact, Iíve red highlights and natural brown hair so I really didnít think this product was for me (a yellow treatment for blonde gals = what the hell?). But once tried, Iíve fallen hopelessly in love with it.
Marilyn is one of the best hair treatments I've ever come across: not only leaves my hair soft, but also moisturizes and revitalizes it with a gorgeous hi-gloss finish.
Iíve just finished my fourth tub - pretty self explanatory, isnít it?

on 3/5/2009 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

defintely moisturizes and helps to add some gold tones to blonde hair. Great for people who highlight thier hair and want to tone it down a bit by adding some natural golden tones. This will not really alter darker colored hair, as it is not a lightening product.

People always ask if this will ligthen thier hair. It enhances the golden tones in blonds, and will slightly change lighter brown tones. It is not going to make your hair look like Marilyn if your hair is darker. Get real.

I have found that the Chamomile line from Aveda works better though.

on 11/11/2008 2:50:00 PM

This is a great treatment for me. It really makes my hair softer. It also feels softer when it's dry and not just when it's wet, and I feel many products lack in that area.

But when it comes to lightning up my blonde hair, this just doesn't do anything. Maybe because I should use it on a more regular base, but so far it didn't do anything noticable.

I might buy again but am not sure. Also because there's jus tnot much of this in one package.