Avene Soothing Moisture Mask

Avene thermal spring water, mineral oil, stearic acid, caprylic/capric triglyceride, safflower seed oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil PEG-6 esters, triethanolamine, glyceryl stearate, microcrystalline wax, PEG-100 stearate, propylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglycerides, carbomer, disodium EDTA, fragrance*, phenyltrimethicone.
Formerly: Instant Soothing Mask

on 11/17/2012 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this moisturizer. It's rich and super moisturizing without feeling greasy or heavy. It's only lightly scented, and feels gentle on my skin (though my skin isn't usually sensitive). Call me crazy, but I actually leave it on, I don't bother washing or wiping it off. But I only use a little bit, so it mostly absorbs. Even though I leave it on, it doesn't feel heavy or greasy. I definitely woudn't use it in the summer though, it's too rich for that. I only have a sample, but I would totally purchase the full size for winter.

on 8/19/2012 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my absolute must have! i have tried a lot of moisturising masks but none is as good as this! The skin literally drinks it in a few minutes whereas other masks just sit on top of your skin. It plumps my laugh lines, moisturises perfectly, when i do this mask my mother says each time "wow seems you've done a lifting!" i will keep repurchasing forever!

Another Avene product, which fools you into believing, that itīs nothing special and a bit boring.
Boy, thatīs totally wrong!
I tried many other masks, but this is my favourite.
Itīs just a basic moisturizing mask, but at the same time, so much more and a staple in my bathroom.
Living near the french border, I can buy it more easily and cheaper than in other countries. It costs me about 14 Euros and itīs worth every cent.
The mask is based on the famous Avene thermal water, which is known for its benefits on sensitive skin.
It is a multi-purpose mask, that works in every season and situation.
Itīs always soothing my skin and making it feel well hydrated. No matter how battered my skin is from cold weather in wintertime or air conditioning in summertime, this mask calms my skin and reduces the redness and dry patches.
Iīm also a big fan of this mask, because it saved me, when I tried beauty products, that irritated my skin. A truly SOS-product, which is why I never want to be without this mask.
In summertime, you can keep this mask in the fridge and after a day in the sun, you can put the cool mask on your skin to calm it down and replace moisture.
I also spray Avene thermal water on top of the mask to enhance the cooling effect and let the mask sink further into my skin. You can also put the mask for 20 minutes on your skin, spray it with thermal water and gently massage the residues of the mask into your skin.
Most important, it doesīt clog my pores, doesnīt leave a greasy feeling after taking it off and never, ever irritated my skin (yes, there a "calming" masks, that leave my face itching and red!). Having super-sensitive acne-prone combo skin, I had a hard time finding a good mask for my skin, because most masks just irritated my skin or didnīt work for my skin.
Normally, I use this mask once a week and 2 or 3 times a week, when my skin needs a little pampering.
My skin looks healthy and glowing after using this mask.
And let me tell you, I took a sneak peak on a french beauty portal called beauté-test, where french women rate their beauty products. Guess what was their favourite mask winning the beauty award for years? Yes, it was this mask.
This is my most trustworthy, alltime favourite mask and I highly recommend it.

on 5/16/2012 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

this soothing moisture mask is awsome! As the title say,it does moisturize my skin! It leaves my skin super soft,plumped,hydrated and fresh! It smooth on the application,non-sticky,i can remove it easily! It was mentionned in Allure as a verry good mask! Love it!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this during the winter when my skin was extra dry thinking maybe it would be a good boost of moisture. Despite the directions saying to just tissue off I gently wipe with a damp wash cloth after as well otherwise my skin felt too greasy. This definitely helped sooth my skin and reduced redness while also providing moisture but a little too much moisture. Every morning after I used it I would wake up with a small pimple or two which I don't usually get. It was worth a try and I'll use the tube up but won't repurchase.

on 5/4/2012 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, I'm basically one of those unfortunate individuals with really REALLY dry skin, and with eczema, that can only watch others play around with fancy schmancy facial masks and various exciting products, because if I did that, I would not only experience slightly discomfort - my skin would go into total meltdown. But since Avene had a soothing moisture mask specifically aimed at sensitive skintypes, I gave it a go. And I'm glad I did. It does everything it says on the package; it sooths, it provides moisture and the best part is that you can either wash it off if you want, but you can also safely wipe excess off with a pad and leave it at that. I love it, and I can fell it really hydrates my skin, which it desperately needs. Mild and sensitive even for me, and for that reason I would highly recommend it to others. My only bad comment would be the price, and the ammount of product you actually get for it. After all, you do need quite a bit to cover all your face in a nice semi-thick layer of soothing delisciousness - which my skin loves :) I will definately repurchase once I'm out!

on 4/23/2012 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I just love this mask!!
It's so soothing, so hydrating, there's nothing I love more than this Avene Instant Soothing Mask when I look for moiturisation and soothe.
Great product!

on 4/22/2012 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got this as a GWP full size no less and finally, after a round of trying to find a new moisturizer and turning bright red and burning up, I found this on my counter and said, oooo I need to try it. And I did - wore it in the sun all day as a moisturizer under my Avene SPF50 sunscreen and let me tell you, it completely calmed my skin and my skin has not yet started to hurt again and it's been 12 hours. This is a good sign - no burn, itch, redness and I am still moisturized. I do love Avene. Hard to get here in Texas, while in Canada I can get it anywhere - but I can order it online and I think I will stick to Avene for my day skin care regime.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love using this as a night cream. I've noticed that my skin no longer has any dry patches, even in the winter time, and this has not caused any breakouts for me. I only use a pea size amount because this is concentrated enough to not have to use a lot. I don't see the point in using this as a mask because it just seems like a heavy night cream. This hasn't irritated my skin at all and the only downfall would be the price of $30 CDN.

on 12/12/2011 4:08:00 PM

This mask feels more like lotion than a mask and it starts to evaporate if you leave it on for a long time but it is soothing. I use it when my face starts to get irritated and red and it helps calm the skin. I find I have to use a lot in order to really cover my face so you don't get your money's worth in my opinion but I would still buy it again because I need something to soothe my sensitive skin when it gets irritated.

Popular Masks