September 20, 2014 | 1879 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Fig Lip Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the lip shimmers all of the time and Fig is my favorite. It's a great color as a quick alternative to lipstick in the summer. The minty feeling is nice on your lips, and I keep a tube of Caramel on my night stand. My DH loves to kiss me goodnight...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 6:56:00 AM More reviews by brownsugarncutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this color a lot. It's the perfect amount of red without over doing it. The texture is creamy and moisturizing just like a lip balm and feels very comfortable on my lips ( which I can't say for most lip products). Plus, it feels just like a chapstick so I don't feel too bad about licking it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 5:42:00 AM More reviews by happymom2006

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What can I say? I like most of BB's lip shimmer. Minty and it moisturizes my lips to the max. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by buffysaki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lip Shimmer in Fig is my current tinted lip balm of choice. The crowd I run with doesn't usually wear makeup, so I need a MLBB moisturizing balm (my lips have always been VERY chapped), and this is as close as I've gotten. I totally agree with the reviewer who called it a warm berry color. I didn't buy it at first -- I look best in brick-ish shades, and the color on the cap looked too plum. Turns out it has more of an orange than pink undertone, however (but isn't orange at all, at least not on me).

Happily, the color isn't too strong (nor is it too sheer). I'd initially bought Raisin, which was much stronger (and pinkier).

I'd agree that it's not the best moisturizing balm. Burt's balms in general don't work well on me (my current favorite is Get Real balm).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

This is such a weird consistency! I swatched all of the testers and thought this one didn't look too crayon-y. The swatch was a sheer plum-brown and reminded me of Black Honey. When I put it on, it looked very pretty and didn't make me turn orange the way Black Honey does (score!). But when I looked again a few minutes later I had crayon-clown mouth. I looked like a little kid who got into mommy's makeup bag because I had pressed my lips together a few times. I'll keep this around, but I'll have to apply with a mirror and be careful not to rub my lips together too often.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by lesjoursdepluie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a fan of Burt's Bees lip balms, and I have a couple other shades of the tinted kind. The pale shimmery ones don't really work on me; the darker ones look lovely, but very dramatic. Fig hits a perfect balance, because it has a lovely sheer plummy brown color sans shimmer that I imagine would be flattering on a good number of people. It also looks appropriate for everyday wear. The texture and minty-ness are, of course, fabulous. This is a new HG for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by xfoxglove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My boyfriend bought me this because he thought it would be a nice cranberry shade on me.

My lips aren't particularly pigmented, but this went on really dark for me. A lot of people reviewed this saying it's a MLBB shade, but I don't agree. Or, it wasn't for me at least. It went on dark, leaving my lips a red/brown color, making me look a lot older than I am.

I like the slim packaging though. Great choice for a clutch purse if you want a little color when going out... I would just buy a different color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this shade. However, if the consistency was a little slicker, the texture would be perfect. However, I've worn this shade for many, many years. If anything, it was my first dark lip product. It has a special place in my heart.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Faithersk

This is an almost exact dupe for Clinique Black Honey...with a tiny bit of shimmer and very very slightly more orange (warm)...but it's not orange! It a YLBB bitten berry-ish color. Hard to describe. Hope this helps someone =)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by vyolett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading all the review here, my hopes were so high. I'm a PPP, but like so many other lip products, this one turned orange on me! I had to give it away. The price is fine, as is the packaging. I did like the warm minty burn it gives, but the color wasn't for me.