Burt's Bees Fig Lip Shimmer

4.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/4/2009 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this! I was looking for an everyday alternative to lipstick and I lucked out finding this. I love Burt's Bees lip balm anyway and this is a variation with a touch of color. Fig is my favorite so far. It goes on smooth and leaves a pretty redish shade that stays on for hours. It leaves my lips moisturized. I will be heading back to Ulta for more.

on 9/8/2009 12:05:00 AM

I use the lip shimmers all of the time and Fig is my favorite. It's a great color as a quick alternative to lipstick in the summer. The minty feeling is nice on your lips, and I keep a tube of Caramel on my night stand. My DH loves to kiss me goodnight...

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this color a lot. It's the perfect amount of red without over doing it. The texture is creamy and moisturizing just like a lip balm and feels very comfortable on my lips ( which I can't say for most lip products). Plus, it feels just like a chapstick so I don't feel too bad about licking it off.

on 4/22/2009 5:42:00 AM

What can I say? I like most of BB's lip shimmer. Minty and it moisturizes my lips to the max. Love it!

on 3/27/2009 7:40:00 PM

Lip Shimmer in Fig is my current tinted lip balm of choice. The crowd I run with doesn't usually wear makeup, so I need a MLBB moisturizing balm (my lips have always been VERY chapped), and this is as close as I've gotten. I totally agree with the reviewer who called it a warm berry color. I didn't buy it at first -- I look best in brick-ish shades, and the color on the cap looked too plum. Turns out it has more of an orange than pink undertone, however (but isn't orange at all, at least not on me).

Happily, the color isn't too strong (nor is it too sheer). I'd initially bought Raisin, which was much stronger (and pinkier).

I'd agree that it's not the best moisturizing balm. Burt's balms in general don't work well on me (my current favorite is Get Real balm).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is such a weird consistency! I swatched all of the testers and thought this one didn't look too crayon-y. The swatch was a sheer plum-brown and reminded me of Black Honey. When I put it on, it looked very pretty and didn't make me turn orange the way Black Honey does (score!). But when I looked again a few minutes later I had crayon-clown mouth. I looked like a little kid who got into mommy's makeup bag because I had pressed my lips together a few times. I'll keep this around, but I'll have to apply with a mirror and be careful not to rub my lips together too often.

I'm a fan of Burt's Bees lip balms, and I have a couple other shades of the tinted kind. The pale shimmery ones don't really work on me; the darker ones look lovely, but very dramatic. Fig hits a perfect balance, because it has a lovely sheer plummy brown color sans shimmer that I imagine would be flattering on a good number of people. It also looks appropriate for everyday wear. The texture and minty-ness are, of course, fabulous. This is a new HG for me.

on 12/17/2008 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My boyfriend bought me this because he thought it would be a nice cranberry shade on me.

My lips aren't particularly pigmented, but this went on really dark for me. A lot of people reviewed this saying it's a MLBB shade, but I don't agree. Or, it wasn't for me at least. It went on dark, leaving my lips a red/brown color, making me look a lot older than I am.

I like the slim packaging though. Great choice for a clutch purse if you want a little color when going out... I would just buy a different color!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I really love this shade. However, if the consistency was a little slicker, the texture would be perfect. However, I've worn this shade for many, many years. If anything, it was my first dark lip product. It has a special place in my heart.

on 6/30/2008 5:12:00 PM

This is an almost exact dupe for Clinique Black Honey...with a tiny bit of shimmer and very very slightly more orange (warm)...but it's not orange! It a YLBB bitten berry-ish color. Hard to describe. Hope this helps someone =)

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products