October 21, 2014 | 966 users online

Conditioner - Redken - Clear Moisture Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2007 6:16:00 PM More reviews by meh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent lightweight conditioner that does not weigh down my very fine thin hair. I have a very sensitive scalp which is not at all irritated by this conditioner. It's mildly detangling, and as I mention in my review of the shampoo, the fragrance is yummy. This is one of my staple hair care products.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by akemikatze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this off and on because it's my SO's. It makes my scalp terribly itchy and my hair feels weighed down and waxy. They advertise the apricot oil on the front of the bottle, but it's one of the last ingredients listed (therefore most likely contains next to nothing.) However, the second ingredient is "modified potato starch." I have never seen that on a bottle of conditioner in my life! Will not use this again and will do my best to prevent SO from spending $15 on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2007 3:57:00 AM More reviews by mzxplicit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it's not too greasy and not toooo light; hair feels soft and clean (as opposed to soft and greasy) and it doesn't weigh the hair down. i'm using the conditioner only and don't know what the shampoo is like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2007 10:12:00 AM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this and the shampoo for about 4 months now (I have the liter bottles). My stylist had recommended this to me and it's cheaper to buy the big bottles. This shampoo and conditioner have given me "normal" hair. Which is a lot better than usual. My hair is soft, shiny, smooth, and frizz free. I have really thick, past shoulder length hair that usually poofs up when I blow dry (even with an ionic frizz reducing dryer and brush). The Smooth down had left my hair dry, and the All Soft weighed my hair down. This is just the right amount of moisture for normal to slightly dry hair. I keep wanting to switch o something else, but every time I try, my hair is awful, so I just come back to this and my hair is fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2006 5:31:00 PM More reviews by malisonian

this stuff is gross. i bought it because i left my usual redken soft curls at a hotel and thought that this stuff would be similar.
it wasn't. it is NOT a replacement for soft curls, which is by FAR the best conditioner in the history of conditioners.

anyway, it left my curly hair feeling greasy and weighed down. and my curls did not curl right.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2006 6:20:00 AM More reviews by ocicat

one of the best conditioners i've tried - for my hair type any way. (fine hair). moistruises well and doesnt leave buildup. actually moisturises (soaks in) instead of feeling that it just coated the hair strands
main thing i like abt it is that its light weight, and i'll mention again - no buildup! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2006 10:49:00 AM More reviews by who_rattled_my_cage

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome conditioner! This might be the best I've ever used. I have very fine, thin hair and it does not weigh it down at all! It leaves my hair soft, smooth, and manageable. I'm not too fond of the scent, though. I wish they would change it to a fresher scent. If they made it with the same scent as Headstrong, I would be in love! If I could afford to buy this on a regular basis, I would. It is money saving to buy it in the liter sized bottles. A lot of times you can find them on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2006 2:23:00 PM More reviews by erinshelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All in all, I think Redken's products work really well for my hair. All the shampoos seem to make my hair clean without residue. The conditioners make my hair soft without making it limp and greasy. This is no exception. It reminds me of Smooth Down, but with less 'smooth' and more 'swing'. I like Clear Moisture the best right after I get my hair cut, when my hair is the healthiest. This line makes my hair silky, but more airy than the Smooth Down line. It does has a different kind of scent. Maybe oceanic in nature? I really like it. It smells very clean on my hair. My hair holds curls the best when I use Clear Moisture, as opposed to Smooth Down or All Soft. If you looking for silkiness without weight, you might like this line. If your hair is dry, you might want to try something else. I am very satisfied with this product and continue to purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2006 7:27:00 PM More reviews by slinder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Did not well moisturize my hair at all. Many other Redken products do a much better job. This, in combination with the shampoo, left my hair very dry and frizzy. My hair would not tolerate being blown dry with these products (with a diffuser).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by 212010533

I tried this based on the MUA reviews. So far I am happy with it. It instantly leaves my hair soft and clean. It lathers up better then the shampoo. I got it 30% off at a salon so that's even better. I then bought the shampoo but haven't decided yet. I have very thick full hair and this doesn't weigh my hair down.