September 2, 2014 | 1644 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Clear Moisture Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fine wavy hair, but a lot of it. It tends to get frizzy and can get really oily at the roots quickly if I use the wrong product formula. I decided to try both the shampoo and conditioner in the Clear Moisture formula. I like them both pretty well.

Before swithing to Redken I was using Back to Basics Apple Ginseng. As soon as I washed my hair for the first time with Clear Moisture I could tell an immediate difference. My hair was so soft and smelled clean, not overly perfumed. I didn't realize how coarse my hair felt when I was using Back to Basics untl I switched to this product.

The scent is not floral or fruity, which is nice. It reminds me of the old Gap scent, Simply White.

I do notice that my hair is still a bit frizzy when I let it dry to its naturally wavy state, but it looks lovely when I use my flat iron. I like the blue color of the bottle, but it is strange that the conditioner is a smaller size than the shampoo.

Overall, it is a pretty good product that I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2008 1:34:00 PM More reviews by sdjames

I really like this shampoo. I have thick fine hair which I color and that gets oily if I don't shampoo every day. This shampoo wins top points for its very subtle but lovely smell, its gentleness and the way it makes my hair feel (soft & luscious). I have repurchased this and will continue to do so.

There are only two things I don't like about the product. The first is the bottle. Like many shampoo bottles out there, it becomes harder to get the product out when you are down to the last 20%. You can't stand the bottle on its head because it is narrower on top and will topple. I lie mine down which only half solves the problem. The other thing I don't like/wonder about is the fact that the conditioner comes in a smaller bottle than the shampoo. Shampoo size is 300 ml and conditioner size is 250 ml. I get it that I should use a small amount of conditioner, but come on--16% less than my shampoo amount. Redken--pls make conditioner bottles the same size as shampoo bottles. it will save you in production costs.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 12:28:00 AM More reviews by HePaintsMeBlue

I have very fine hair that gets oily fast, so I have to wash every day. I had just gotten my hair back in decent shape after having severe breakage, damage and dryness from a lot of chemical processes, but my Aussie shampoo started to make my hair look really damaged again. I read about hair acidifiers -- low-pH products that keep the cuticle closed and are supposed to be great for fine/dry hair -- and found that Redken's Clear Moisture was recommended. I picked it up along with the All-Soft Conditioner, which I combine with Nexxus Humectress, and I swear it saved my hair. Before, I couldn't even comb through my hair without breaking off all the ends and it looked really damaged. After about two weeks of using this shampoo with the two conditioners previously mentioned, my hair looks even better than I'd hoped for. Now it looks completely healthy. I know they say nothing can repair damage, so maybe my hair was just ridiculously dry and the wrong products were exacerbating it, but now it's so shiny, soft in a light/fluffy way, smooth, and looks so healthy, not a fried end in sight! It looks like it's never seen a bottle of dye or a heated tool in its life. =]

I am really surprised that a product so moisturizing hasn't weighed down my hair. I thank Redken SO much for this because I had tried literally dozens of brands before this that never worked on my "problem hair". If you have fine hair that needs washing but is dry, I totally recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Kristineh

This seems pretty nice, I haven't had any problems with it yet. I love the smell, it's sort of luxurious compared to other shampoos I've tried, and it rinses out easily. It doesn't seem to weigh my hair down, but it hydrates pretty well, although it does not combat frizz that well. I might repurchase if nothing better comes along.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

I'm kind of surprised this isn't very popular. I find that it moisturizes my hair perfectly, without weighing it down at all. In fact, I have great volume after using it, with no frizz. I follow with the matching conditioner, which I love just as much. Also, there's really not much scent that I notice, which is a refreshing change.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2008 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ChillaFreak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started using this again after a few years. I really like the shine that it gives my hair. It's heavy enough that it keeps the flyaways at bay, but not too heavy. I think it's great...I'll keep you updated if it stays that way.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Guru4u

This is a decent basic everyday shampoo. I have fine hair but lots of it. These cleanses it well and leaves it hydrated just enough without weighing it down. The matching conditioner is good for everyday use too. Well, I actually wash my hair every other day but you get what I'm saying. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Redken claims that "Clear Moisture Shampoo gently cleanses and provides lightweight moisture to normal to dry hair. Redken's exclusive Interbond Conditioning System delivers moisturizing apricot oil that combines with glucosamine and glycerin to form a unique Micro-Moisture Complex This ultra-light blend helps restore, rebalance, and retain the optimum level without over moisturizing. Hair is soft, shiny and airy." Redken touts apricot oil, which is 4th from the last ingredient, so there's not much present as far as I know. While I buy that glycerin could help topically, I'd think that taking a glucosamine pill would bring more benefit as opposed to putting it directly on your hair. I personally feel like Redken is just blowing a lot of smoke with the description of this shampoo. But that is probably also partially due to my experiences with it.

I finally stopped using this stuff after my husband said it looked like I had a rash on my neck. I could feel the bumps, and had him look, and he proclaimed it rash-y. Ugh. Not only did this stuff give me a rash, it also contributed to breakouts on my head (yes, ew!) and just did very little for my hair. It's supposed to be "light moisture for normal/dry hair," but apparently it wasn't enough moisturization for my slightly dry hair, but it was way too much for my more oily scalp. I don't think this shampoo cleaned my hair very well at all, which is a big part of the problem I have with it. Inexplicably, my hairdresser recommended this shampoo to me, and while it didn't strip out my highlights, it really did little to improve my hair.

I'm really torn about how to rate this. While it's clearly the wrong shampoo for me (despite it's description; it's way too moisturizing and not cleansing), it's also really mediocre on my hair. More mediocre than any other shampoo I can ever remember trying. It doesn't suck terribly, but it isn't good for my hair, either. It's just... blah, which irritates me a little. Why use a shampoo that seems to have little more benefit than using just plain water? It looks like some people like this shampoo, but as for me, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. There are better moisturizing shampoos out there (that clean better, too) and there are better cleansing shampoos out there that don't strip your hair. And they don't cost as much money as this shampoo, which I think I got at a discounted price between US$10 and $11 for 10.1 fl oz/300 ml.

Ingredients: water/aqua, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betane, dimethicone, disteryl ether, cocamide mipa, behenyl alcohol, sodium chloride, ppg-5-ceteth-20, glycerin, laureth-2, fragrance/parfum, polyquaternium-10, sodium methylparabe[n?], carbomer, dmdm hydantoin, hydroxypropyltrimoniu[m?], hydrolyzed wheat protein, glucosamine hci, glutami[c?] acid, oleth-10, disodium cocoamphodipropionate, lecithin, phosphoric acid, apricot kernel oil/prunus armeniaca, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben (D6059/1) [Sorry for the partial ingredients sometimes- my bottle was missing some of the writing on one side.]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 1:14:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used some Redken products, Smooth Down (which was too heavy for my hair), All Soft, which was alright but I got bored with it. I have fine hair, but TONS of it. Its also colored and highlighted. I don't like shampoos and conditioners that add a lot of stuff and weigh my hair down...that is the last thing I need with my hair. What I need is a shampoo and condish that adds some good moisture to my hair, protects color and doesn't weigh my hair down. And Clear Moisture shampoo does that for me. It cleans with out adding extra stuff in my hair to weigh it down. Yes, there is a scent to it, some would call it a "manly" scent, I find it to be a fresh scent. I like it.

I find this shampoo to be a good one and my hair likes it. It leaves my hair clean, soft and bouncy. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 11:24:00 AM More reviews by diggity

There's nothing special about this shampoo. It cleaned alright. Not particularly well, but also didn't seem to strip my hair too much. I haven't used it enough to know if it dries hair over time. I wasn't really impressed though, so I won't repurchase. I think Nexxus Sleektress is a far better shampoo if you are looking for one that gently (but thoroughly) cleans without drying. I also find the smell of this annoying. It's sort of like men's cologne. I like some of the Redken styling products, but have been underwhelmed by the line's shampoos and regular conditioners.