November 25, 2014 | 1780 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by amkclaes

I really like this. Use it every night. My skin's not dry at all so I can use this alone, no moisturizer on top. In the morning, breakouts are reduced, skin is glowy. In terms of like clearing blackheads, it doesn't do much alone. Physical exfoliation (with a scrub or clarisonic or whatever you like) in conjunction with this works very well. Overall, its a good buy. Worth the money spent. It also has lasted me at least six months by now, probably longer, and is in no danger of running out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Pappadelta

Just an update really this has become a daily staple in my skin care routine I have electrolysis On my face but as the hair comes through it causes bumps which have in the past caused painful ingrown hairs which have become hardened bumps which have taken months to clear and left pigmentation, Ive learnt to use this daily it smooths my skin helps with blemishes and minimises pigmentation from blemishes and spots, also gives a nice glow, great result if used overnight but use on clean skin with whatever else you want to use on top otherwise it doesn't work as well. For anyone with a thicker combination skin which changes everyday this makes me feel like my skin is much much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Stril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this product in an 'Oily & Acne Prone Skin' kit, along with the gel cleanser & Thermal Water in the hope of controlling my oily T-zone & recurring hormonal breakouts. I've been using it for about a week, twice a day, once in the morning & once at night after cleansing & although, yes it does become a little tacky on the skin & takes a little while to completely dry, I've been loving this product. It's taken away any redness I had left over from my breakouts & seems to have kept any more breakouts from occurring. Keep in mind I have been using this in conjunction with the Avene gel cleanser, but the duo seem to be working wonders.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll update later - but it seems pretty nice

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product to help combat my moderate but consistent acne. I use a lot of oil control products and was using salicylic acid but it didn't seem enough so I thought the AHA in this would really help. The price was a little more than I pay for products usually and the packaging is suitable for the purpose.

Onto the product...
I used Cleanance K gel-cream for 5 weeks before discontinuing it as it has destroyed my skin completely. As I said, I had acne but not tons of it but it was constant, I always had spots. I used Cleanance K in the mornings only and found that for the first 3 weeks nothing really happened. I felt that there was a decline in new spots but not enough to warrant repurchasing. THEN, my face exploded; huge painful spots full of crud, clogged pores and my chin became bumpy and rash-like. After some trial and error, I put it down to Cleanance K and discontinued it. Sadly, the extra spots have cleared up but I can't undo the bumpiness on my chin. I'm gutted! I went back to my old cleanser (don't know why I left LUSH Dark Angels!) and saw immediate change as my spots healed and disappeared. Just wish that I could shift this gross feeling/look on my chin. If anything I am more paranoid about my skin than ever and have been completely put off of Avène products.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I used to have acne and sensitive in my 20s. Didn't do nothing with this... Finished a whole tube because... I was too cheap to throw it out. I learned my lesson. Just blardy throw them now next time.

My face is clear now but maybe it's cause of aging. I still have sensitive skin and Avene is a no no in every product except 1 or 2.

All in all, Avene is a crap brand (LOL), and only 1 or 2 of their products are alright while the rest just hurts most people's skin. Even my dermatologist has stopped recommending it.

Go for QV, ICM or any of those made for real sensitive skin and truly understand sensitive skin without all those paraben, mineral oil, high alcohol content, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, I actually found a product that helps my skin after a years! I tried Bioderma, La Roche Posay and almost all drugstore brands, but this stuff is just amazing. Yes, sometimes my skin is feeling dry and I have tingling sensations for a few minutes after application... but for me the most important is that it HELPS healing my acne. I use it in combination with La Roche Posay Effaclar K because Avene Cleanance K can makes your skin very sensitive (5 days Avene and then 2 days La Roche Posay). It works for me. I totally recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by niahana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i only use this during the night and did a GREAT job! it stings a little on my problem areas but i know that the products works on my skin really well. it sooth my acne scars and minimize the redness of my popped acne in just an hour or less (with the mostly help from avene cleanance lotion-toner). i dont recommend to use this during the day, especially in the summer because of its thick consistency and moisture. but it doesnt break me out when i use it during the night..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by chrissyo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I alternate this with Triacneal depending on the state of my skin. My skin is clog prone and very sensitive, so if I have an active breakout or a lot of dullness, I rely more heavily on Triacneal (Cleanance K does work well, but may take 2-3 days to clear up my skin, whereas Triacneal can do it in a day or two). If my skin is in 'maintenance mode', this keeps it looking fresh, clear and healthy. I'd highly recommend either (or both intermittently) to anyone trying to clear up clogged skin or to maintain young, healthy skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So I got this is the Cleanance Discovery Kit, which included minis of the soapless face wash, the Emulsifier moisturizer, the toner and the mask. I like all the products but besides the face wash this was the one that really stood out. Several months ago I had a reaction to Lorac Natural Finish foundation (such a shame, I really liked it until it broke me out) and I never really healed. No matter what I did my skin kept breaking out worse and worse because other products kept re-irritating my skin and causing it to be bone-dry and scaly. The drying plus the popping (I know, I know) equaled more pimples. I tried everything from BP treatments to special acne washes to raw honey and sea salt scrubs. Eveything that seemed promising eventually proved futile, and I didn't have the money nor the knowledge for expensive treatments as I never had to deal with skin like this before, so I just stopped treating it. It relaxed, but still looked just horrible and I dreaded getting up to wash and make myself up every day. I saw the starter kit for the Cleanance line at Duane Reade (the fancy ones in Manhattan) and for $8 I figured it would be my last resort before taking myself to a derm and doing whatever he said no matter how many chemicals or pills involved. I read reviews for how to use the stuff on here and a few other sites and got to work. The last three days are the first in months I haven't totally hated my face. I washed with the soapless cleanser twice a day, treated with the Cleanance K at night and once in the am the 2nd time I used it, and toned and moisturized the times I didn't use the Cleanance. The second night I was able to use an extractor to get some gunk out and the areas are not tender, peeling, or flaking in the least. My foundation went on smoothly this morning and covered all my hyperpigmentation and redness without concealer for the first time in months, and I've noticed it doesn't wear off as easily. My skin isn't sore or redder than before as it was with other treatments, and I've noticed the K exfoliating healing spots so they don't look aggravated, scabby, and obvious. My only other experience with AHA and BHA was a bad one that aggravated my skin more (think it was a Neutrogena gel) and I was afraid K would do the same. This isn't the case at all, in fact this is the gentlest most effective treatment I ever used. I normally don't have super sensitive acne-prone skin, but it was so damaged it was behaving that way. If your skin is normally like that though I'd say give it a try but use super sparingly because it stings and makes you red upon application. If you use it at night though, by morning the redness is gone and your skin will feel more even after a washing. It's too soon to comment on my hyperpigmentation, but since I have a lot of it I feel I'll notice right away when and if it fades so stay tuned for an edit. In terms of dryness, my usually dry skin is doing ok but I wouldn't use it more than once a day now and definitely not without moisturizing at least in the am. Since the gel feels a little heavy I can't bring myself to put anything more on after it at night, but it absorbs quickly so I would use the Emulsion moisturizer if I had to. I can't comment on the packaging but it's really just a bigger tube than the sample so yay hygenic squeeze tubes. The price is $20 or $21 at Duane Reade (it looks like it's $22 online) so it's more than I've spent on a small tube of treatment but still less than most other effective ones. In conclusion, I'd buy the fullsize after finishing my sample, which I think I could get another 2-3 weeks out of. Definitely give it a shot, nothing works totally over-night but this stuff has done a pretty decent job in only 3 days so I guess it's the closest I can get to my HG :)