April 19, 2014 | 1687 users online

Treatments - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I used to have acne and sensitive in my 20s. Didn't do nothing with this... Finished a whole tube because... I was too cheap to throw it out. I learned my lesson. Just blardy throw them now next time.

My face is clear now but maybe it's cause of aging. I still have sensitive skin and Avene is a no no in every product except 1 or 2.

All in all, Avene is a crap brand (LOL), and only 1 or 2 of their products are alright while the rest just hurts most people's skin. Even my dermatologist has stopped recommending it.

Go for QV, ICM or any of those made for real sensitive skin and truly understand sensitive skin without all those paraben, mineral oil, high alcohol content, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, I actually found a product that helps my skin after a years! I tried Bioderma, La Roche Posay and almost all drugstore brands, but this stuff is just amazing. Yes, sometimes my skin is feeling dry and I have tingling sensations for a few minutes after application... but for me the most important is that it HELPS healing my acne. I use it in combination with La Roche Posay Effaclar K because Avene Cleanance K can makes your skin very sensitive (5 days Avene and then 2 days La Roche Posay). It works for me. I totally recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by niahana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i only use this during the night and did a GREAT job! it stings a little on my problem areas but i know that the products works on my skin really well. it sooth my acne scars and minimize the redness of my popped acne in just an hour or less (with the mostly help from avene cleanance lotion-toner). i dont recommend to use this during the day, especially in the summer because of its thick consistency and moisture. but it doesnt break me out when i use it during the night..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by chrissyo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I alternate this with Triacneal depending on the state of my skin. My skin is clog prone and very sensitive, so if I have an active breakout or a lot of dullness, I rely more heavily on Triacneal (Cleanance K does work well, but may take 2-3 days to clear up my skin, whereas Triacneal can do it in a day or two). If my skin is in 'maintenance mode', this keeps it looking fresh, clear and healthy. I'd highly recommend either (or both intermittently) to anyone trying to clear up clogged skin or to maintain young, healthy skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So I got this is the Cleanance Discovery Kit, which included minis of the soapless face wash, the Emulsifier moisturizer, the toner and the mask. I like all the products but besides the face wash this was the one that really stood out. Several months ago I had a reaction to Lorac Natural Finish foundation (such a shame, I really liked it until it broke me out) and I never really healed. No matter what I did my skin kept breaking out worse and worse because other products kept re-irritating my skin and causing it to be bone-dry and scaly. The drying plus the popping (I know, I know) equaled more pimples. I tried everything from BP treatments to special acne washes to raw honey and sea salt scrubs. Eveything that seemed promising eventually proved futile, and I didn't have the money nor the knowledge for expensive treatments as I never had to deal with skin like this before, so I just stopped treating it. It relaxed, but still looked just horrible and I dreaded getting up to wash and make myself up every day. I saw the starter kit for the Cleanance line at Duane Reade (the fancy ones in Manhattan) and for $8 I figured it would be my last resort before taking myself to a derm and doing whatever he said no matter how many chemicals or pills involved. I read reviews for how to use the stuff on here and a few other sites and got to work. The last three days are the first in months I haven't totally hated my face. I washed with the soapless cleanser twice a day, treated with the Cleanance K at night and once in the am the 2nd time I used it, and toned and moisturized the times I didn't use the Cleanance. The second night I was able to use an extractor to get some gunk out and the areas are not tender, peeling, or flaking in the least. My foundation went on smoothly this morning and covered all my hyperpigmentation and redness without concealer for the first time in months, and I've noticed it doesn't wear off as easily. My skin isn't sore or redder than before as it was with other treatments, and I've noticed the K exfoliating healing spots so they don't look aggravated, scabby, and obvious. My only other experience with AHA and BHA was a bad one that aggravated my skin more (think it was a Neutrogena gel) and I was afraid K would do the same. This isn't the case at all, in fact this is the gentlest most effective treatment I ever used. I normally don't have super sensitive acne-prone skin, but it was so damaged it was behaving that way. If your skin is normally like that though I'd say give it a try but use super sparingly because it stings and makes you red upon application. If you use it at night though, by morning the redness is gone and your skin will feel more even after a washing. It's too soon to comment on my hyperpigmentation, but since I have a lot of it I feel I'll notice right away when and if it fades so stay tuned for an edit. In terms of dryness, my usually dry skin is doing ok but I wouldn't use it more than once a day now and definitely not without moisturizing at least in the am. Since the gel feels a little heavy I can't bring myself to put anything more on after it at night, but it absorbs quickly so I would use the Emulsion moisturizer if I had to. I can't comment on the packaging but it's really just a bigger tube than the sample so yay hygenic squeeze tubes. The price is $20 or $21 at Duane Reade (it looks like it's $22 online) so it's more than I've spent on a small tube of treatment but still less than most other effective ones. In conclusion, I'd buy the fullsize after finishing my sample, which I think I could get another 2-3 weeks out of. Definitely give it a shot, nothing works totally over-night but this stuff has done a pretty decent job in only 3 days so I guess it's the closest I can get to my HG :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by ohsailor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product because I've had such success with Avene Cleanance cleanser. I also was interested as it was a mainstream branded product available in the high street which contained BHA and AHA.
Initially, this was an amazing product. It dealt effectively with blemishes and every day I woke up, my skin looked better and better. However, it does reach a point in which it doesn't improve any more, potentially due to the strength of the BHA and AHA.
The effects will tail off and it there comes a time when it won't get any better and more stronger products may need to be used if there continues to be a problem with PIH.
I used this on holiday - a time when unfortunately, I did not keep up my usual obsessive skin care routine and my skin erupted. I continued to use Cleanance K in the hope that it might help but my skin got worse and worse as Cleanance K isn't for moderate acne.
It isn't strong enough for moderate cases which is disappointing but neither are most high street products.
The packaging is excellent - hygenic and easy to pump out as much of the product as necessary.
I worry that the consistency is quite clogging and seems quite thick despite the fact that there is a gel-like consistency. It can be quite tacky once applied and takes a while to dry.
The pricing from Boots, the retailer in the high street, was on par with most other more high-end French brands and I would consider it value for money as it has far more active ingredients than a lot of other products from other companies.

I would probably re-purchase this if my acne hadn't got considerably worse as Cleanance K just won't be able to tackle it.

I have rated it three out of five overall because Cleanance K definitely has its benefits but I think it will only be effective for really mild cases of acne or for people whose skin just needs brightening and chemically exfoliating.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Kunnar

This product is "ok".

I used it in a moment when I was not having too much acne but my biggest problem were the fresh red marks left by acne.
It helped.
Of course, cause it contains AHA (Glycolic acid and lactic acid which help in exfoliating and in brightening the skin).
What I don't like about this product, even though many people have been loving it, is the feel it leaves on my skin: yes it feels smooth, but it is because of the massive amount of silicones which are inside.
The second ingredient is Cyclomethicone, a silicon. It is NOT our skin that feels smooth, it is just the silicon which feels smooth. This is also what is clogging the pores of many people here: too much silicon gets stuck there.

I give a lot of importance to the ingredients now. I didn't, when I bought this product. Won't buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by gale2509

I really wanted to love this product after years of using avene water and the soapless cleansing gel. I've been experiencing a very stubborn, bizarre breakout on either side of my chin. I was really hoping this would be the one product to show some results. I've been using this product every night for 2 months after double cleansing, it burns like hell for starters, also has a very distinct smell of vinegar, which definitely threw me?! It doesn't appear to have made a single bit of difference, in fact I'm now suffering a lot more redness in the areas on my chin and temples that I'm applying this product. I rarely write a product off without good reason but IMO this is not worth wasting money on. It's a thumbs down from me ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by cookielips

This is probably the only treatment which i saw an improvement on my acne. I brought it from a recommendation from a esthetician. She said in the first 4 weeks, my skin will show more blemish/acne because the product is working in my skin, but after you will see improvement.

She was right. i did see an improvement. My skin appears more clearer than before. What's left on my skin is some hyperpigmentation from the blemish and certain pimple that always come back on the same spot. My skin is less red than before. I'm just happy my acne is actually healing itself. It takes time. You can't ever pick on the pimple. All your effort will be wasted because what's the use of aggravating it.

The mistake i did is as soon as my skin was pimple free. I used Arcona the solution to treat the hyperpigmentation left by the pimple. I got break-outs and i had to repeat the whole process of 4 weeks of exfoliating all the impurities, etc. And i used non comodogenic makeup...

So to keep and to gradually improve your nearly-pimple free skin, you can't stop the treatment. It's a long time commitment. I once didn't put any treatment on my face, and my acne was so bad, my skin is red, etc. So i will always repurchase this product since i lost faith on my dermatologist.

The only inconvenient is how it sits on your skin. It's like oily residue sitting on your skin. So i only use at night.

Also i recommend using a spot treatment if you feel a pimple coming up. This product improve most of your skin but there's always this annoying pimple that come up.

my skin routine consist of alpha h balancing cleanser, avene cleanance k and la roche posay effaclar k (for my spot, it supposed to do the same thing as cleanance k, but it didn't work for me. I didn't want to waste the product so i put a dap of the product on a pimple. After 3 days, the pimple is gone. But in my case, when a pimple is gone, it leave a dark spot --- hyperpigmentation.)
i have been using this product daily for 2 months and still using it. There's some stubborn pimple that needs more time. So i hope in 2 months, something will dissapear. Hope it was helpful for some of you.

Also i have combinaison skin, but it gets oily when it's my time of the month.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Maddieo87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It made my skin itchy. Why there is no oil free moisturiser for this range is beyond me. This exacerbated my acne. :(