October 21, 2014 | 1615 users online

Eyeliner - Chanel - Automatic Liquid Eyeliner

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2010 8:21:00 AM More reviews by schixzotic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this on an absolute whim in the Hong Kong airport. One of the worst whim buys I ever made!
I've never been able to wear this out of the house because of the difficulty in application. The liquid comes out in dots and dribbles and doesn't soak the pen brush right through. When I eventually threw this away, half the brush was still white in colour. =.= And believe me, I once tried waiting for 5 minutes to see if the dot would soak through. It didn't.
The liquid tends to form in a huge dot on the brush when you click-turn the dispenser once (just once!), and it's nearly impossible to apply it accurately precisely because the dot is so big! Also, the amount of ink that comes out is irregular. I always ended up with more ink on one eye than the other, unless I drained some ink off the brush with a tissue paper first - which was such a messy and fiddly thing to have to do.
Also, the colour was extremely weak, and I had to keep going over it to get a black (as opposed to greyed out) line. I would expect it to flake during the day if I'd managed to wear it out - I had to apply such a thick layer of liquid to get a black line!
I threw this away after 10 failed attempts to use it. Such a waste of money!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by knightrider

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update: I find that it dries up fast (in the "pen"). I haven't used it that long (so I cannot have used it up) and I always put the cap on... So I give it 3 instead of 4
I now use gel liner with a brush instead (Sigma - E10 Small Eye Liner, which is pretty similar to this eyeliners tip.)

Original: This is the only eyeliner I can get perfect everytime, and I really suck at eyeliners!! :) The tip is very "pointy", so I can get a very fine line if I want to, and a thicker line if I want to. It dries fast on me. Too bad it is so expensive. But I don't have to buy a new one so often, so I will survive :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by ohbother325

This is my all time favorite eyeliner. HG all the way!! I've been using it for a few years now and I can't go without it. I agree with some of the other reviews that said that there is an uneven amount that comes out when you click it but I've used this liner for so long that I've learned how to get just the right amount. I don't turn the bottom all the way, just half way and I have just the right amount for my upper lid ( I don't line the lower ). It stays in place all day without smudging or flaking and the pigment is the perfect shade of brown. The only con I can think of is that there's not a lot of warning before I run out of liner. It's not like a pencil where you can tell when you're at the end. I always have a 2nd one on hand for when I run out. I think this liner is worth every penny.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I agree with gigiberry on this product 100%. Im a huge fan of liquid eyeliner, and my HG has always been lancomes artliner- the l'oreal version is a great alternative by the way. I was at the airport and had some euros i wanted to spend and came across chanel counter. I bought this liner as well as the kohl black pencil and i dont like either- waste of money considering one is already in the bin after 3 days (this one!). Too much product comes out, you cannot control it. With my artliner it takes me 30 secs to do both eyes and i get a beautiful precise line, with this it looked a thick mess. I had to keep going over it too, the colour was so weak. I was expecting something amazing from this liner but its in the bin waste of space (and money.....)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by gigiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sadly I did not like this. I am a liquid liner fiend and usually wear a subdued pinup eye everyday so am always on the hunt for new liquid liners. Unfortunately, this was a disappointment. First of all, you cannot control how much product is dispensed. One click would often have the liner oozing out, which would result in a lot of product waste and messy application. It didn't apply smoothly and I often had to go over the line several times to get a true black line. It also flaked throughout the day. L'oreal's lineur intense liquid liner on the other hand is fabulous!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by MaggieN

I just bought this eyeliner when I was in Hawaii, I've also used it about 3 or so times when I was in Hawaii. I application is not that hard considering that this is a liquid eyeliner. I shake the pen and turn it once or twice to start the ink flowing, it is easy to make a thin line, this is the first liquid eyeliner that I've used that I can draw a thin line on my lower lash line without looking like a clown. I've bought black since the brown appear too light, I would draw the lines on the upper lash line overlapping a couple of times so that I color is dark enough. The eyeliner stays and last all day without much smearing if I don't touch or rub my eyes. Beware though that this eyeliner is not waterproof, so if you cry or use eye drops, the eyeliner will fade or smear.
Update: when I first use this eyeliner, I also used an eye primer underneath, so the liner lasts longer, but since using this eyeliner without a primer - it doesn't perform that well, the liner still fade and smear after more than couple of hours, for the price that I paid ($34 and tax) I expected this liner to be alot better than all the other liquid eyeliner I've used ( which is lancome artiner, loreal liquid eyeliner, revlon, etc), the lasting powder is not better than lancome artliner but the only think I like this better than artliner is the application tip - more stable than artliner, therefore, I can draw liner at lower lash, whereas I can't with the arliner, but I don't think I'll buy again for $34.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so disappointed. I had a great thing going on with this one liner and I really thought it lasted all day. It is so easy to wear and put on. But no, it does not do the trick anymore. It is totally gone by the end of the day. I havent found my HG yet, but I think I try Revlon colorstay next...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by varindamichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like all the Chanel products I have tried i love this eyeliner, it goes on flawlessly and doesnt move through the whole day even in the summer, i took off one lippie, because i did notice that i had to do two coats for it to be opaque. but other than that wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by tallulah_starr

Without doubt the best liquid eyeliner I have tried. Easy to apply, always goes on smoothly, doesn't budge until removed (easily) at the end of the day. Have repurchased twice and will continue to do so. My HG eyeliner!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Mizukii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When looking for a new liquid eyeliner, the SA recommended me this. A pen liner wasn't actually what I was looking for, but I tried it anyway. Turns out I quite like this product. Packaging is simple and sleek, easy to carry around. The product itself isn't so bad at all. It's easy to apply (easier then the liquid liners with a brush I normally use) Perfect for when I'm in a rush or just plain lazy. I have this in black and well.. the color really is black. However while applying I sometimes have to go over some parts again because it's not yet black enough, but in the end it's really black. Drying time is short, which is good :) A big con of this product is that you can't fully control the amount of liquid liner that will be dispensed. This is the reason I still like liquid eyeliners with a brush more.
Considering the price, this eyeliner is quite expensive. However it's worth trying since it's quite good.. I honestly never thought I'd like this eyeliner so much.