September 19, 2014 | 908 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Facial Cotton

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Do your face a favour and try these cotton pads. The price makes one a bit wary, but since purchasing a pack, I'm pretty much a convert. In addition to being more effective than the average drugstore variety, it has a luxurious feel to its softness that I've not encountered with another brand. Not to be crass, but it's like the difference between single and multi-ply toilet paper! Your skin is sensitive and as it's constantly exposed to an arsenal of beauty products, it makes sense to treat it GENTLY when you're taking off the day.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Simple product but these cotton squares are awesome. If you use cotton balls or pads in your skincare routine at all, you should try these at least once. Almost no product gets wasted- it all ends up on the skin instead of soaked up into the cotton. So even though these cotton squares are expensive ($9.50 at Sephora) they end up saving you a fortune in the long run because you're using so much less of your liquid products. One package of 165 lasts forever too, you get a lot for your $9.50- and they're softer than soft, absolutely luxurious.
My only complaint about this product is the packaging, it's a soft plastic bag without any type of ziploc closure. It's incredibly basic, I wish they'd come up with a more elegant solution. But all in all, I LOVE this product- would repurchase again and again!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by DinaC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These cotton squares cost way more than the ones you can buy in the drugstore, but they are worth it. The cotton is extremely fine and incredibly soft. If your skin is sore or sensitive, you'll feel the difference immediately. I use a retin-A product that sometimes makes my skin feel tender, so the extra softness of these cotton squares is great. Also, the cotton squares absorb liquid products like toner easily and transfer it to your skin without any rubbing or tugging. The cotton squares come in a plastic wrap that keeps them clean and dry. Extra tip: The Container Store sells a lucite box that is the perfect size to hold a stack of these squares on your bathroom counter or in your cabinet.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best cotton ever. It doesn't soak up all my expensive product, leaving plenty for my face: what used to require two to three pumps of Koh Gen Do Spa Cleansing Water to saturate a cheaper pad now only takes a single pump, saving me more than the difference in price between drugstore and department store pads. Shiseido cotton is incredibly soft, too, it doesn't at all lint or fuzz. You can also separate the pad into as many layers as you'd like, and each package contains more than 150 pads. My sole gripe is the packaging. I wish that there was a better way to open the bag and remove pads; this will not keep me from repurchasing, however.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by feelingcold

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I realize that spending $9 on cotton pads seems insane, but I find that in the end the cheap ones cost me just as much. I often use three cheap pads to take off nail polish, but I only use one of these. I can put a small amount of toner on one pad and clean my whole face without it becoming dry or falling apart.

What really sold me on these was that I can take off eye makeup without leaving my eyelids red and swollen. I use to go to bed with panda eyes because rubbing my eyelids with rougher cotton pads would cause them to swell badly. I have yet to irritate my eyelids using these.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Mariezy

I imagined the cotton squares to be a bit bigger than they were (about 1 inch by 1 inch), and was disappointed to find that they were so small. Other than that, they were soft like people said they were, and didn't break apart like the $2 packs that I buy at Wal-Mart.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by lovetoshop31

After all the reviews and people telling me I should try these I finally bought some while in Sephora a couple months ago. I will say that this facial cotton is the softest makeup removing pad to ever go near my eye area. I think my eye area will thank me later. Other brands and cotton balls/pads are rough and tough on my sensitive skin. I will buy these over and over again. I usually use one side for one eye, the other side for the other eye. These will last you forever. I know some people say they cut them in half. Do your eyes/face a favor and get these if you have sensitive skin or have been on the fence. Def. worth the $10.00 (:

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Manue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are my favourite cotton pads to remove makeup and wash my face. They are a little pricier than other brands at $9 a pack, but they are so much softer. It doesn't aggravate my sensitive, redness-prone skin. The pack lasts a long time too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't want to like these. After all, c'mon, 9 bucks for a bag of facial cotton? It started out with the Sephora SA giving me a bag of samples to go home with. (Thanks.) I cut them in half. I only use them with my Eudermine. They are by far the softest cotton I have ever felt on my face. They hold the Eudermine in and none is wasted. I can precisely use an amount and for what the toner/softener costs, perhaps that's a good thing. The softness is important on my face. If I were to use these in taking off nail polish, I wouldn't care. But I don't. They don't fall apart. They stay in one piece. They don't fuzz apart at all. No strings of cotton. It's almost as if they are a piece of cotton cloth. So I am actually using one cut into two and that's for my entire face and that's good enough for me. Right now I'm focusing on my Eudermine, but I have tried them in my OCM for taking off eye makeup. Again, exceedingly soft, no pull, no cotton frizz left behind. It's a good thing not to tug around the eyes anyway.I didn't want to like them...but I did. A guilty pleasure for me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm hooked on these cotton pads for life. I'll never go back to the drugstore cotton balls, especially the 'generic' brands. My skin is very sensitive (rosacea and hormonal acne) so I need to be gentle with it.

These cotton pads are super soft and non-abrasive. For economic's sake, I'll cut them in half to get more use out of them. These cotton pads are definitely worth the money.