July 22, 2014 | 1279 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Blankety

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Lilymon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Just got this and I love it. So creamy my lips are very dry but with this lippy I don't have to worry about them. Color is a nice nude slightly pink. One of my favorites now. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm an nc15-nc20 and this lipstick does not wash me out its more of a brown/beige nude with a slight pink tone I usually go for more pinky nudes but i love the colour it looks slightly mauve on me I love application of this lipstick its so creamy I prefer amplified over cremesheen as its more moisturising I find

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nice pinky nude. Feels nice on the lips, not drying. I'm NC15 and sometimes I need to use a colored gloss over top so I don't look washed out. Looks great paired with smoky eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Total HG!!! My bullet at 1/3 height and I already have 3 backups.I only go for nude, subtle pink. Blankety works brillantly on my lips (my lip but way better). I dun even need a mirror for touchup.

Asian
NC20-25

Edit: 16 May 2014
It is still one of my fav, do not go wrong nude lipstick. If it does not work for you, try "cancelling" out the natural colour of your lip by using a lip concealer before applying lipstick of any colour. Colour stayed more true.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by GraceMcC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This my go-to nude, everyday, MLBB lipstick. I'm fair but on the warmer side (NC20). I'm fairly picky about what nudes lipstick I like to wear and this is the top for me. It was a very slight pink undertone which is what I look for in a nude lipstick. It's an "amplified" finish so the color payoff is great. A great dupe for this I've recently discovered is Loreal Colour Riche lipstick in "Fairest Nude"

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by glitter65

This is def a beautiful nude beige with slight pink undertones, not peachy at all to me. I have dark hair, green eyes and tanned skin and needed a nude lipstick to compliment a smoky eye. Not something that looked like a concealer or a white out look mind you. This is my HG nude lip look. I paired it with stripdown liner and sinnamon gloss and it is the look I was searching high and low for. I love the texture of the lipstick as well, very creamy and forgiving of cracks and not drying. For reference I have used everything from EL, Lancome, Merle Norman, Nars, Christian Dior and this is my pick.. I see myself investing in further lipcolors from MAC, at $14 it's not much more than drug store brands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Favorite lipstick and I've got upwards of a hundred individual shades, this one is always the one that ends up on my lips. It's the very perfect nude/neutral lip for me. I'm pretty pale, NC15-NC20, seasonally. I've got tons of freckles and I've got dark hair. This lipstick totally sets off any look I'm trying to accomplish, be it a colorful eye or a neutral eye, or nothing else at all. The formula isn't drying but because it's not, it doesn't want to stick around for long. If it was any less pretty, I wouldn't like it for this reason but because it is just the right neutral nude, I can keep reapplying. It's a creamy consistency, little to no scent, and of course the sleek MAC packaging. Overall, this lipstick is one I won't mind paying for over and over again. It's a staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

my hg nude lip combo

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

I agree with other reviews- this lipstick is definitely a pretty shade of nude/pink, but can also wash you out if you arent careful. I would recommend putting a little gloss on top if its too flat. I originally saw it on one of the sales associates at MAC, and thought her lips looked amazingly soft and light natural pink. It looks great with a darker smoky eye. For me, I need some blush to make me look more alive, but I love the softness of this color, and how it tones down my naturally red lips. I would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I want to start this review by saying that I was never a believer of nudes ever working on me. Not now, not ever. I have an NC20 skin tone with pigmented, red-toned lips and many nudes tend to make me look washed out for some reason. This colour worked for me, but it seems like those who are around the same skin tone as me or lighter and have lighter pigmented lips have issues with this shade.
Not for me, strangely. On me, this is a subdued, beige-pink nude colour on my lips. Now, everyone's definition of nude can vary, but I have two: 1) MLBB shades, or 2) subdued lips that are the same shade or lighter than your skin tone. I have plenty of MLBB shades, but it was really hard for me to find definition #2 nudes that worked on me. For the first time, I could wear a subdued nude colour that didn't make me look dead!
Like others have said, if it works for you has a Brigitte Bardot-esque type of sex appeal. There is a healthy sheen to this color due to the amplified creme finish. It enhances my full lips and takes it up a notch. That being said, because it is a 'subdued nude' it won't take away from the rest of your whole makeup look, making it versatile.
One of my favourite lipstick finishes from MAC IS the amplified creme finish. In my experience, it is creamy, has a beautiful glide when applied and truly stays put for three to four hours without reapplying. It is not drying in the least, and my lips get chapped very easily due to the climate of the Canadian plains.
This is definitely a lipstick that you have to try before you buy. I was very skeptical about this particular colour, but I'm glad that I did. I was quite surprised this worked on NC40's, so I don't think this is a particularly discriminating lipstick ;)