August 2, 2014 | 1570 users online

Gels/Soaps - Burt's Bees - Baby Bee Buttermilk Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by annoyed187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried the bar and tear-free wash in this, and I love them. The bar is NOT good for my hair, although it says it is a shampoo bar. It may work okay on babies. I use the bar under my arms to get "squeaky clean" and the liquid everywhere else. It makes my one year old smell so sweet, and it is free of chemicals, parabens, pthalates, etc. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2006 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Tatika

OH LORD!! dont get me started! i bought like 5 of them on clearance at CVS, and i went throught them like grease lightening! they smell oh so delicious, they leave me feeling very soft and clean, and its just my little indulging..i find it kind of innocently luxurious..the price is somewhat steep for the amount of bar they give you...but its worth it for the luxury i feel it gives me...so it gets four lippies from me! im definately rebuying when i can splurge on a few bars at a time...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2006 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is pretty good. Softens and smells soo clean. Doesn't leave too much residue, and lasts for quite a while. Does give a creamy lather that I love.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2006 7:40:00 PM More reviews by LizM9

Yummy, soft, soap. Gentle scent, great lather, very softening, safe and simple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2006 12:08:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I am reviewing the Baby Bee Buttermilk Soap (new version with less fragrance).

Even though this is supposed to be a less-fragranced version, I still get a whiff of this odd, plasticky note mixed with a 'soapy' scent. For some reason, the Baby Bee stuff either smells delicious (the oil or perfume solid) or weirdly stale (the cream). This soap unfortunately falls into the latter category. It's not very strong, but I wish it weren't there at all.

That being said, this is a very nice soap. I'd been previously using MOR vegetable soap in Persian Peach, which smelled wonderful but dried my skin out badly. I actually still have 75% of that bar, but am contemplating throwing it out because it's so drying. This Baby Bee soap is great, though--it even felt like it'd be and moisturizing when I held it (dry) in my hand. It is a nicely hand-friendly round shape and gives a nice, creamy lather that is much more gentle on my skin. It just feels really good and lightly moisturizes my skin (or at least, doesn't dry it out). Ingredients list is great and the price isn't bad either, and unlike Dove, it doesn't get mushy in the shower. Now if only they could make this smell like the body oil, I'd be set! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2006 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Corinthe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's weird so many people hate this, because I really like it! There's less packaging, no freaky chemicals, and its easy to use. Plus, I like the way my hair looks and behaves with this soap. I have very fine hair which normally just lays there all limp. Most shampoos just strip the heck out of my hair and then I need a conditioner to keep it static-free, but then it gets weighed down. Right now it is the dead of winter (dry as heck) and I can use just this bar and my hair gets a nice bit of body to it. I don't know whether that's because it is so gentle some of my hair's oil is left on, or because some soap residue remains. There is almond oil in this, perhaps that's the secret. If your hair is thick, I can see how this probably won't work for you. Also, I lather the bar in my hands and rub the suds into my hair, rather than rubbing the bar directly on my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2005 9:01:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this on myself for a full week before reviewing it...and it deserves all the praise others have heaped on it! I found this soap to be very gentle and not as drying as most other soaps. It smells wonderful, very sweet (like honey) but not too overpowering.

Of course, it is a soap and for extremely dry skin or in extreme dry climate it would probably be drying. But until the temperature here drops below freezing again I'll be using this in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2005 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ashersmom

I bought a baby bee trial kit to try this soap, and i LOVE it. It smells great on my baby, doesn't irritate his skin, and lathers just enough. I have even used it on his hair when he needs that washed. The smell is delicate, unlike the regular Burt's Bees line, and is a nice complement to the Baby Bee Buttermilk lotion (which we also like).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2005 11:28:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

Love! Bar does not last as long as triple milled soaps (which are probably not <50% natural) but it sooo good for your skin being highly natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2005 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Alexandralexa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am crazy for the Baby Bee line. It smells so yummy, just as described, like an apricot tart, sweet, yet fresh. Staying power of the the soap and Buttermilk Lotion is good as well. I am going to order the solid fragrance next. I don't know what took me so long to try this line. Yum! Burt's Bees does not test on animals.