August 29, 2014 | 1863 users online

Nails - Zoya - Remove + Nail Polish Remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never had an issue with cracking, peeling, or splitting nails until I had kids and got into my 30's. With age, responsibilities, and more housework, my nails started peeling and splitting really bad, cutting them short didn't help because they'd start to peel further back, making my nails weaker than ever. I couldn't even maintain 1 mm of length. I bounced back from acetone to non-acetone nail polish removers, nail strengtheners, vitamins, and hand cremes. At one time I even spent 20 bucks on a nail strengthener/treatment from Butter London that didn't do anything for me. For awhile I stopped painting my nails but I never gave up the addiction to buy nail polish. As Zoya's Ornate collection came around, I really wanted to try out their holographic polishes and with that order came a free sample of their nail polish remover. My nails literally changed course in 3 days. The first time I used it, I could tell there was a massive difference in the way my nails looked and felt. It was like giving water to a dried up plant on the verge of dying. I've now been using this remover for two weeks almost everyday and on my right hand, the index and middle finger were the worst and they've grown out a mm without any peeling, cracking, or splitting. All my nails are at an even length which was so frustrating to achieve before. They are definitely stronger and healthier looking just like they were when I was a teenager. I never paid more than $3 for nail polish remover in my life because in my mind I always thought they're all the same, and while to some people Zoya's price point may seem like frivolous spending, but when you take into account all the nail treatments you may be spending your money on, you could just invest in quality polish remover and an inexpensive base nail polish treatment. I always did it the other way around, going with the cheapest nail polish remover and expensive treatments. Now I'm just using Nail Aid collagen builder which was 4 bucks from wal-mart and Zoya's +.
In conclusion, I'd highly recommend this remover before you invest in an expensive nail care regime because as I've learned the hard way, strengthening nail polishes and the like won't make a difference if your remover is crap.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great polish remover! I received a free 2 oz. sample with my last Zoya order and, to be honest, I didn't have any really high expectations for it since it is "just" polish remover. I was wrong. Zoya has found a way to make a polish remover that is fast and effective. I love that it doesn't smear my polish all over my fingers as I'm removing it, like other removers do. An added plus is that it conditions nails and preps them for the application (and longer wear) of polish. As for the smell that some reviewers complained about, I don't have an issue with the scent. I don't find it strong, nor do I find it offensive. Yes, it's a bit pricey for nail polish remover but, then again, it's not just any nail polish remover. I'm a fan!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by breakfasting

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great polish remover! Thorough and efficient are words I'd use to describe this product. The packaging is brilliant, it's almost impossible to spill, dispenses the perfect amount of product, and keeps acetone fumes from leaking out and giving me a headache while I'm taking off my polish. The smell is even vaguely pleasant as far as nail polish removers go. One word of advice: remember to lock the dispenser closed before snapping the lid shut or you'll squirt it all over your hand. I did say it was ALMOST impossible to spill.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by MandyLeigh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not too big of a fan of Zoya polishes but I did end up paying for the little pump of the stuff becuase I heard how great it was and wanted to try it. First, the pump is very well made. I've refilled it over and over and the lid and pump work great.

For the product, I loved it so much that when the huge bottles went on a BOGO, I bought two of them. Now $50 for polish remover may seem crazy for just one person but getting two huge bottles of this product for free was worth it. I have enough to last me a lifetime and I've got people asking if they can have some too. This allows me to share.

I do think it is a great thing to use prior to applying your base coat. It does prepare your nail bed with out being abusive to your skin. You won't get a sticky feeling either but I do recommend a good rinse if you have just removed polish or you will.

The smell: For me, I felt like it was not as strong smelling as the non-acetone products I've tried before however it's still a polish remover. I wouldn't recommend using it and keeping it shut up in a room. (I've done this before! lol) unless you have a covered can. It will linger. I dump my cotton into the kitchen garbage when I am done since that one is covered.

Another thing I found valuable is if I get a polish that has been dirtied by say another polish breaking or simply becuase it sat around a salon for so long, this does not remove the paint on the bottle that was meant to stay. It does not leave a sticky residue either. It cleans up the lids beautifully and it does a pretty decent job on glitter. Careful on the bottom labels, use too much and it will remove ink.

Like I said earlier the price is a little spendy but for the amount in get in the largest bottles (25$ each) it will take you a long way and give you more benefits then most. Especially when you do catch it on a BOGO. I would gladly do that again and continue to refill my pump bottle and anyone else around me who needs some too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Shekthecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worked wonderfully as a remover, but the scent is evil. I had tossed the cotton that I used into my bedside wastebasket and I swear the scent lingered all night and woke me up more than once. May look into Loodie's recipe.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Kallia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a small bottle of Remove + with my last Zoya order. I really don't like the smell of this product. The fragrance is headache inducing and lingers. I'm not one sensitive to fragrance, either. We use home fragrance, B&B fragrance, & I love me some perfume and essential oils. I'm reminded of Aveda fragranced products which don't bother me. I am not sure why this one does.

As for removal, it works well when following the directions on the Zoya website: saturate a cotton ball, hold the cotton on the polished nail for a few seconds, then wipe clean. It took a few wipes for my 3 coats, but did the job decently. If I can get past the smell, I'd love to try this in a scrubby tub. Once I use it up, I will not purchase as it is too cost prohibitive. $4.60 for 2 oz of Remove could get me a nice sized bottle of acetone and enough glycerine to go with it. I normally use Loodie's recipe and am very satisfied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

by far, the best polish remover i have tried. it takes little product to remove even the intense colors that tends to stain the nails and does a good job taking off glitter nail polish too. it doesnt have that horrific acetone smell that gives me a headache so i will keep repurchasing this one from now. done with nail polish remover hunt!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this remover, it removes even glitter polish with ease! I don't mind the price just because of how well it works! I'm not a fan of the bottle though, even though others seem to like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by ABrushWthBeauty

I've used most every nail polish remover there is and Zoya Remove+ is my favorite! It works well without how to rub and rub and at the same time it is moisturizing. I like the pump bottle. The only down side to Remove + is the cost. I purchase the 32 oz. bottle off Zoya's website and it comes out cheaper in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This is a great acetone polish remover and I went through gallons of it before I learned how to make my own version thanks to the Nail Board. I loved Remove + so much because it removes polish so easily yet never dried out my nails, no matter how often I changed my polish. Unfortunately, Remove + is ridiculously expensive and even more expensive if you go through it as much as I do.

The Nail Board's recipe for homemade Remove + is 1-2 tablespoons of glycerine for every 200 ml of pure acetone. I use this recipe but I don't measure my ingredients. I buy my acetone in 32 oz. bottles and I dump about half of that into an old 32 oz. Remove + bottle, followed by about 1/4 cup of glycerine and just enough distilled water to blend the acetone and glycerine together. I don't know how much water that is since I never measure but I'm guess it's about a couple of tablespoons. I have gone through gallons of this stuff and I will never go back to paying through the nose for Remove +. Also, I didn't think I minded the fragrance of Remove + but now that I'm using my own fragrance free remover, Remove + seems downright stinky to me and I can't go back to using it.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No