July 29, 2014 | 2043 users online

Cleansers - Biore - Blemish Fighting Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2007 12:46:00 AM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this review is posted in the other review of the same product (why are there two? lol) rating based on original product, but i will not repurchase the new formula :{

original was written 6.2.07 then i edited on 6.21.07:
"i cant believe i have not written a review for this yet! i have been using it for months-i used to use marks lets be clear, but i stopped buying when i quit being a mark rep. i wanted something d/s that was comparable & this is better! it smells like cucumber and has an icy cool feeling when i first apply it. zit-wise it is the same as LBC, but i like that the cooling aspect helps reduce the redness on my cheeks. i use it as a mask too, about once a week-i leave it on for 15 minutes then rinse off. best d/s cleaner i have found, and its 2% SA. (same as LBC). i love the pump bottle; will def repurchase, esp for the price. i paid $5 for it at Target, and am almost done with my first bottle (going on 6 months of use here-pretty cool!)

EDIT: 6.21.07 went to Target today to get a new bottle-didnt even notice until i washed my face with it thats it is a "new and improved formula" with lavender oil and eucalyptus. it STUNG and my face is all red :{ if it isnt broke dont fix it! will not repurchase this. hopefully there is something in the same line that isn't "improved" and is still "normal". grrr biore, just GRRRRRRR."

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2005 3:17:00 PM More reviews by sweetyg3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product really did not do anything for my skin. Bottom line, it did not help my blemishes, nor did it do anything worse for my skin. While I was using this, I still had the oily, blemish proned skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2005 12:11:00 PM More reviews by AngieJolie

Horrible product!! This stuff irritated my face and the number of zits increased. It's too harsh to use everyday!! I have combo skin and for a while, i thought my face will never clear up until i switched to ROC purif-AC cleaser which is much more milder.

Word of caution: if you happen to never have experienced acne before (like me: i started to get acne 6 months ago and i'm 23), try to use the mildest anti-bacterial cleanser you can find FIRST, before giving up and getting the STRONGER stuff, and give your skin about 28 days to see if the cleanser works for you. You need a full skin cycle to notice any difference. If the cleanser doesn't work for you, that is when you should try something a bit more stronger. Don't start to use the harsh stuff right away (like i did) because you might worsen your acne. Believe me, when they say that acne can happen anytime in your life due to your hormone levels, it is true but the product you use on your face can really screw up your skin's PH balance which is why you need to start with something mild. This stuff DRIES your face and you DO NOT WANT THAT because the level of sebum increases when your skin lacks moisture which makes your hormone levels produce MORE oil and therefore MORE ACNE. If i wouldve known this before, my skin would have cleared up a long time ago.

Anyways, this biore cleanser is real bad. The reason why it's called ice cleanser is because it contains ingredients that irritate the skin which is a way to fool you into believing that this stuff "cleaned" your face deep down. Many companies use this trick to make their clientele believe that the product is working, like ORIGINS, which is a bad idea because using these product actually harm your skin rather than helping or curing. Salicyclic acid is not supposed to BURN your face, therefore the tingling sensation does not come from salicyclic acid but by some non-medicinal ingredients like mint or eucalyptus or, god forbid, some nasty chemicals. In addition, this cleanser doesn't even have a list of ingredients.

I hope this review helped anyone thinking of purchasing this bottle of POISON. I really discourage anyone from using this. There's better out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2005 10:21:00 AM More reviews by stefdo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the fact that this product has a pump. Removes makeup well. It is just too drying for me. I'm 36 with oily sensitive skin. Might be good for people that are younger with oily skin or as an occasional cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2005 11:32:00 PM More reviews by devoted2makeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

while i normally like biore cleansers i'll not buy this again. the gel imo felt very thick and sticky. if you use one pump of product to wash with, (normally most products for me take one or two pumps to get the right amount i need to wash with) but with one pump of this you'd really have too much. then of course since you used too much you have to rinse and rinse and rinse again to get the leftover residue off your face. it feels like you have some type of sticky glue remnants on your skin cause it's not as easy to rinse clean off. it didn't break me out, but didn't clear anything up either.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2004 7:18:00 PM More reviews by AndiSue1970

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser for a couple of years. I use it at night usually switching between this and Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser. Both get my make-up off and keep my acne away. The pump dispenser is hygenic does not clog up.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2004 3:15:00 PM More reviews by tweezerr11

Great salycilic acid treatment, it only contains .05% and is great for an occasional MILD breakout. I use from time to time to keep my face zit free. I don't use it everyday, as the salycilic acid is too harsh for my skin. Good every few days. It also is good to clean up breakouts that have already occurred, works instantly to drie up and cure zits. A great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2004 4:35:00 AM More reviews by orch_id

ouch! could only use this for a short time before it began to irritate my skin, too drying...it actually made my acne worse while adding redness and shine from my skin trying to adjust to the harshness.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2004 5:07:00 PM More reviews by sweethart028

This was good for me. Not fond of the scent though. After using it for about 3 days my face was clear of blemishes. Although it's very drying to skin at least it dries out pimples so I always use a mousterizer after this. I'd say its priced right.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2004 1:35:00 AM More reviews by XxTwinklexX

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmm, not bad. Not big on the scent, but not bad. My skin feels soft after washing, but I always end up using moisturizer, which isn't a big deal :-)