October 22, 2014 | 1419 users online

Treatments (Face) - Honey

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by OhKitsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love honey masks. I use them once a day, afternoon if I am not working or night if I work.

After cleansing, I would apply a thin layer of cold raw honey mixed with little lemon juice on my face and let it be from 30 mins to 2 hours. My skin feels soft and smooth after washing and honey is so easy to wash off! With the aid of the lemon, it helps to keep acne off and slowly fades scars.

So far I've not had breakouts caused by honey but be sure to use raw honey and only apply a thin layer! Try not to be in a heaty place as it melts easily and can cause a mess.

I've oily/combi and acne-prone skin and I swear by honey as a natural (but slow) way to treat and upkeep your skin. It does require diligence but it makes your skin feel very healthy!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Fridaymarch

I just try it under my eyes. It works not bad

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by MollyElise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried honey on my face and was not impressed.

HOWEVER, Honey for dry lips? AWESOME! Honey does a great job exfoliating and moisturizing chapped lips. Of course it also tastes delicious which is a big plus when you are putting a product on your lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Glitterz484

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried honey as a facial cleanser countless times, hoping it would help to balance out my skin and calm my breakouts. Sadly, it seems to do the opposite for me. My skin is always more oily and broken out the next day, guaranteed. I have very sensitive skin, so maybe that's to blame? *Sigh* back to the drawing board.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by AnnaPetrelli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I don't use this on my face. I've tried honey on my face and that just doesn't work. Anyways... for the hair this is GREAT! I mix it in a container with my conditioner and let it sit for a bit (10-15 min) while I shower and then I put in my hair, leave it for 30-40 min and rinse in cold water. Hair is healthy, soft and LIGHTER! Check out Andreaschoice on youtube, cause that's where I learnt it :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Stevierose44

Ok...first a little background. My skin has been CRAZY since I was like 12. I mean...crazy. Like split personality nutso. One week it's great...then it turns on me and for weeks on end is hideously red, broken out and shiny. I've battled acne since I was 12. Tried proactive...it worked...for like 2 seconds. Continued proactive for a year and finally weened myself off of it. My skin went through withdrawals from that stuff...not just redness and zits but it was like dirty...blackheads in places I had never had them. So I googled ways to get rid of blackheads and came across a honey mask. Tried it....and my skin looked like 10 times better after just a 30 minute mask...calmer...and clean!! So I saw how people used it as a face wash..._WOW. I've been using it for about a week now...washing twice a day and using an apple cider vinegar toner afterwards (1/2 acv 1/2 water) and my skin has not been this amazing since before I hit puberty. Almost all of the redness is gone...and the acv is helping with the marks I had from acne. No little bumps anymore and my pores look smaller. AND my skin is GLOWING. Who knew the answer to all of my problems was in my kitchen cabinet this whole time? The acv has also helped with oil balance and the honey makes my skin feel soo clean all day. Try it. Seriously it's amazing.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not the best thing left pimples on my cheeks...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by balancedbeauty

Every since puberty hit, i was always battling with acne. Some hormonal, others my own doing.
I was so busy adding more and more things into my routine that i THOUGHT was helping but was actually worsening the entire mess.
Well, anyways, i decided to go au naturale and simplify my entire skincare.
I read up about raw honey, specifically manuka honey, which my family had anyways so i started using it as a 30 minute mask every time i washed my face in place of a cleanser.
My face felt clean but breakouts kept on coming, whiteheads and stuff. After a month, i stopped using it.
But then, after an average result with the OCM, i decided to go back to if but as an actual face wash.
I don't know why but it worked better and cleared up my face more in a mere 2 minutes than an hour on my skin did.
After that, i hooked my face up with a honey toner. Every night after i finished cleansing, i massage a pea sized amount of honey on wet, not damp, skin, let it absorb for a minutes then dab off any excess.
I then, follow up with avocado oil (which i don't need as much now since the honey toner completely hydrates my skin).
The best thing is that it LIGHTENED MY STUBBORN HYPERPIGMENTATION. i saw the difference after 3 days, slight, but noticeable. I credit this to the toner, as honey releases hydrogen peroxide when it comes in contact with water. Peroxide is the stuff they use in OTC products to lighten and cure acne, only it is gotten from chemicals and synthetics and stuff while this one is natural.
Honey is an antibacterial and antifungal, with studies backing up its powerful benefits.
It also gives you a healthy glow and cleans out pores and loosen blackheads when you really massage it (needs to be kinda sticky though).
All in all its amazing and i use it for everything now! I so recommend it as a cleanser, toner, mask, spot treatment and supplement.

Oh and when its comes in contact with damp hands, dont worry, its not sticky at all and rinses of clean.
Definitely give it a try :)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by xVladilenax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I kept hearing about how great honey was for your skin so I went and bought locally produced raw organic honey. I was so eager to try it! I should have patch tested it on my arm to see if It would react but I didn't think It would since it was natural but boy was I wrong! After 30 seconds of having it on my face started burning and getting really itchy so I ran to the bathroom to wash it off and my face was so red and itchy and there was so bumps on it to. I now have a terrible rash :( I have never really used honey before and now have discovered I am allergic( only when I apply on skin I can eat it but it weirdly reacts with my skin :( )

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Hotpookas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe that washing my face with honey has given me the best skin I can remember. Clear, less oily, happy in general.
When I have time in the morning I make a mask with honey yogurt and aspirin/turmeric/cinnamon (or sometimes all 3) and the pores on my nose are totally clear.
You do have to use sonething first to take off makeup but cheap baby wipes and grapeseed oil for eyes works great. -EDIT- I use unscented generic non-flushable baby wipes with no problems but the other day I used a different kind and immediately had 6 clogged pores so be careful :)
I'm not positive but it seems like the manuka honey is a little more effective? Idk.
the hardest thing has been finding one that smells good (to me some don't) while not being so delicious that it's gone in 5 days. No exaggeration I've probably gained 5 pounds from eating so much honey. I feel like Winnie the Pooh.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No