Honey

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Honey, propolis (some versions)

on 7/27/2014 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

love this! i wear it as a mask which mix it with turmeric, Lemons, cinnamon or just use by itself its great for moisturizing my skin, brightening, everything! I'll keep repurchasing and recommending

on 7/14/2014 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have been using raw, organic honey to wash my face in the mornings for the past 9 months, and it is so soothing and moisturizing. I apply it on dry skin like a mask for about 7 minutes, then rinse off. It sloughs away dead skin cells and leaves my skin glowy. It also helps fade acne scars quicker. I use the YS Organic Bee farms brand, which seems to be the best quality and most expensive, but I think any raw organic honey will do.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I use honey in 2 ways and it works wonders for my super dry skin. I use it in a natural face scrub (honey, olive oil, lemon juice and sugar) in the morning before I apply makeup. This seriously leaves my skin feeling super smooth and it also helps to prevent my foundation clinging to any dry patches. This works far better than any shop bought face scrubs and as all the ingredients are natural it is far better for the skin. I definitely recommend this to anyone who suffers from extremely dry skin like myself. Secondly, when my skin is looking worse than usual, I use honey as a face mask. I leave this on for 30 minutes and remove it by steaming my face with a hot face cloth first then removing any excess with lukewarm water. This leaves my skin feeling amazing and also helps to prevent spots from forming on my face.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use raw honey as a facial masque (sometimes mixed with other natural ingredients). One of its benefits is its natural antibacterial properties. It can be a little expensive, but still far more affordable than most commercial skin products. Raw honey can also help reduce hyperpigmentation and scarring.

on 7/2/2014 9:24:00 PM

Tbh, i have horrible acne, cystic and just unimaginable. I have no dermatologists near to the place i live so i looked up on the internet and found out that honey can cure acne, let me tell you one thing, YES IT SERIOUSLY DOES. Ive been using it as a face mask after i clean my face with a bar soap (specific ones for your face) using warm water,i left it on for 30 minutes and washed it off with warm water and then washed my face again with cold water to close the pores. For the first week, it made my face smooth with no bumps ! And my cystic acne also disappeared ! Now im only treating my red acne marks since i have no more acne...and i only get acne cos of my hormones. Just use honey continously and DONT GIVE UP. Good things take time.

on 6/17/2014 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using honey on my face as a mask for almost 6 years now.
I buy the raw organic honey - put it on for 20 minutes in the morning.. then when I shower scrub it off with organic sugar. It really is the best scrub ever. I don't understand why people still buy face masks & scrubs full of harmful chemicals coming from god knows what factory. Just go to your local farmers market and support the individual rather than the industry !

on 6/13/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

With all the creams i tried for my sensitive skin,honey is the best moisturizing calming thing for it.I always use it after i wet my face with water.Always on a wet face!Otherwise it's difficult to spread and will not sink in.I use it mostly for cleaning my face and at night as a moisturizer,mixed with olive oil and a few drops of vitamin e oil,rub it between damp hands and pat it on my wet face.This method gives my extremely sensitive skin an incredible soothing feel.I also use honey as a face mask mixed with white clay.Even mix it with my hair conditioner to lighten hair.Never thought my skin would ever feel this comfortable,moisturized and firm.Amazing!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Please patch test before trying out the honey mask! While it did help tremendously once to reduce swelling, I was so red after I washed it off (by the way, this stuff washes off with no trouble at all, it's not sticky like you think it would be) that it didn't go away for 30 minutes. No pain, just irritated and red skin. Test before using it just to be safe.

on 5/10/2014 8:34:00 AM

I used honey as a mask and as a face wash but I didn't see any improvement. I love honey, I have been eating it for years and I use it a lot in the kitchen and I am quite dissapointed it didn't work for my skin. It didn't give me blackheads or pimples but it left my skin a bit dry. So I won't be using it soon, maybe when summer comes.

on 5/10/2014 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've used honey a couple of times mixed with lime and sugar as an exfoliating scrub. It seemed to work okay for me and was happy with the results. But I unknowingly purchased another brand of honey. I tried this on and OMGEE!! I broke out terribly. Huge zits on my face that very night and took a lot to calm them down, from antibiotics to benzoyl peroxide treatment. Rest assured will not be experimenting with honey again as I do not know from which region and flower the honey has been sourced from.

Popular Treatments (Face)