April 19, 2014 | 1779 users online

Treatments - Honey

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by cah123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish I'd have taken before and after pictures to remind myself how well this has worked!! This is literally the most effective product I have used for acne that has continued to work for three weeks. My skin is far from perfect but this has reduced the amount of spots I get, pretty much stopped the huge acne I used to get and clears up any spots I do get within a couple of days when before, I would have stubborn ones that lasted weeks! I've been using clear honey for three weeks which has worked well but now I've switched to raw organic honey that is thicker in consistency and smells better (my boyfriend hated the smell!) and the results are a lot quicker and I've noticed its brought deep down dirt to the surface. I use it after washing my face with a simple cleanser, morning and night, and leave it on for as long as possible because the results are better. At night I just wash the honey off and go to bed but in the morning I use a bit of jojoba to moisturise. Still not sure whether I should tone my skin after though :/ I scrub now and again with Lush ocean salt or baking soda.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by manximoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Big mistake - 2 months of trying this out (I really wanted to give this a chance) and all I got was much much WORSE acne then before.

My skin is not too sensitive that I know of so it wasn't the problem of redness rather it was the problem of clogged pores :(

Maybe my skin clogs easier than others (most sunscreens clog my skin, and some makeup brands) so if that's true with you too maybe you should try on a small patch of skin on your face first rather than your entire face.

One thing positive lol it did bleach my skin which I wanted because my face was more tanned than the rest of my body but not worth the experience.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by 1AsH22

Honey improved the quality of my skin while I was using it. I love it's naturally antiseptic quality. Honey naturally contains peroxide, which is an ingredient often used in products to lighten hair. When I used this on my face, I often mixed it with sugar for exfoliation. After gently rubbing it in, I left it on my face for probably an hour max. Really great results. My skin literally glowed. I believe the exfoliation and peroxide really do wonders to freshen up your face. I give this 4 stars because I began using this for acne. This did not cure my acne but probably helped. It can be messy. HONEY TIP: if your bottle of honey caramelizes (becomes thick, clumpy, sugary) it is still GOOD and PERFECT for skin exfoliation. It may be harder to squeeze out, but it hasn't gone bad, honey's antiseptic quality prevents it from spoiling easily. I haven't used it in a couple years but I think I'll go back to it. I think honey is somewhat pricey but it can be more effective and versatile than say a lotion which may cost the same price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by indilay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

About 3-4 weeks ago I experienced the worst breakout of my life. Of course, it was right before my camping vacation when I wanted to be clear and makeup free. Ugh. It was SO bad. Cysts on my chin, pustules on my cheeks. The whole time I was camping, I was bummed that my skin looked SO BAD. When I got home, I researched natural skin care products. Whenever I use ANYTHING with chemicals my skin goes bonkers.

I was looking up reviews for natural skin care and read about Lerosett and was about to purchase that when I came across some reviews for honey. I thought that I would try honey first because sulphur realllly dries out my skin. I used the regular "bear honey" for the first two days, but wasn't seeing any change in my skin at all. So I bought some pure, raw, organic honey and started twice a day with honey masks for anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour depending on how much time I had. My acne was definitely coming to the surface. At first, I wasn't sure if the honey was making my skin worse or if it was just purging. But, I know this is the norm when switching skin care products so I did not give up!

I also read about using apple cider vinegar so I started doing an ACV toner after my face mask and that immediately helped reduce the size of some pimples. Like IMMEDIATELY. It's amazing (will have to review that next)! I use 50% Bragg's ACV with 50% filtered water and a couple drops of tea tree and lavender oil to try to cut through the smell of the vinegar. I use it at night on a cotton round to help take off any honey and makeup residue and I use it in a spray bottle in the morning to mist my face after I wash it with honey (I sometimes just use it as a wash, not as a mask in the morning). I also moisturize with a couple drops of jojoba oil, aloe, or my Juice Beauty tinted moisturizer, depending on how dry/flakey or oily my skin is looking that day. I think I like the aloe the best though.

My skin has improved DRASTICALLY. I got one small pimple yesterday on my chin that has already gotten flat from doing my honey and ACV regimen. Other than that, the rest of my skin is clear, it's just healing. I have a lot of scabs/scars from my previous breakout, but they are all flat and luckily easy to cover with makeup.

I will say that I do think my EDM foundation was breaking me out. Which sucks because I LOVED it and have been using it for 5+ years! I switched to Mineral Fusion, but since their shades are too dark for my skin, I mixed it with some Alima Foundation I had that was pretty light. It's an awesome combination. The foundations on their own are not perfect, but mixing them together makes it close to perfect!

The skin care I was previously using was Aveda Outer Peace. I'm not sure if that's what caused my acne or if it was my makeup. But, I stopped using both. I do SOMETIMES use the Outer Peace face wash at night to help remove makeup. But rarely.

I hope that this helps some of you with your acne. I was skeptical it would be as great as all the reviews say, but hopeful because I do have good luck with natural products. It's a cheap alternative to trying out all those pricey skin care lines that help at first and then stop working. Give it a shot!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by wenzzz

For the past week and a half, I had been mixing honey and baking soda as a face mask that I have been using every day. I didn't notice any dramatic results. But, a couple days ago, I went to visit my mom whom I haven't seen since I started using this. She commented on how bright my skin looked! However, she and I didn't notice any differences for my blemishes (I tend to get whiteheads and really tiny bumps on my forehead).

Then, two nights ago, I mixed my honey and baking soda with my regular night time moisturizer (I use Cetaphil and mix a 2% salicylic acid pimple cream). When I woke up, 1 of the 2 whiteheads had noticeably gone down. However, 85% the little bumps on my forehead magically vanished and my skin was moisturized and glowy! Let me remind you this was only in one night and I had only gotten 6 hours of sleep. Imagine what this would do with continued use and better sleep!

I didn't use any special kind of honey. It was just one that I had lying around in the kitchen but it was for sure honey. Be careful, since some companies simply put sugar and cornstarch in a bottle and advertise it as honey.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

You cannot go wrong with Manuka UMF 15+ Honey. Unless if you are allergic to bumble bees. My dull skin morphs into a youthful plump baby skin after 3 nights of 30minute Manuka UMF15+ Honey mask. You have got to try it if you are fanatic of skin healing and rejuvenation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think if your not getting good results from using this as a moisturizing mask your not using this properly. First off any old honey will do! Mix 2 tbs honey with 2 tbs water and stir, next add 6 more tbs of water, mix. use as a moisture mask for 10-15 min, rinse, voila

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Halfsquatchh

Last night was my first use of a raw honey mask (along with pure aloe vera gel). I have oily sensitive acne prone skin and am currently having one of my worst breakouts of all time on my chin while the rest of my skin has large pores, hyperpigmentation, black heads, scarring, redness etc. I can already tell honey is going to do great things to my skin. Where I don't have breakouts, the redness has already reduced, along with some wrinkles on my forehead and scarring. My skin just looks better. As for the acne on my chin, the honey brought the pimples to a head but they don't really look better or worse. I popped them (I know it's bad but they hurt if I don't!) and I'm going to continue using the mask as I've heard it brings them to a head as it brings out the toxins.

**UPDATE**
My skin has improved sososo much! I really can't believe it. I've been using this regimen alone for 10 days and also use evoo as a moisturizer at night. Granted I do still have acne but much less, the organic honey and pure aloe has improved my skin tone, texture, and all over look. What used to bed red, angry, embarrassing skin has normalized! I don't even wear foundation anymore because it really just looks so much better. It does heal some pimples overnight in some cases though the type of pimple has something to do with this (usually painful putsules.) I've found using honey alone dries out my skin and irritates it since I have incredible sensitive skin and it is quite grainy, but when paired with aloe gel can make my face look incredible after using it as a mask for an hour or so. They really work well together and these bad boys cost me less than 15 dollars together. DEFINITELY worth a shot, just try it and keep it up for a few weeks as there is a "purging" stage where it will get worse and then get better! I will be back for another update as I keep using this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by edurling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I first stumbled across honey as a skincare aid when I had a nasty (self-inflicted, of course) scab from a popped pimple on my face. I came across a natural skincare website that recommended raw honey and specifically something called "manuka honey". Let me tell you, that was the best $35 I ever spent. You can buy raw manuka honey at Whole Foods and it heals damaged skin so fast its shocking. Raw honey works pretty well too, but manuka honey is worth the extra money, TRUST ME. If you have a picking at zits problem, manuka honey is your savior. Slap some on and cover it with a band-aid and go to sleep and the next morning you'll be shocked at the results. It's special because its made by bees that use pollen from a medicinal plant related to the tea tree plant - hospitals even use it now because it is effective against antibiotic resistant bacteria - I'm serious!
N.B. Regular honey does very little! You don't need to drop $35 for the manuka honey but you do need to buy the slightly more expensive RAW honey. It should be opaque and might be slightly grainy. You can get a jar for about $7 at trader joe's and a little goes a long way.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I wish i had more time to use this everyday .. if i could i would!
i normally use a honey mask as a treat, maybe once every 2 weeks, but this could be used more regularly if necessary. it makes skin feel clean, soft, fresh and new!

if i use a honey mask, i get a hot flannel cloth and leave it on my face for a few moments to open pores. then i use about a tablespoon of honey and apply it to my face and neck, and sometimes the chest area if im feeling patient! - be careful as it can drip everywhere!
I have also added sugar and essential oils (lavender, chamomile or tea tree) in the mixture too to make an indulgent exfoliator. once the mask has been on for about 10 or 15 mins, wash off with warm water. apply your favourite moisturisor and your skin will feel baby bum smooth!

when i worked in a health shop, i always recommended honey to many teen girls complaining of acne and spots. some looked at me like i was mad, and some took on my advice and even some came back to thank me for the results it had!

honey is a great healer for the skin and is anti bacterial, so its perfect for those who suffer with acne. it is also moisturising and works wonders for all skin types - even mine - combination/oily, slightly sensitive, spotty. it's best to go for honey that is in a squeezy tube - it is much cleaner!!

you may also want to try manuka honey - which has a unique antibacterial factor which may range from 5+ to 50+ strength. the higher the number, the higher the strength. this would work wonders on boils, spots, cuts, exzema etc. HOWEVER, it can be extremely expensive, but if you are looking for something to indulge in, go for it! its also good for IBS, stomach problems, sore throats, colds etc. i've heard raving reviews about this stuff during my time in a health shop.
if you are like me, and don't always have a high budget, regular honey is perfect for minor skin ailments. it's also very tasty :P